Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: would these questions alarm you?

Who you sell to, is up to you. What they do or don't do, is out of your concern or control. Moreso, I doubt this person is serious about buying it, nor do they have the money. I think its just a dumb-ass asking a dumb-ass question.
    Sincerity ... Once you are able to fake that, there will be no stopping you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It definitely sounds like someone who probably doesn't have enough experience to be flying a jet, but the FBI? Really?

You guys know better than anyone else - what are the questions that non-modellers first ask about our hobby?

"How fast does it go?"

"What kind of range does the radio get?" (Still find a lot of guys impressed by the "Farther than you can see" response")

and the ever popular:

"Can I load it up with a gun/bomb rack/rocket launcher"

I know for a fact one of the first thing I asked when buying my Kadet Senior for my first plane was how much it could carry after looking at the cavernous fuselage; And you know what? The first thing I did with it after getting my wings was turn it into a camera plane - it worked great!

Now, I can understand it would be fine if the buyer demands the jet be shipped in a box labeled "Fertilized Ostrich Eggs" or asks if it is compatible with black market brand RPG's, but asking for specifications on an expensive model aircraft -  Must be a terrorist ! [/b] 

If I was selling a used model jet, I would be far more concerned about the guy who asks no questions at all. 

"Any landing you can walk away from probably wasn't that exciting to watch"
    Sig Kadet Brotherhood #8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think, given what has already happened in the news, all of us need to treat those kind of questions as100% genuine threats. That's my opinion as a R/C pilot and as an OIF Vet.
    Listen!!! Do you smell something?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

But Graeme, the fact you are missing is that the government of the U.S.A. is/has been trying to turn every citizen into either a criminal, or a snitch. Our FBI has been going around to businesses across the country passing out flyers with certain questions/actions to be on the lookout for. Like the insidious paying with cash, or asking questions about a new found hobby, buying large quantities of model engine fuel, demonstrating unusual interest in remote-controlled aircraft. And this is just from the one flyer, they have a complete series covering a vast array of businesses that should be on the lookout.

This is the hobby flyer: http://info.publicintelligence.net/F...obby_Shops.pdf

Here is the complete list of flyers they are distributing: http://publicintelligence.net/fbi-su...orting-flyers/
    There's one way to find out if a man is honest - ask him. If he says "Yes", you know he's a crook. Groucho Marx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not a jet pilot, just an AMA member. I wonder if this is not the questions of a reporter for some news outlet looking to senstionalize headlines about our sport in general and jets in particular.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ddennison

I like the idea of selling Buddy Box flights although it would take a lot of flying to catch up...

Dave
    Not at $18,000.00/hour
    Alaska Bob - "Can I fly one of your jets? I crashed all of mine."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rjbob

ORIGINAL: ddennison

I like the idea of selling Buddy Box flights although it would take a lot of flying to catch up...

Dave
    Not at $18,000.00/hour
    Buy 4 hours, get the fifth one free.
    There's one way to find out if a man is honest - ask him. If he says "Yes", you know he's a crook. Groucho Marx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12