Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Carf classic flash no longer available?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Carf classic flash no longer available?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Carf classic flash no longer available?

I see according to Carf's site, the Classic Flash is no longer listed. Also the popular combo offerings, which made savings, are not listed for the Ultra flash.
Not good business sense, in my opinion. Sales are hard enough to get in this tough market.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Carf classic flash no longer available?

Does indeed seem a pity. I have been interested in the flash for some time and actually like the looks of the clasic etter than the new one. Not sure which flys best however.

Deno
Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be honest I'm surprised that the Classic Flash lasted as long as it did. Whilst I personally think that it looked better than the Ultra there is little doubt that the Ultra is the better model. The biggest advantage of the Classic was that it was a couple of hundred Euros cheaper. It would be nice if, now that only one version of the Flash is available, the price was reduced a bit but that was never really going to happen.

I'm not sure what combo deals were available on the Classic Flash but the only ones that were available for the Ultra were huge bundles including engine/servos etc. I'm guessing that they didn't sell many of these so I'm not surprised that these were removed from the site. I seem to remember asking about kit/gear/tank combos before and think the response was that combos would be offered when necessary to push sales. I guess that the sales of the Ultra Flash are such that discounts aren't considered necessary.

I have a love/hate relationship with C-ARF. My experience of their customer service, at times, has been pretty poor and their methodology of releasing new models to the market is sometimes very strange and frustrating but I absolutely love their models and will keep going back for more.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:14 AM
cairoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jim Cattanach

I see according to Carf's site, the Classic Flash is no longer listed. Also the popular combo offerings, which made savings, are not listed for the Ultra flash.
Not good business sense, in my opinion. Sales are hard enough to get in this tough market.
Why????

Already crashed the one you have???

Chris
Old 01-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cairoman

ORIGINAL: Jim Cattanach

Why????

Already crashed the one you have???

Chris
NO. I have not crashed it. Now it is a rarity, you can save up & make me a decent offer .
I think the classic Flash was much better looking. The classic Flash combo gave a reduction if you bought all the required basic equipment, gear, tanks etc. The Ultra Flash combos were ridiculous with servos, turbines etc & so were less flexible.