Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Spektrum DX18

Only pulling your leg Dom
    Stuka, P51, Super Chipmunk, Super Stearman R170, BE2e, Javelin, F16, L39, F86, Viperjet and at long last an F4!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Gordon W

ORIGINAL: Dustin Buescher

*I think you need to turn on x+, then assign the first two to the inputs you desire.

There's more. Quoting an Andy Kunz reply on the RCgroups thread:

One of the minuses (not a huge miss) is when using X-Plus the frame rate goes from 11ms to 22ms for the first 10 channels.

If you are only using X+1 and X+2, you can keep the 11ms rate if you use a 12-channel rx.

What you do is configure those two channels as desired, then turn off X-Plus. The channels are still calculated, but they are only transmitted as Aux6/7 and not as X+1/2.

When you use XPlus, the receiver channels are updated every 22ms. Period. The XPlus channels are updated less frequently according to an algorithm that speeds throughput as needed.

When you don't enable XPlus, the primary controls (A/E/R/Aux1) can be updated every 11ms if you are bound in 11ms mode (ie, you have a fast receiver).

Gordon

That's a nice "work around" to know about! It's certainly not intuitively obvious and I'd suspect (hope!) that this gets changed in one of the upcoming software upgrades, so that going into 12-ch mode (with option of 11 ms rate) without going into X-plus mode is more straightforward.

Stacey E. (Chuck) Mills
    Charlottesville, VA.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice Dustin.. Thanks!

Mr G.
    Mr G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone know which Spektrum cases the DX18 fits in? Would like to get the stand up case (SPM6708).

Dom Mitchell (YouTube: Essential RC)
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/essentialRC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DominicM

Anyone know which Spektrum cases the DX18 fits in? Would like to get the stand up case (SPM6708).

Good question. I've wondered the same thing. I'm sure it would fit in this one, but the foam cutouts might not be right.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki18822.gif 
Views:	2 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	1776606  
    Stacey E. (Chuck) Mills
    Charlottesville, VA.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That looks like the case that I modified - code seems right, if it holds two XMTRs.

I hold a DX-5e on the end, my buddy box XMTR.

I then had to carve the bottom and a little around the sticks and vertical trims so it would slide in easily without forcing (used a long, new, blade).

It was tight with the antenna, so I then carved a slope to the foam where the back of the -18 rests. Now, it tilts back about 20o, or so.

I then used the scrap foam pieces to gently wedge above the switch (on the front) and ensured it cleared the sticks/trims.

Now, the lid closes just perfectly and I can carry my -18 and the -5e along with trainer cords, etc.

I also purchased Radio Shack "B" adapta-tips for field charging from a car power outlet and my own circuit based on West Mountain Radio RigRunner and isoPower.

Michael

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a case that is for the 11x and my 18x fits fine
    Yellow F-22. GJC: L-39. SKYMASTER:F-18. COMARF: ULTRA LIGHTNING,FLASH. KINGTECH: K-140G,K-170,K-180G,K-170G,K-100G

http://www.rcjetaddiction.com/forum/...t-includedThis link shows the dx 18 in the standup case.
    Dustin Buescher
    BVM Jets - Skymaster, Horizon Hobby, Spektrum, Kingtech, Jet Central, Jet Cat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the stand up case snug but fine/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jack744

I have a case that is for the 11x and my 18x fits fine
    Aren't you worried about cross contamination?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello everyone,
    I'm trying to set up Idle adjust on my 18 X and i just dont know how to do it.
    I'm setting it up on a gas plane so i want an adjustment on Idle via a switch.
    Basically when plane is idling along you hit the specified switch and the plane will idle a little higher while still having control on the throttle.
    I had this set up on all my gas planes with my 11 x which was set up via the Throttle trim section which also had the throttle cut all on the same screen.
    What am i doing wrong?
    Please help.
    If you have to borrow, you cant afford it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the spektrum standup case fits the 18.. if you buy the double transmitter foam for the JR double standup, you can trim down the sides an inch or so, and then put two in the spektrum standup case... I just saw it done last weekend.

It will not stand up in a 12x size case unless angled, but it will lay flat in the 12x case. It will also not fit the standard foam cutouts without widening and lengthening it with a knife in the laydown cases...

my 2c
    Goose
    Wren Turbines USA, Fromeco Avionics, JetiUSA Flight Team, www.Espritmodel.com www.demonaero.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

deleted
    Goose
    Wren Turbines USA, Fromeco Avionics, JetiUSA Flight Team, www.Espritmodel.com www.demonaero.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NO thats not what i want to do.
    Thank you anyway for your suggestion

Ivan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mr_Grump

Has anyone setup the trainer mode on the DX-18? I have a DX-18 and DX-8. Both are great radios but setting up the trainer mode using the 18 as the master and the 8 as the slave has been a bad experience. Seems to me there's a lot missing from the manual instructions. I can't seem to just transfer stick control to the slave without having to select the same model in the slave and adjust the subtrims to match the master. I've tried Programmable Master and Pilot Link. I've also put the slave Trainer to Inhibit and Slave.

I hope I'm just missing something here and someone can set me straight.

