Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Spektrum DX18

Im not so sure I would want to go the system menu with a double button push IF... it stops transmitting... remember when the system menu is up, its not transmitting.... however if you hit the back/clear from the normal menu to switch models, it keeps transmitting... I wouldn't want to have a switch combo that could cause me to kill it, other than hitting the power switch.. I use the Back button as a trainer button..
    Goose
    Wren Turbines USA, Fromeco Avionics, JetiUSA Flight Team, www.Espritmodel.com www.demonaero.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Kevin

Would you be a little more specific about how you cut down the insert? Maybe even a photo of two TX's in the case? I have the 18 and an 8 I carry to the field for buddy box purposes. It would be nice to carry them in one box.

Thanks

Mr G
    Mr G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have one too.. you measure the case and trim off about 1/2 inch from all 4 sides with a flat saw or band saw.. then 45 degree the bottom corners..
    Goose
    Wren Turbines USA, Fromeco Avionics, JetiUSA Flight Team, www.Espritmodel.com www.demonaero.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i took the stock foam insert out and measured it against the double insert. i then cut it with a zona saw. i did not cut all 4 sides. i positioned it so i would only have to cut two sides, and then some corner trim to get it to fit perfectly.here is a cell phone pic of my dx18 and dx8 in the case. my futaba 12fg also fits in the insert slots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ge95755.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	1821415  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...am-set-SPM6712

This is a direct replacement for the single tx foam, no cutting required
    Team Horizon Hobby
    Wren Turbines USA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info Sean but I'm gonna wait for the "QQ" version to come out.[

Wait till all the ones bought the insert that had to be cut down. I see another class action law suit on the Horizon
    Bob-O
    I Crashed All My Planes, Can I Fly Yours

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

QQ version comes with double tx foam in the case! You'll have a case for both of your 18's
    Team Horizon Hobby
    Wren Turbines USA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, that makes it easy. wasnt available when i was looking for a dual insert for my spektrum case...

ORIGINAL: saddler

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...am-set-SPM6712

This is a direct replacement for the single tx foam, no cutting required

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I will wait for the DX18 RP jet edition... (Ribbe/Payne)

QQ version comes with double tx foam in the case! You'll have a case for both of your 18's

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kevin

I will wait for the DX18 RP jet edition... (Ribbe/Payne)

Now that's funny.
    Bob-O

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Guys. Since I'm genearlly lazy, I'll take the easy way out and get the pre-cut version. :-)

Mr G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just ordered one, thanks Sean. Not gonna wait for the RP jet version.
    Bob-O

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys I loving the DX18 also but for some reason I can get it to bind to the TM1000 Telemetry on the Spektrum AR12020. I can bind it like others with the TM1000 plug in to the date/bind plug and everything blinks until binding. The receiver binds but not the tm1000. In fact the yellow keeps blinking but not as strong. I have also tried a couple of other tm1000 out of already flying birds. I can get the dx18 to bind with the tm1000 on my AR9000 and the AR9020. Tried just about everything I could find. I thought before I call the guys at Horizon some here would tell me the how.

Thanks for the replies,

Jeff
    Jeff Stubbs
    Salem, VA.
    RVRC

GJC, Skymaster, Skygate, Kingtech, Ram, Spektrum

Been there, Done that, bought the tee shirt

Paid why too much for it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jws_aces

Hey guys I loving the DX18 also but for some reason I can get it to bind to the TM1000 Telemetry on the Spektrum AR12020. I can bind it like others with the TM1000 plug in to the date/bind plug and everything blinks until binding. The receiver binds but not the tm1000. In fact the yellow keeps blinking but not as strong. I have also tried a couple of other tm1000 out of already flying birds. I can get the dx18 to bind with the tm1000 on my AR9000 and the AR9020. Tried just about everything I could find. I thought before I call the guys at Horizon some here would tell me the how.

Thanks for the replies,

Jeff

That's strange. I'd contact Spektrum directly, since I'm sure you are doing it right.

