Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

P 100 RX Acceleration

I have just recieved my ECU back from JetCat, and the new screen says S for the latest mapping. This is to allow a faster acceleration. I immediately placed it in my Bandit, and fired it up. Yes im smiling, as it has made a difference notably in a more rapid response to throttle input. I might add that i had attempted to fix the problem by upping the Low throttle acceleration, and the High throttle acceleration from Normal to Fast. This had resulted in a very rough acceleration. Now that i have it back i made several starts, and there are no issues. NICE
    John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: P 100 RX Acceleration

John

Yes, its also been done for the P-20X for those that want it. We have sent the first of the P-100RX ECU's back for UK people wanting faster acceleration and we are ordering a "floating" ECU so we can swap out units with customers, so they don't get a delay in flying while theirs goes back.

Dw
    Motors & Rotors. JetCat, Powerbox, Intairco, Behotec, Graupner. CARF-models Rep. JR Propo for ever!, Jet 1A, MAP, Evojet, BVM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A really good and considerate idea Dave, because i know how anxious i was waiting for the return of the ECU.
    Are you using FAST on both the Low, as well as the High throttle settings? As i notice the LOW still has a little roughness in acceleration that is missing when Low throttle is set on NORMAL.
    Before the change to S on the ECU the Fast setting in LOW throttle produced huge sputtering and flames.
    John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi john.

I have my ECU at Jetcat for upgrade, as we speak. Just wondering if you have the fast setting on your ECU on both low and high throttle?

Regards Daniel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good question, since it did make a difference.
    Low throttle - Normal, Fast
    High throttle - Slow, Normal, Fast.

I had tried Fast - Fast before sending it in, and didnt notice a big difference in acceleration, but it grumbled a lot with spitting flames and then a flame out with fire.
    Low Fast - High Normal had the same scenario. Had an extinguisher ready.
    Low Normal - High Fast, and it worked ok, as before, possibly a little quicker on acceleration, but hoping for more.

New ECU last night and tried it without any challenges in regards to flames or big stuttering, but a few little stutters. Only a few minor stutters now with FAST - FAST. No stutters with the Low throttle at normal, High throttle at FAST. I believe i will keep it FAST - FAST for now.

I took iPhone video of the throttle response, but am not skilled in the way of editing, and placing the video. Maybe someone else can do that. It is noticeably faster, and am pleased with the benefit, and with the engine in general. Perfect for my Bandit.
    John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

John

I run Normal on low and fast on high...but I always move throttle stick slowly on all my jets! Never get flustered turbines with my flying style. I think a long way ahead about throttle need and rarely throttle back more than 1/3 during flight.

Dave
    Motors & Rotors. JetCat, Powerbox, Intairco, Behotec, Graupner. CARF-models Rep. JR Propo for ever!, Jet 1A, MAP, Evojet, BVM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you Dave,
    I now know the wisdom of what you said and how you said it. And i believe that will be my goal in throttle management.

I also found out that if you hold down the manual button on the GSU when you turn on, then keep it pressed as the engine after it goes through its initial runs up, then keep the button held -move the throttle to full power slowly, then back down. You will see on the GSU a signal that momentarily will say something like "Throttle parameters set". Then let loose of the MANUAL button. After which you will see the fastest -smoothest - throttle response and best running engine. Im not sure if you have to do this if every time you fly, every time you reconnect the ECU battery. Maybe if you keep the ECU powered, then once a day, it seems to re-set the throttle parameters. Maybe when i fly it next i will see a before and after to see if it makes any difference, if i re-do the throttle maneuver.
    John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

John,

Are you sure it didn't say "Pump parameters stored"?

Rgds
    Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

John,
    The only "fix" is to send the ecu to Wicox and let him update the software. What you are doing with that procedure is calibrating the pump voltage to the desired rpm ...right up to max power. It has nothing to do with throttle response.
    Vin...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mark,
    It could have said that, in fact, it was just a flash of relevant words that confirmed what i was doing.

Vincent,
    I had sent it in, and had it come back. It had worked better, then back to its old ways. That is why i went through the process. Today i was hoping to get away with the low throttle FAST ACCELERATION and had some trouble. So tried the slow throttle with MANUAL depressed. Well, i learned how little i know about these engines. Big fire balls. So i went back to NORMAL on Low throttle, and flew four flights with no further issues. I guess it just doesnt like FAST. I love the engine, and it is fast enough. Just like anything - if a little is good, more is better, at least we can try. I just wish i had video and sound. But i went to the extinguisher. But didnt have to use it
    John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I recieved my ECU 2 days ago, now says 10.1s.
    Fired it up in the bench whit low throttle - FAST, high throttle- FAST settings.

As Austin powers says; **** me that was fast
    Noticeable faster response, no sputtering.

Regards Daniel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I still have some issues, with grumbling acceleration, and balking. But if i do one slow to full throttle, then it seems ok for the rest of the flight.
    I beleive that th low throttle should be on Normal, and not Fast. David has said the same, and it seems to be best that way. Any other input?
    John