Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronics Users: Why move to 18MZ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
Futaba improved on Weatronic functionality
18.75%
Close enough functionality AND feel better with Futaba
18.75%
I know is less functionality than Wea, BUT feel better with Futaba
12.50%
Don't know if its any better or not, just want out of Wea
50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Weatronics Users: Why move to 18MZ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Weatronics Users: Why move to 18MZ?

I always considered that the Weatronic functionality was way ahead of the major radio manufacturers. If you are/were using Weatronic, you know what I refer too (RF signal monitoring, alarms, programmability, etc)

For those that Weatronics users that are moving,or are considering moving to 18MZ, what is driving that? (I assume its not cost

Old 01-13-2012, 09:04 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Weatronics Users: Why move to 18MZ?

You don't offer my choice. "Not moving to 18MZ from Weatronic"
Old 01-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not moving either. Just wondering if those moving are responding to better technology or just getting away from Weatronics.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:31 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Edgar Perez

I'm not moving either. Just wondering if those moving are responding to better technology or just getting away from Weatronics.
Or perhaps just got to have the newest, Most Expensive and biggest. If you are not that hungry and there are 3 sizes of burgers there are always those who have gotta have the big one
Old 01-13-2012, 05:46 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use Weatronic with JR. I think people (including myself) have concerns about the long term viability of Weatronics and are becoming hesitant to invest more than they already have in it. Some have decided to cut their losses now and go with the new 18mz.

Concerns about Weatronics viability come from their complete lack of customer service, their refusal to successfully address some known issues and the market trend of the current manufacturers to build dedicated (non-modular) transmitters. This relegates Weatronic for use with older transmitters.

I really like my Weatronics equipment but, want to see where the company is headed before buying more. I've been waiting for an English voice file for over a year. It makes me wonder if Wea has any interest in sales outside their domestic market.

Mike
Old 01-13-2012, 10:11 PM
roger.alli

I'm with Sid . You dont offer my choice. I use Wea with JR and am very happy with it so won't be changing in the near future.

Yes there are issues dealing with them, but in my opinion the Wea system I use offers far more functionality than any of the others.

I am taking a wait and see approach with Waetronics and will not change until a better system becomes available.

Roger
Old 01-14-2012, 12:02 AM
RUFTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

I use Weatronic with JR. I think people (including myself) have concerns about the long term viability of Weatronics and are becoming hesitant to invest more than they already have in it. Some have decided to cut their losses now and go with the new 18mz.

Concerns about Weatronics viability come from their complete lack of customer service, their refusal to successfully address some known issues and the market trend of the current manufacturers to build dedicated (non-modular) transmitters. This relegates Weatronic for use with older transmitters.

I really like my Weatronics equipment but, want to see where the company is headed before buying more. I've been waiting for an English voice file for over a year. It makes me wonder if Wea has any interest in sales outside their domestic market.

Mike
+1

I fly Wea and Graupner, and I am completely happy with it. but they need to get their act together in the customer department.
Just ordered the new Graupner MC-32 (easily adaptable to Weatronic) but going to fly the HOTT stuff for a while before I make up my mind about further investing in expensive Wea RX's.

Bart.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:11 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

I too am holding off in more purchase of Weatronic equipment but very happy with performance of two Micro 12Ch receivers I now have. I recently wanted to try a gyro in one model and would have purchased a 3rd receiver with gyro but instead just bought a stand alone gyro. Customer response needs to improve.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:54 PM
lavi rider
My Feedback: (6)

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Wea just moved to their new facility and a promise of new and improved customer service from their behalf....