With that said... I know, not all of the Rx's are "The same". I have a JR 9303 (non "X") and it will bind to almost all of the newer DSMX Rx's. (as it should) But... I have 2 new 9020 with X-plus, that it doesn't like. It will bind... but it will continually flash. HH said it was a problem with the 9303... but since it works fine with NON -X-PLUS Rx's... Id's say the issue is with the Rx, and that they have changed things... and in doing so... they aren't 100% backward compatible.

To me, its not a big deal, since it's an old radio, and I have other Rx's. BUT... the new 12020 should work with all the new stuff.

Hey... just for giggles... put your Tx in DSM2 mode, and see if it will bind.
    Tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, go to the horizon site . Special binding by using an additional battery into the tm1000. ( look for the special binding info.)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is on the Fail Safe receivers. The AR12020 is not. I have a JR1222x in a Hawk I purchase. I have it setup and couldn't get to bind to the TM1000 also. Called Horizon and was told to refer to that instruction. I have not had time to try it. I will post once I try it.

Jeff Stubbs
    Salem, VA.
    RVRC

GJC, Skymaster, Skygate, Kingtech, Ram, Spektrum

Been there, Done that, bought the tee shirt

Paid why too much for it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can anyone please tel me where to get the info to set up this transmitter for a turbine application?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: luvthestang

Can anyone please tel me where to get the info to set up this transmitter for a turbine application?
    Can you be a bit more specific about what you want to know? General Jet things, turbine specific stuff like JetCat ECU Failsafe / learn RC,
    turbine shutdown with a digital trim?

Wayne

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wayne,
    Good call. Sorry ... I am looking for the info to assist with the digital throttle trim.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wayne,
    Good call. Sorry ... I am looking for the info to assist with the digital throttle trim.

There really isn't anything to know. Same as a mechanical trim. all the way up... it will run... and all the way down, it will turn off.

With that said... there is a backdoor way to make a 3 step trim work on the regular DX18. But, last time I posted about it... some people "Poo-Poo'ed" me.

*****EDIT*****

Here's how to do it. Just look part way down the first page, and you will see my post.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11..._1/key_/tm.htm
    Tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A few of the DX-18 setups I've seen have the throttle trim function moved to the analog slider on the side of the case next to the throttle stick of the case to give the "analog trim experience".

It's a nice feature of the JR systems that Spektrum and Futaba apparently did not think of.

Many Futaba 14MZ/18MZ flyers (myself included) use the slider to the left of the throttle stick as the throttle trim for the same reason.

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wayne,
    As Dr Honda already said, he posted instructions to have the regular DX18 behave the same as a DX18QQ, which has a 3 step
    throttle trim especially configured for turbine operation. As I recall this involved exporting your model memory to the DX18s SD card,
    editing the .SPM file on your PC to change throttle trim index=0 trim clicks to 1 and trim steps to 255, saving the file and importing it
    back into your DX18, but don't tell anyone I said that [:'(] Another alternative is to go into the trim menu and select the Left Lever
    to control throttle trim. You can then use the left lever the same as you always did with an analog throttle trim. Simply slide it all the
    way forward for the turbines idle position and slide it all the way back to shutdown. That is the option I ultimately settled on. Since I
    also often fly giant scale gas airplane and they all have an ignition kill installed, I'm using the left lever for the ignition kill on my gas
    airplanes and also for throttle trim on my jets. Now, no matter what I'm flying, if I move the left lever to full low, the engine or turbine shuts down.

Wayne

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dr. Honda,
    Thanks that is what I AM looking for. I did also speak to the Horizon guru's and they told me that the QQ had that option not the standard 18. I have bot and have copied programs from my QQ to the standard via the card and it keeps all if the functionality of the QQ. I think I will try this first to see if it works.
    Best,
    D

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

for bind ar12120 and tm1000 we must bind them separatly
    www.jetflydemoteam.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bit dissapointed that the trainer option only allows 8 channels to the slave tx!
    A friend of mine wanted a flight with my flash and its his first flight with a turbine, I fly mode 2 he is mode 1, so we decided to buddy up both have dx18 so I copied the model over to his 18 but when we tried it only allows 8 chanels!!! Need 9 minimum very dissapointed

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast