RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What's wrong with RCU

Old 03-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Greg Covey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: What's wrong with RCU

Hi all,

Most of you don't know me but I feel that I must tell you that there is a plan forward for RCU. I am trying hard to get a press release of this information because I feel that we are all owed this much. It is incorrect to assume that RCU doesn't care about its members. However, I am not certain why the plans for our future (and there are plans) are not revealed to all.

Regards.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:48 PM
BaldEagel

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There is only one way this will be addressed all of us must post an individual thread about our problems and flood the forum with posts about it, this will make the Forum untenable and the advertisers will react accordingly, it will then leave RCU with no choise, but to do something about it.

Mike
Old 03-03-2012, 03:54 PM
BaldEagel

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have just tried to start the ball rolling and I can't post an individual thread about the problem, Arghhhhhhhhhh, will keep trying.

Mike
Old 03-03-2012, 03:55 PM
BobbyMcGee

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I heard about the "Great Plan" that RCU has. But also heard that it will take lots of time and have lots of errors until the "Big System" is put in place. I would also suspect that there will be many other unforeseen "fixes" even after the Big System is put in place.

Those crazy IT guys are milking this. Nothing like creating job security by allowing all these problems to magically arise time and time again. Seriously, if you brought your car into be fixed and it constantly broke down after each fix, wouldn't you find another mechanic?
Old 03-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Stealthjet

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

RCU was sold, If the technology runs the site such as servers did not continue to be at the same standard as before, members will start having all this problems including my self. Please check out my planes for sale, great deal.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:14 PM
geoardsog5

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It only gets worse and not a word from RCU management. i think we are witnessing the death of RCU. How sad.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Rob2160

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I too experience problems from time to time.

However often when I have problems using Internet Explorer I can access RCU with Firefox no problem

sometimes the opposite happens..

i can't explain it but it happens regularly..

Old 03-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Firepower R/C

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I love RCU, but the recent problems are real, and severe. Kudos to those that say they have none, but there are many that do have trouble. I while back, I was considering placing some advertising on RCU... but there is NO WAY I will do it until they step up and at least inform us as to what they intend to do to move forward from this situation. I would be furious if I was currently paying for advertising on a site that was malfunctioning so badly!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Props4ever

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's slowing down like carzy, pic uploads crash 80% of the times, viewing forums has become hassle to navigate!. If my S Connie thread was not on here since beginning of the project, i'm sure i would have moved to another site by now!!
This is too frustrating at times even to log in and then go into forum menus....I hope they fix the issues whatever they are before majority of guys will start leaving!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:25 PM
wayneparrish

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree, its been several times you can't even access RCU at all ! Of course they won't compensate you for the lost exposure time YOU are paying for !! Probably going to be my last ad on it,at least till they get their act together. WP
Old 03-03-2012, 07:26 PM
jerrysu29

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Reminds me of the 1980's when the hottest computer out there had a 200 mb hard drive Open a site and go have dinner. LOL !!!! Not Good, RCU use to be aTop Notch Site. to bad I just upgraded my account to Platinum. Maybe if more would pitch in a little green they could do a much better Job. Gets back to the old saying " you can not keep getting something for Nothing most of the people that are complaining I see are basic members.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:39 PM
scottdearinger

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

next music video i create will be about this slow hack site that used to be cool-
this is an music video about flying rc planes.. if its off topic enough maybe a moderator will show up and speak about the pentium 3's they got running this thing...
Old 03-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Chris Nicastro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey IT guy what's the deal with this site? I'm constantly "losing connection with server".

Getting old there is no fix for this and everyone is complaining, is there a new site update planned or ?
Old 03-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Speedy-Gonzales

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There are much worse things in life to complain about. Ingrown toenails,hemorrhoids,barking dogs, etc.

I think this is the least of my worries.

SPEEDY
Old 03-03-2012, 08:27 PM
ckreef

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Props4ever

It's slowing down like carzy, pic uploads crash 80% of the times, viewing forums has become hassle to navigate!. ............................
I have been trying for 2 nights to upload pics for my electric to glow conversion thread - no go

Viewing and normal posting is marginal at best. Maybe they need to contact RCGroups and see what server/provider they are on cause their load and upload speeds are spot on with no problems.

And ignoring the problem is not making it any better.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Firepower R/C

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, at first it may seem some have no room to complain, but at the very least paying advertisers certainly do! Also paying members. This site runs on ads... tons of ads from big name suppliers. They are on every page. When pages don't load, ads aren't seen. They are paying directly for a service that is not being delivered as promised.

Most users of RCU may not pay a yearly fee to be a member of RCU, but all users of the site do pay in a way- indirectly through their chosen products/suppliers. Anyone here buy from Tower? Horizon? Hobby King? Hobby distributors fuel this site... and we fuel them.

Anyhoo, let's just hope things get better... I will gladly support the site directly if I see improvement! Who knows, maybe this is a hint to get off of our butts and do more modeling and less computing!

Old 03-03-2012, 08:55 PM
quietnas1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I will put in my 2ΒΆ. This os getting ridiculous.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:02 PM
flyoz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Guys try clearing out your cookies and other junk from your browsers. That may help
Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 AM
bem

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,

Have anyone tried to pick up the phone and actually talk to some administrator or owner of RCU?
If the owner know about the severe problems with this site and actually do nothing to solve it (it seems) then why should we be here anymore?
We contribute with our time and knowledge to help others and we get help from others etc. It seems RCU owners think we, users, have unlimited patience. Somewhere there is a line they will pass where users will drop of for good. It is close now for me.

/Bo 
Old 03-04-2012, 02:53 AM
buzrow4

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dam solar flares.Slowing down the easter net.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:52 AM
RCFlyerDan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The new owners aren't spending any money on IT or maintaining it! Of course, there is no income from us.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:04 AM
FCABARLE

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I placed an offer on a P-51. I clicked several times to send it and I thought the message failed because the screen timed out and I never received the confirmation message. Later I went to the ad and the message repeated about 6 times. The seller must think I'm spastic with the mouse! Can anyone refer me to another website other than Ebay for rc models ?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:35 AM
rickusaf

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah, there is a way to find the owner, goto www.whois.net and type in the URL. I have had enough of this website, especially when they do NOTHING about it while they take the money out of your pocket. Glad I dont pay, I'd be filing a complaint with credit card company for a refund based on no service. Dont tell me its my computer either, I am a EE, and all my other sites load on startup just fine. One of the problems is people dont sign off either and the site doesnt kick them off after a timeout. SIGN OFF !!! Either way, I placed a offer on a item, dont know if they received it because it crashed, so I lose out on a item. They are reading these posts and laughin in your face in the process. How can I be nice about it, sorry I cant when it doesnt work 95 % of the time.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:40 AM
mike31

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Maybe it's not all RCU. All computers slow down after time. Possibly y'all's computers are slowing down too. Maybe some programs installed are conflicting with RCU. Who knows? I have had some minor issues with RCU but that doesn't bother me. I go to the man cave and work on building more planes. Gotta be flexible.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:23 AM
JNorton

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've been on two hours - got 5 failed to connect messages. This is getting really bad. I'm really considering on going elswhere - it's not fun not being able to scroll to the next page in a thread!
John

Search this Thread