Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

how popular are the first few 2012 jet events? trying to decide which one to go to ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

how popular are the first few 2012 jet events? trying to decide which one to go to ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 AM
rcfun2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how popular are the first few 2012 jet events? trying to decide which one to go to ?

hi ,

i am new to jets, and i wanted to pick an event to go to soon which would have many jets to see.

can anyone comment in big round numbers , how many jets would be attending any of these events below .. i have no idea of the size of these events:

February 10th -12th 2012 - Desert Jet Storm - Phoenix, AZ - www.speedworldrcf.com
March 1st - 4th 2012 - FL Jets http://www.franktiano.com/FljetsFrameset.htm
March 9th - 11th 2012 - Tucson Jet Rally - Tucson, AZ - http://www.tucsonwarbirds.com/
April 13th-15th 2012 Sun Valley Jets @ Sun Valley Fliers in North Phoenix

thanks
Old 01-04-2012, 07:10 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: how popular are the first few 2012 jet events? trying to decide which one to go to ?

You might want to consider the Mississippi Afterburner in Raymond MS (suburb of Jackson). It is held at a full scale airport. Can't tell you the plane count but last year 71 pilots attended
Here is a link to last years event. This years dates are May 3 -5. It's about 450 miles from Houston
http://www.mississippijets.com/afterburner.htm
Old 01-04-2012, 07:16 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Default RE: how popular are the first few 2012 jet events? trying to decide which one to go to ?

Desert Jet Storm is an excellent event! Typically 60-75 pilots. I've attended every year except last year and always had a great time! Very well organized at a great location I think you should definitely attend!

David S
Old 01-04-2012, 07:22 AM
rcfun2005

ORIGINAL: bcovish

You might want to consider the Mississippi Afterburner in Raymond MS (suburb of Jackson). It is held at a full scale airport. Can't tell you the plane count but last year 71 pilots attended
Here is a link to last years event. This years dates are May 3 -5. It's about 450 miles from Houston
http://www.mississippijets.com/afterburner.htm
hey Bob,

mississippi hopefully is a for sure ,,, just drive out ,, i am in houston,,,

but i have the jet bug big time and want to go to jet rally SOON !!

thanks
Old 01-04-2012, 07:27 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Desert Jet Storm is a very fun, well attended event. There will be around 70 pilots, LOTS of spectators, very well run.

Sun Valley Jets, we are looking for more of a low key event with 40-50 pilots. There will be few spectators. All prizes go to the pilot door prizes. We had a very good door prize raffle last time.

Both clubs have very good runways and overfly areas. Sun Valley Fliers has a 700' runway with 300' of clean over run on both sides.

Sun Valley has more full scale traffic, we are close to Deer Valley Airport. It is one of the Top 3 busiest GA airports in the US.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:36 AM
HORNET FLYER
My Feedback: (6)

+1 on mab! Fun event and great people.....lots of flying
Paul
Old 01-04-2012, 07:38 AM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The Sun Valley club runway is about 700 ft long with substantial over/under-shoots of smooth packed desert. You can literally land in the overshoot/undershoot and taxi back. The pit area is now paved including the area under the ramada (sun shelter). Here's a marked up photo of the field with a outline of the USS Nimitz to give you an idea of the field size.

Regards,

Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He96999.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	1709614  
Old 01-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

Hey RC

I plan on going to Desert Storm, Mississippi and Kentucky along w/ bomber, Austin and Waco this year.  We need to hook up.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:08 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey Wap see you in MIssissippi and Kentucky! I was looking to start another project and have two jets for KY but things keep getting in the way. I am having to buy a tailer and build a new Pc so well see about that.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:09 AM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: David Searles

Desert Jet Storm is an excellent event! Typically 60-75 pilots. I've attended every year except last year and always had a great time! Very well organized at a great location I think you should definitely attend!

David S
+1 Awesome event!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 AM
rcfun2005

ORIGINAL: Wap4life

Hey RC

I plan on going to Desert Storm, Mississippi and Kentucky along w/ bomber, Austin and Waco this year. We need to hook up.

Hey great Wap !! will ck with you next time at Scobee field for details ... thanks Joe