Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bio Jet Fuel.. wow I can't wait to pay 4 times more to be green..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bio Jet Fuel.. wow I can't wait to pay 4 times more to be green..

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:53 AM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bio Jet Fuel.. wow I can't wait to pay 4 times more to be green..

Its a PIPELINE Ron not a tanker or a floating drilling rig. It will run from Canada to Texas through the Dakotas and Oklahoma, not a very natural disaster prone area. If you have a few minutes Google major oil spills from the Trans Alaska pipeline in the last 30 YEARS. Remember that the Proto-green fascists of the day were saying that it would be the end of the world then also. But then again, that movement has always run on Unsubstantiated fear and emotion. Just look at todays global warming, climate change or whatever the fear mongering nom du jour is. Scott
Old 12-16-2011, 10:45 AM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: KC36330

Ron, not all of us burn electrons like you,...
KC, as I'm sure you know, he's only 'burning' electrons at the end of the energy production line.

I don't know what type of fuel powers his chargers, but the power to load electrons into the batteries he uses doesn't come from nowhere. At least in my part of the country, Gulf Power provides the juice for my chargers, and thus my Night Vapor, PZ T-28, and Pulse XT 25e.

So, just like the 'green' guy with the Prius down the street, our vehicles are actually coal-powered...he just naiively and smugly thinks he's 'green.'

Sluggo
Old 12-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: marquisvns

I don't have the latest pricing comparison, but the last time I was shopping for BioDiesel, I was impressed, mostly about the same price, if not around 10% more than that of regular pump Diesel.

Dr. H, I am also impressed with the file you sent from National BioDiesel board about lubricity. I would be very interested to further test biodiesel with and without oil, Ron, if you would like to participate at some level, let me know.

Cheers,
Barry

I had a second PDF at one time that showed the scar test of Biodiesel Vs popular "Off the shelf" diesel fuel lube additives. Needless to say, a mix of B10 or B15 was better than all of them, including 2% synthetic TC-w3 in ULS Diesel.

Oh... and locally, B100 is about the same price as petrol diesel. (This is virgin soy based fuel, not recycled fry oil)
Old 12-16-2011, 11:42 AM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

KC, as I'm sure you know, he's only 'burning' electrons at the end of the energy production line.
Randy, It's like the tree huggers with their big paper product protest signs.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Green Power... you must mean Wren Turbines!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Corruption or just a clueless government introducing the latest 'good idea' without
any thoughts of the consequences? We have a similar team of 'thinkers' running
the show here in Oz.

Would this biofuel thing be an environmental flag waving excercise, a message to
our middle eastern 'friends' that we can access alternatives if they get greedy with
the price or a message to our middle eastern 'friends' that if they turn the tap off
altogether we can keep the military going at least until we can make 'other arrangements'.
(the Nazis made synthetic fuels when their supply was cut off) - John.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Just remember..........

Anytime you hear green from a politician...........

It means your tax dollars are going to be wasted on it......

There is nothing about the "green" movement that has to do with anything but taking our money to give to those who are lazy, controlling our lives, and keeping power to keep the first two going.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:16 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Desertlakesflying

Just remember..........

Anytime you hear green from a politician...........

It means your tax dollars are going to be wasted on it......

There is nothing about the ''green'' movement that has to do with anything but taking our money to give to those who are lazy, controlling our lives, and keeping power to keep the first two going.
Sounds like the 40 billion that the gov't gives to oil companies...
Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 PM
RCJetBazz

I just checked local petro retailer and biodiesel is only $4.69 per gallon, can any of you ignorant SOBs buy your kero for under $1.20? if not shut the f up
Old 12-16-2011, 07:12 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Well........I guess that settles it then.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:18 PM
KC36330

i got 60 gallon of Jet-A today for the cost of the gas to drive and get it so about 20 bucks (my truck isn't green either)......that's 33¢/gallon.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:19 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Oh Gawd, will some mod please kill this thing before it gets terminally stupid and out of hand like the "Kill Bin Laden" thread. Please?
Old 12-16-2011, 07:30 PM
RCJetBazz

You obviously either stole it or got it for free, but if one has to pay retail for fuel and also be able to fly green then why not...

i got 60 gallon of Jet-A today for the cost of the gas to drive and get it so about 20 bucks (my truck isn't green either)......that's 33¢/gallon.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:35 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: RCJetBazz

You obviously either stole it or got it for free, but if one has to pay retail for fuel and also be able to fly green then why not...
it was so graciously donated to me by an FBO, i was given 80 gallon of JP8 last month and i've got 125 gallons of Jet-A on account with the local airport so i don't foresee buying any anytime soon but if for some reason i must, it's $4.90/gallon for Jet-A. until i run completely out of green (cash) i'll continue to burn Jet-A/JP8.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:48 AM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been producing Bio Fuel in my kitchen sink for many years now... instead of selling it, I do the dishes occasionally. If everyone would contribute, we could bring down the price... just let me know where to send my contribution.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:13 AM
Bird of Paradise
My Feedback: (4)

Wrong. I know something about this since its part of my real job.

See: [link]http://biofuelsdigest.com/bdigest/2010/04/23/shock-wave-camelina-biofuels-pass-sound-barrier-in-successful-navy-f-18-trial/[/link] A quick search for aviation and biofuels will reveal there are many examples of jet engines being tested with biofuels. The commercial aviation sector also has a big dog this fight too. See: [link]http://www.caafi.org/[/link], Boeing and others are involved in this as well.

Mike
Old 12-17-2011, 05:47 AM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: k_sonn

ORIGINAL: Ron101

how fast they forget about the gulf and the Valdez.
I guess with this line of thinking all nuclear plants should be shut down .. remember Chernobyl.

Senseless comparison. That was a non-contained unit.

Gerry
Old 12-17-2011, 05:50 AM
GerKonig

Does anybody know how commercial aviation really started? Our government paid a lot of money to have them carry mail. Many thought it was a waste to dump tax money in that "adventure". Look how that "adventure" ended. You want waste: just think about the billions of US income taxes NOT paid by Exxon. How does that grab ya... How many jobs did that create?

Gerry
Old 12-17-2011, 06:38 AM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

Ron, not all of us burn electrons like you,...

I don't know what type of fuel powers his chargers, but the power to load electrons into the batteries he uses doesn't come from nowhere. At least in my part of the country, Gulf Power provides the juice for my chargers, and thus my Night Vapor, PZ T-28, and Pulse XT 25e.

So, just like the 'green' guy with the Prius down the street, our vehicles are actually coal-powered...he just naiively and smugly thinks he's 'green.'

Sluggo

Where I live we have nuclear plants close also and windmills in NJ. Nuclear energy accounts for a 20% of all the power generated in the US. (in this area it is much higher) Chenobyl was a 1966 design, we have come a long way since. We have over 100 nuclear power plants. We have hydroelectric plants also, and they account for a 7%, natural gas accounts for a 20%. Coal almost a 50% and only 2% petroleum.

Soooo, to say the "average" Prius are coal powered is ignorant at best. Some are wind powered, many around here are nuclear powered:-) Some are powered by our rivers and lakes. Ever visited Niagara Falls, and the local power plants? Maybe some Prius are 50% coal powered:-) And this will keep changing, as i always say, old farts cannot stop progress, they can only slow it down.

Gerry
If ignorance would be colorful, we would have a lot of very colorful folks in this big country of ours

Old 12-17-2011, 07:59 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Alternative energy is great but can anyone explain why we paid $16.00 per gallon when some people in the know on this thread said the average for bio was $4.00? I think that was the point Andy was bringing up.

Marty
Old 12-17-2011, 09:45 AM
GerKonig

Well since your thread has nothing to do with R/C I might as well join in.

Guess you would have to try and over shadow a great day. Good news is thanks to our president we won't need nearly as much fuel now

Some facts about why we are trying bio fuel: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...ls-for-fleets/

Very smart move to try and move us away from foreign dependency. Even more important when just yesterday reports came in that Iran is set to practive closing down the striat of hormuz which controls 30% of the worlds oil and Iran has 10% of the worlds oil reserve. Pretty good time to see how viable this fuel is for our fleet don't you think? not a great time to get caught with our pants down. Very smart move indeed.... you have to think ahead. Not just stick your head in the sand my friend

you better read this: http://www.forbes.com/sites/afonteve...conomic-havoc/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNA46eIX-hU[/youtube]

Yes, you are right. Good that something else noticed the news about the strait. There is one thing I can tell you. Closing the strait will cause rain in Iran. Really, really bad rain. The worst you can imagine... We need to keep in the cutting edge of technology, but slowly it seems that we are loosing our grip because we waste our edge because we waste our money and opportunities.

A war came to an end, and most people really will never know the real reason we went in there. Many simpletons still believe it is because of the oil... Ignorance is bliss...

Gerry

Old 12-17-2011, 10:44 AM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

I kown that kingtech ran bio fuel and siad it ran flawless.... that has me very interested in the turbines and I may build a turbine trainer just to try it out. I fly all e power...that is the only fuel plane that interest me. 100% bio fuel is safe to drink....and your jet should smell like a french fry maker...lol
Yet you come in here and moan and groan and you don't even burn fuel. Try a different thread bro.