Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Multiplex new flagship

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Multiplex new flagship

Old 02-05-2012, 05:32 AM
jetster81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Multiplex new flagship

Thanks for that insight John, as I expected the MPX chaps were testing the waters by putting the new TX on show as they often do with products. I for one am confident they will come up with the goods to put them at the forefront of TX innovation for the next few years at least. Putting my name down tomorrow,I dont want to miss out on a watch, hehe.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:24 AM
Mavrik!

Any update on release date?

Mav
Old 07-26-2012, 05:14 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mavrik!

Mav
Multiplex is telling customers at shows in Germany that the Premium Edition will be on sale just in time for Christmas, standard edition some time next year.
Harry
Old 07-26-2012, 09:23 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: HarryC

Mav
Multiplex is telling customers at shows in Germany that the Premium Edition will be on sale just in time for Christmas, standard edition some time next year.
Harry
Harry,

Can this transmitter be used with Weatronic or is it dedicated M-link?

Mike

Old 07-26-2012, 11:37 AM
HarryC

M-link only Mike, I doubt any brand will design new tx with modules again which is why weatronic is having to make it's own tx.
H.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

M-link only Mike, I doubt any brand will design new tx with modules again which is why weatronic is having to make it's own tx.
H.
That's too bad. I hope Wea's design is competitive and av ailable before my old age.

Mike

Old 06-27-2013, 06:38 AM
EUROSPORT JET IRELAND

Hi All
Has anybody used the Powerbox iGyro with the Multiplex radio, looking for some advise on setting up.
Thanks
Old 07-01-2013, 06:28 PM
rorywquin

Mav
Harry

And ....as usual....... we are still waiting. Last advise was Autumn..gone...maybe Xmas 2013.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:06 PM
jetster81

No doubt that if and when it arrives it will be a work of art with many innovative features but I am tired of waiting personally and am going to try the new Taranis from Frsky which is based on the mutiplex principal at a fraction of the cost (check out the massive thread elswhere) I am waiting to recieve my TX which is due any day now and will try it on cheaper models to begin with and the jets will remain on MPX for the time being until I am happy. I have always had faith in the performance of my MPX gear and therefore feel a little reluctant to move but the attitude towards its high end customers i feel has been lacking of late. Before the 'it's cheap so it has to be crap' brigade come in Frsky is a proven system with a great reputation for reliability and yes the TX is a somewhat dated design,there are futuristic designs on the horizon check out the Horus, but I am only interested what gos on inside. I really do feel we are entering a new age in radio control with openrx.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:30 AM
HarryC

ORIGINAL: rorywquin

Mav
Harry

And ....as usual....... we are still waiting. Last advise was Autumn..gone...maybe Xmas 2013.
Worse even than that, the last word from Multiplex is February 2014, a whole 2 years after unveiling it at Nuremberg. That probably means July 2014. I would imagine the folks at Multiplex are also very unhappy about the situation, they have already been spending money on developing this for 3 or 4 years and won't see any income never mind profit on it until next year, plus they must feel embarrassed at the huge delay. However something in their management of the project needs a good kicking, one wonders what it was they actually showed at Nuremberg 18 months ago if it is still not ready to go into production.

My era with Multiplex is coming to its end. Like jetster I have ordered a Frsky Taranis which should be in my hands very soon, I sold all my Multiplex rx and at second hand prices they made so much money they paid for the new Taranis Tx, all new Frsky Rx to replace the Mpx ones and still leave me in profit! Mpx Rx prices are the biggest reason I have given up on Mpx, the Tx and servos are sensible prices compared to their competitors but the rx prices are in another galaxy. I won't use the Frsky any time soon on my jets but if in time it proves reliable then I will consider it.

Meantime my jets continue with a Multiplex 4000 using Weatronic transmission and Rx, I may get the new Weatronic Tx when if ever it goes on sale, but with the Taranis being the true successor to the 4000 it will be pushing hard to take over all my flying when confidence is gained. The Taranis manual even says of the programming that it "differs from the majority of mainstream radio by its programming philosophy. Owners of Multiplex radios will however feel at home very quickly, as the principles are very similar". It really is the improved and updated 4000 that we hoped Multiplex would make, for almost 1/10th the price.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:47 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HarryC,

Could you give a comparison of RX models/prices (against other established manufacturers) so I can see where your concern is about the Multiplex RX prices?

I'm looking at Multiplex and am interested to see where the price differences are noticeable. I've had a look at the Multiplex prices and whilst they certainly aren't cheap, they don't see to be that bad.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:42 AM
HarryC

siclick,

I was looking specifically at comparisons with Jeti, Weatronic and Frsky, although to be fair all the major brands get destroyed by Frsky prices. From a quick glance at JRtaba prices a while ago I got the impression they are cheaper Rx than Multiplex, but to be honest I didn’t check in any detail since I really dislike their software I simply don't consider buying JRtaba anyway! Maybe Mpx rx are not so bad compared to JRtaba after all?

I was considering Jeti quite strongly, their software seems okay ish, I think I could live with it, it is their Rx prices at the top end that seemed very attractive compared to Multiplex. Weatronic Rx are very similar price to Mpx but are vastly more capable, having programmability built into the rx that exceeds what many computer tx can do, and of more importance to me is the built-in data logging of parameters that no other brand does, though the latest Frsky Taranis now comes close!

I got hacked off paying £42 for the simplest Mpx 5 channel light (non telemetry) rx for my lunchtime foamies, now I can pay just £13 to Frsky. Since Mpx and Frsky are using the same wi-fi chip in the rx one wonders where all that extra price is justified?

For the better scale models with flaps etc, £81 Mpx telemetry 7 ch, or £62 Jeti telemetry 8 ch, or £16/£22 Frsky 7/8ch.

Get into jet territory and 12 channel Rx, Mpx £173, Weatronic £172, Jeti £86. Both Wea and Jeti are programmable and Wea has the phenomenal data logging, Mpx has neither. Go up further, Mpx 16ch £207, Jeti 18ch £136. Multiply those differences over my fleet of jets and the saving becomes substantial. I make no saving up to 12 channels by using Weatronic but they are better value for money, and savings really start to pile up with Weatronic beyond 12 channels, their Rx with power management, programming and gyros cost quite a bit less than buying separate powerbox stuff, gyros etc and are generally still much more capable anyway.

One thing Mpx does seem to have really well sorted is their telemetry sensor system, the serial bus system needs no additional connector boxes that almost every other brand seems to need, thus saving cost and space and weight. Wea’s system for sensors is probably the worst!

If Multiplex had got the Profi on sale within a year of first showing it I was fully expecting to buy it, but in the time they have lost it has given me chance to look elsewhere and other things have come onto the market so my plan is to stay with Weatronic for jets and large/high value models, Frsky for everything else until Frsky proves it is worthy of the high value models.

My ideal radio is the Jeti case with Grumania trim sticks, running the OpenTx firmware as per Taranis, with the Weatronic transmission system and Multiplex MSB sensor system at Frsky prices. Dream on!!

H.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Jeti USA

Unfortunately that’s all it is, neither one will combine forces together:
My ideal radio is the Jeti case with Grumania trim sticks, running the OpenTx firmware as per Taranis, with the Weatronic transmission system and Multiplex MSB sensor system at Frsky prices. Dream on!!

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 07-03-2013, 11:45 AM
jetster81

ORIGINAL: Jeti USA

Unfortunately that’s all it is, neither one will combine forces together:

Zb/Jeti USA
Yep, that's about right!.