Mr G
    put the master radio in PILOT LINK Master, not programmable.. then pick the channels you wantto give up.. it will then work like you are expecting.. I just did it..

If you have an older DX8 with the gimbal issue, it will show up here with slight movement when hitting trainer button.. you will see the monitor table values move slightly.. Mine does that too, knowing I will be sending it in at the end of the season...

Goose

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Deleted

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys posting this for a friend of mine.

I have last week purchased a Spektrum DX-18 Transmitter and want to BIND 2 Spektrun AR-9300 Receivers
    to be used in one model.

I have repeatedly tried but always either the first Rx binds OR the second Receiver Binds but both Never bind together with the Tx.

Is it possible to Bind 2 Receivers together with the DX-18 Tx so they can be used in 1 model.

I own a 12X and have successfully managed to bind 2 Rxs to one model so i do not know why the the DX 18 would be any different.

Thanks
    Chatty.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: c_makhija

I have last week purchased a Spektrum DX-18 Transmitter and want to BIND 2 Spektrun AR-9300 Receivers
    to be used in one model.

I have repeatedly tried but always either the first Rx binds OR the second Receiver Binds but both Never bind together with the Tx.

Is it possible to Bind 2 Receivers together with the DX-18 Tx so they can be used in 1 model.

I own a 12X and have successfully managed to bind 2 Rxs to one model so i do not know why the the DX 18 would be any different.

Thanks
    Chatty.
    No I don't think it is possible to do that. The whole point of binding is so only one transmitter model choice controls one model. Why the hell woiuld you need 2 receivers when you have an 18 channel setup?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sieze2

to be used in one model.

Thanks
    Chatty.
    No I don't think it is possible to do that. The whole point of binding is so only one transmitter model choice controls one model. Why the hell woiuld you need 2 receivers when you have an 18 channel setup?
    It is quite possible to do it provided both receivers have the same specs. Bind to one first, turn it off, and bind to the second. You will run into problems if the DSMX/DSM2 mode, 1024/2048 bit resolution, or 11/22 ms frame rates are different between the two Rx's.

The main reason to do it is for redundancy. On a large expensive model with split elevator you can put one aileron and the opposite elevator on one Rx, and the remaining elevator/aileron on the other. Divide the other channels up as well.... gives you a good chance of success if one Rx. fails.

Remember, in binding you are mainly telling the Rx what binding (GUI) code to look for from the transmitter. The info. the Tx gets from the Rx relates only to the mode, bit resolution, and frame rate as above. Rx's don't have a GUI code.

I have successfully done this multiple times with a DX18. Currently I have a 100cc Yak with two AR8000 Rx's, both working perfectly.

Stacey E. (Chuck) Mills
    Charlottesville, VA.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its for a friend of mine who flys giant 200cc airplanes. He uses the PB royal with 2 Rxs and need to Bind 2 Rxs to use this system. My 12X too has model match and its no problem binding 2 Rxs there.

Chatty.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: w4sm

ORIGINAL: sieze2

to be used in one model.

Thanks
    Chatty.
    It is quite possible to do it provided both receivers have the same specs. Bind to one first, turn it off, and bind to the second. You will run into problems if the DSMX/DSM2 mode, 1024/2048 bit resolution, or 11/22 ms frame rates are different between the two Rx's.

The main reason to do it is for redundancy. On a large expensive model with split elevator you can put one aileron and the opposite elevator on one Rx, and the remaining elevator/aileron on the other. Divide the other channels up as well.... gives you a good chance of success if one Rx. fails.

Remember, in binding you are mainly telling the Rx what binding (GUI) code to look for from the transmitter. The info. the Tx gets from the Rx relates only to the mode, bit resolution, and frame rate as above. Rx's don't have a GUI code.

I have successfully done this multiple times with a DX18. Currently I have a 100cc Yak with two AR8000 Rx's, both working perfectly.

w4sm.

My friend just tried the same thing you suggested. He did bind one Rx first, switched it off then did bind the 2nd Rx. He still was not successful in binding both, the one he binds last works while the one which he binds first looses the bind and no lights illuminate on the 1st Rx.
    Anything you think he is doing wrong or need to change some Tx settings

Thanks
    Chatty.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My friend just tried the same thing you suggested. He did bind one Rx first, switched it off then did bind the 2nd Rx. He still was not successful in binding both, the one he binds last works while the one which he binds first looses the bind and no lights illuminate on the 1st Rx.
    Anything you think he is doing wrong or need to change some Tx settings

Thanks
    Chatty.
    Both receivers should be exactly the same. There are exceptions to that rule, but problems can easily arise if there are differences.
    During binding check the readout on the DX-18. Does it say DSMX or DSM2, 11 ms or 22 ms? Is it the same for both Rx's?

Stacey E. (Chuck) Mills
    Charlottesville, VA.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks w4sm,

Will send this information to my friend.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Goose. I'm fixed.

Mr G
    Mr G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not sure you can bind 2 dsmx rx. Definitely can bind 2 dsm2 tho. Lock the dx18 into dsm2 and bind rx at same time. See if that works
    Goose

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast