Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

would these questions alarm you?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

would these questions alarm you?

Old 02-21-2012, 04:01 PM
BobbyMcGee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: would these questions alarm you?

Who you sell to, is up to you. What they do or don't do, is out of your concern or control. Moreso, I doubt this person is serious about buying it, nor do they have the money. I think its just a dumb-ass asking a dumb-ass question.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:56 PM
DeferredDefect

It definitely sounds like someone who probably doesn't have enough experience to be flying a jet, but the FBI? Really?

You guys know better than anyone else - what are the questions that non-modellers first ask about our hobby?

"How fast does it go?"

"What kind of range does the radio get?" (Still find a lot of guys impressed by the "Farther than you can see" response")

and the ever popular:

"Can I load it up with a gun/bomb rack/rocket launcher"

I know for a fact one of the first thing I asked when buying my Kadet Senior for my first plane was how much it could carry after looking at the cavernous fuselage; And you know what? The first thing I did with it after getting my wings was turn it into a camera plane - it worked great!

Now, I can understand it would be fine if the buyer demands the jet be shipped in a box labeled "Fertilized Ostrich Eggs" or asks if it is compatible with black market brand RPG's, but asking for specifications on an expensive model aircraft -  Must be a terrorist ! [/b] 

If I was selling a used model jet, I would be far more concerned about the guy who asks no questions at all. 

Old 02-22-2012, 02:21 AM
Lightspeed1551
My Feedback: (4)

I think, given what has already happened in the news, all of us need to treat those kind of questions as100% genuine threats. That's my opinion as a R/C pilot and as an OIF Vet.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:28 AM
tl671
My Feedback: (1)

But Graeme, the fact you are missing is that the government of the U.S.A. is/has been trying to turn every citizen into either a criminal, or a snitch. Our FBI has been going around to businesses across the country passing out flyers with certain questions/actions to be on the lookout for. Like the insidious paying with cash, or asking questions about a new found hobby, buying large quantities of model engine fuel, demonstrating unusual interest in remote-controlled aircraft. And this is just from the one flyer, they have a complete series covering a vast array of businesses that should be on the lookout.

This is the hobby flyer: http://info.publicintelligence.net/F...obby_Shops.pdf

Here is the complete list of flyers they are distributing: http://publicintelligence.net/fbi-su...orting-flyers/
Old 02-22-2012, 06:46 AM
CAPT. DAN
My Feedback: (64)

I'm not a jet pilot, just an AMA member. I wonder if this is not the questions of a reporter for some news outlet looking to senstionalize headlines about our sport in general and jets in particular.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:12 PM
rjbob
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ddennison

I like the idea of selling Buddy Box flights although it would take a lot of flying to catch up...

Dave
Not at $18,000.00/hour
Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 PM
tl671
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: rjbob

ORIGINAL: ddennison

I like the idea of selling Buddy Box flights although it would take a lot of flying to catch up...

Dave
Not at $18,000.00/hour
Buy 4 hours, get the fifth one free.