Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Should be working, but I'm playing...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Should be working, but I'm playing...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 09:00 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Should be working, but I'm playing...

THis is the time of year when I should be working on a model, but I have been having a blast, living the dream, and learning to fly the full scale stuff. I broke down and purchased my own plane and have been enjoying a few of the cool, quiet late evenings we have had recently. It has however renewed my interest to get into the workshop and finish my airliner.....haha....if you speed up the footage in my Sundowner it makes it look like I'm flying a G5!!

http://youtu.be/zdNASMInT-g
Old 01-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should be working, but I'm playing...

Doc,

Is that an Interstate you took off from? I noticed you were in the Passing lane.

Nice plane! My buddy has an '86 Bonanza with the standard tail. They look similar.

Good luck with it and fly safe!

Bob
Old 01-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

I use to have fun flying full sized stuff... but it's gotten so expensive over the years... that my medical is out of date by about 15 years. (lol) When I got my privet, I could rent a 150 for $27hr WET !! I could get the 177 for $45/hr wet. Also... I got my privet out of Chino CA. It was just a short flight away from Falybob, where EAA chapter #1 was at, and Flo's cafe, where everything had gravy on it. It was always a good time hanging out with the old-timers, and plugging up some arteries.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:26 AM
DocYates

Yeah....haha....I prefer to be left of center, but only on the runway.....If you look really close you will see a friggin moth on the windscreen, I was on the centerline till I looked down and saw that thing, I thought it was a bee, and I almost bailed out. Besides if you fly like you're drunk it will make it easier for the cops to find you.
Mine is 1971 Beechcraft Sundowner, 180 HP, fixed gear. Only 2700 hours on it when I got it. Slowly updating it and bringing it into the 21st century.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Doc,

That will be an ongoing project. My buddy spent $60K last year on new Avionics.

There is always something that needs to have money spent on it.

Best of luck. I hope you log at least 10,000 trouble free hours on it.

Bob
Old 01-27-2012, 10:42 AM
MLaCoste
My Feedback: (15)

Hey Doc,

I was doing the same thing. There's nothing like having a crappy week at the office, heading to the local airport Friday afternoon, putting some altitude between you & the ground to make all the drama just go away.

One of my in the pattern afternoons to stay current... [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkpNJBgZyWE&feature=plcp&context=C388f1b8UDOEgsToPDskIJitDW_OMQCG-DCapVY-n0]Flying at KAUN[/link]

Brg,
Mark LaCoste
In the Pattern Podcast
Old 01-27-2012, 11:03 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have to say I've seen some of the latest HBC Turbo-Bonanza's with glass cockpits, OMG! It was only missing a sidestick!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:16 AM
DocYates

Beech made a great airplane. They suffered the fate of most private aviation companies between lawyers and a downturn in the economy, they basically had to stop manufacturing GA aircraft. Interestingly I found out that Beech sold a number of the Musketeer Series (sundowner, customs, etc) to the Canadian government for military trainers. These aircraft could be rated for acrobatics, but mine says general utility and that is where I want to keep it. I have noticed that the extra weight they carry makes them a little less bouncy in the light turbulence compared to the Cessna 172 and Cherokee 140 I have been flying. Might be my prejustice bleeding through, its hard to tell. What were you flying in the video Mark? Nice landing BTW.....