Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

When's the 12X replacement coming?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

When's the 12X replacement coming?

Old 12-28-2011, 08:47 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: When's the 12X replacement coming?

ORIGINAL: invertmast

I have heard from a reliable source (who asked be remain nameless) that a new jr radio with more than 12 channels was in he pipelind and would/should be available by the time i told him i was looking to upgrade from my 11x, which i stated as late 2012/early 2013
that same person said 3rd quarter 2012...he might be telling the truth[8D]
Old 12-28-2011, 09:20 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ravill

Sorry D,

But I love my 12x. My only complaint was after 4 years, the crappy NIMH finally died.

I also love my cassette player in my exotic! [X(] Actually, not really.....
Its funny because its true...

You get new Rx packs yet?
Old 12-31-2011, 06:33 AM
Ian Prentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I Have finally got round to changing my jr dsx9 only to find that the new dsx 12 will no longer work with spectrum receivers which is a major blow as most of my models have the dual spectrum powerbox receivers in !
I have been told this is because jr decided not to pay spectrum royalties ! Is this worldwide or just uk/Europe ?
So I am not really sure what to do now as my next jet will need 12 channels ! Seams JR are loosing the plot !!
Old 12-31-2011, 06:47 AM
Selleri

Ian if it's DSX12 then it will work with DSM2/DSMX("downgraded" to dsm2 if the tx uses that) rx's.

I would have thought that if it had JR's own DMSS it would get a new name, something like XG12 as per the 7 & 8 channel Tx's.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:51 AM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I find it a it ironic that when the DX7 came out it was the must have radio for jets and many threads can be searched as to how to get 10+ channels from a 7 channel rx! Now with that mentality of yesterday what is the potential of the 12X would be my question in channel count?
Old 12-31-2011, 07:43 AM
Ian Prentice

Thanks I was just going on what a supplier had told me! As they were selling the obselete dsx12 (dsm2) off cheap and not getting the new dsx12 (dmss) in! It will be a few months yet untill I can get one so I am not sure if there will be any current dsx12's left in the uk and I am not keen on buying second hand radio gear ! It a shame I missed out as these sets were over £550 cheaper than other uk shops !
Old 12-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Selleri

Understood, you've flown dsm2 on your DSX9 for some time now and presumably it's been okay, so why not get a bargain DSX12 and continue on dsm2? Or even the DSX11 if you can make 11 channels work for you...
Old 12-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Ian Prentice

That's what I will do although it will be a month or so before I can get One ! From what I gather all jr transmitters will now be dmss that will not work with spectrum receivers! So best to get the dsm2 sets whilst they are about !