Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba 14mz-set up help needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba 14mz-set up help needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 07:00 AM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Futaba 14mz-set up help needed

Hi guys,

I have a question for the Futaba gurus on here. I am a long time JR user and I like to set up flight modes on my jets. For test flights I like to have the dual rates set up to work independently of the flight modes so I have the flexibility of selecting different rates no matter which flight mode I am in.

I also have a 14MZ and have used it on my GJC hawk. One thing I did find frustrating was that when it came time to program in my dual rates for say the ailerons, I had to program the dual rates into each flight mode or "condition".....a bit tedious. This was not necessary on my JR12x, as you would just program your dual rates once and they would work on a separate switch irrespective of which flight mode you are in.

It may just be my relative lack of familiarity with the 14MZ, but is there a way that I can program the dual rates, for say ailerons, once and have them work in each flight condition (as I would on my 12X) without having to manually program them into each flight mode or condition?

I am finding that I do not have enough channels on my 12X to set up my mig29 in the way I want to. I am getting frustrated with JR's apparent lack of progress in that area whilst Futaba are bringing out the 18MZ next year so I am considering switching to Futaba for future projects. I do not want this thread to degenerate into a brand bashing session as I think both systems are good, I would just like some help from the more experienced Futaba users out there.

Thanks in advance.

Craig.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:15 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 14mz-set up help needed

I think you will find on the switch selection there is an option to "Link" or "Single" this gives the set up in each condition if linked.

Mike