Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Spektrum DX18

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Spektrum DX18

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Duncan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX18

Well said Andrew. I think at times people forget that they are just toys and take the hobby far too seriously
Old 02-07-2012, 11:14 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There have been two world wars and many other fracas's to protect our right to freedom of speech, but the way RCU Jet Forum has gone recently, if it disagrees with anyone's opinions they are lambasted told they are arrogant and generally given a hard time right up till they are banned from the Forum, then there is a general character assassination until everyone feels good with themselves, I would suggest guys that we all need to take time out and re-assess our motives and objectives.

If someone's post gets up your nose, take time out before you answer and consider if you where the recipient of your post how would you respond.

And yes I know I am guilty as well, but this is getting out of hand.

Mike
Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 AM
jetster81

Exactly Mike, plus one from me.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:34 AM
fly24-7

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

ORIGINAL: fly24-7

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

you can have 5 of them for in price of a futaba 18mz, makes the futaba price even more ridiculous
But what good is CHEEP if it keeps crashing airplanes lke the 5-6 and 7 models?
I've got a 5-year-old DX7 and have never had a crash that was due to a radio problem. I must have the ONLY 5, 6 or 7 channel Spekrtum that doesn't cause crashes? AWESOME!!! It'll be worth a few extra bucks when I go to sell it on ebay some day...
It's your choice to use Old Technology. Given the choice to UPGRADE to a better system Y Not ... U dumped 72 Mhz for 4.2. Y not Hopping?
72 Mhz worked just fine. It's like Model match If U need a crutch to make sure U are flying the correct plane maybe we should go back to 1 Radio for each plane too. The more Fool Proof they try to make things the more Fools we become. Pretty soon people will just stop thinking all together. Bad enough that people for get to hook up ailerons, charge batteries or just do stupid things and crash.
Whats that saying ''U just can't fix STUPID''.
I tend to operate under the premise that if it's not broken don't fix it.

I belong to a club with 235 members. Most all fly 2.4 and by and large it's split down the middle between Futaba and JR/Spektrum. Some of these guys fly in large events like Joe Nall, Warbirds Over Delaware, NATS and XFC. Our guys have never experience systemic failures as you've described. With that said, I'm not ready to share your view that JR/Spektrum technology is junk.

Good luck with your evangelical efforts to get everyone to use other brands of radio equipment....
Old 02-07-2012, 01:53 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew ... It's just Human nature for people to want to convince them selves and others that what they have spent their money on is the best for the price. It's just the old Chevy vs. Ford Debate 99% of the time. You have to accept that what you buy today goes out of prominence rather quickly and is replaced by more often than not, Some thing Better. Really no one cares what anyone else buys or why ... it's Just so they can believe their choice is better than someone else .
Old 02-07-2012, 02:12 PM
LittleBob
Banned

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

There have been two world wars and many other fracas's to protect our right to freedom of speech, but the way RCU Jet Forum has gone recently, if it disagrees with anyone's opinions they are lambasted told they are arrogant and generally given a hard time right up till they are banned from the Forum, then there is a general character assassination until everyone feels good with themselves, I would suggest guys that we all need to take time out and re-assess our motives and objectives.

If someone's post gets up your nose, take time out before you answer and consider if you where the recipient of your post how would you respond.

And yes I know I am guilty as well, but this is getting out of hand.

Mike
Very well said. We should all try and enjoy the hobby we all love
Old 02-07-2012, 02:22 PM
LittleBob
Banned

The best thing about all the different radio systems is that it provides choice and choice drives competition which in turn drives improvements which we all benefit from. Use the system you prefere and let others use the system they prefer. For me I feel that the new DX18 looks a very nice radio at a good price on a good system and it allows you to use both your older DSM 2 gear andalso you newer DSMX gear.

I look forward with interest in holding one of these radios and seeing what it can do
Old 02-07-2012, 02:52 PM
John Tancock

I must point out that I know Duncan quite well, and our banter is that of young children (my Dads bigger than your Dad), it is fun and allows us all to escape normal life every now and then!
Duncan's comment regarding Dennis and his ban, was light hearted and inoffensive (and quite funny)! The truth is 2K for a radio is too expensive really, and Spectrum's attempt to produce a first class product, is very convincing! If you all notice that when we are pulling products apart, it's amazing how much info is found before these new items are even launched!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

John
Old 02-07-2012, 03:06 PM
HoundDog

ORIGINAL: John Tancock

I must point out that I know Duncan quite well, and our banter is that of young children (my Dads bigger than your Dad), it is fun and allows us all to escape normal life every now and then!
Duncan's comment regarding Dennis and his ban, was light hearted and inoffensive (and quite funny)! The truth is 2K for a radio is too expensive really, and Spectrum's attempt to produce a first class product, is very convincing! If you all notice that when we are pulling products apart, it's amazing how much info is found before these new items are even launched!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

John
What about the long anticipated XPS 18 or so channel that does every thing from full Telemetary to flipping your Flap Jacks for ya all at $249 for the radio suposedly comming out in April 2012 ... Any Speculation on it?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:17 PM
John Tancock

It will probably be up there with the rest of them don't you think Hound Dog?
Old 02-07-2012, 05:15 PM
HoundDog

It will probably be up there with the rest of them don't you think Hound Dog?
Don't know, there have been a lot of promises over the years ... think I'l believe it when I see It. Sounds great if it happens.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Greenfuelboy
My Feedback: (60)

I must have been asleep and missed this radio some how. So I will say let the price wars begin. I am looking for a new radio and with all the name brands out there this one is looking very nice. I can buy two and use one for a buddy box for the price of a Futaba 18mz. I would have money to buy a plane and extra receivers too. What a great deal.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Duncan

Regards

John
No he isn't LOL

The typed word always gets interpreted by different people in different ways. Unless you actually know someone, its almost impossible to take a post in the context it was meant. I try to read every post like the ones in the previous pages as light hearted banter, afterall if you always think every post has an alterior motive then it can't be a very enjoyable experience belonging to any forum, not just this one. Lately especially since 'Dennisgate' everyone seems to be on the defensive all the time, which i can only put down to winter blues. Lets remember that we partake in this hobby for the enjoyment of it, some to relax and others to get away from the grind of day to day life.

cheers

Duncan
Old 02-08-2012, 02:13 AM
TheScarletPimple
Banned

Regards

John
John

I am very aware of Duncs comment and I know it was made in good humour. I also like the DX18 and could not see myself paying over £2K for a radio. But £7-800 is ok with me

Scarlet
Old 02-08-2012, 02:14 AM
TheScarletPimple
Banned

ORIGINAL: Duncan

Regards

John
No he isn't LOL

The typed word always gets interpreted by different people in different ways. Unless you actually know someone, its almost impossible to take a post in the context it was meant. I try to read every post like the ones in the previous pages as light hearted banter, afterall if you always think every post has an alterior motive then it can't be a very enjoyable experience belonging to any forum, not just this one. Lately especially since 'Dennisgate' everyone seems to be on the defensive all the time, which i can only put down to winter blues. Lets remember that we partake in this hobby for the enjoyment of it, some to relax and others to get away from the grind of day to day life.

cheers

Duncan
Very well said. You need to make a sticker saying that. I will put it on my planes

Scarlet
Old 02-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Couch Potato

18 channels my arse !
Old 02-08-2012, 06:14 AM
HoundDog

Lately especially since 'Dennisgate' everyone seems to be on the defensive all the time, which i can only put down to winter blues

cheers

Duncan
[/quote]Winter BLUES ? What a little rain and maybe some wind now and then.
Try the Northern half of the US of A . U guys there in the UK don't really have winter DO U? Of course this year has been exceptinal for the Northern US. Mostly above normal Temps and Lack of Snow. But then I spend 6 months in Wisconsin and 6 months in Sunny Arizona ... Good Luck with your winter BLUES.
Cheers that's an Old American TV (Telly) show. Ain't it?

Old 02-12-2012, 11:19 PM
LittleBob
Banned

Down to £560.00 already now that is good

http://alshobbies.com/shop/lookupstock.php?pc=48971
Old 02-12-2012, 11:32 PM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Yeah, I was surprised by that. Thought it was going to be £700...but will that be the lowest I wonder?
Old 02-12-2012, 11:36 PM
LittleBob
Banned

ORIGINAL: DominicM

Yeah, I was surprised by that. Thought it was going to be £700...but will that be the lowest I wonder?
And it includes the receiver and an SD card. Sort of makes the radio alone about £440
Old 02-12-2012, 11:42 PM
LittleBob
Banned

I assume it has a backlit screen because it does not say that anywhere
Old 02-13-2012, 01:23 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It states quite clearly in the ad re backlight!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:00 AM
Couch Potato

ORIGINAL: LittleBob

Down to £560.00 already now that is good

http://alshobbies.com/shop/lookupstock.php?pc=48971
Wow, 18 channels AND telemetry for £560.
Would go nice with a new "RIPMAX" Hunter.

must...put....credit....cards....in.....shredder.. .....
Old 02-13-2012, 02:01 AM
Duncan

ORIGINAL: DominicM

Not many shops have the foresight to bring us the best prices Dom, i can't see many others getting down to £560.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:40 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

This is as close to my "Dream Tx" as it'll ever get ! WOW!

I went to Hitec Module on my MX22, but this one could bring me back to the Dark Side

How is the DSMX track record so far?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.