Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet World Masters 2013

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet World Masters 2013

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 AM
argyris

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Sp...ch/AirComplete
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1000
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1914805   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	928
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1914806  
Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbulence
I have searched for those magic photos online for the last 20 minutes and I can't find them, so if anyone bumps into them, please post the link.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...m-italy-2.html

post 44#
Old 08-30-2013, 09:25 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings
My question is, how come the russians were able to see what trained judge werent? Someone led to this information........inside job? Mutany?
It's a good thing the Russians were in second place and couldn't stand losing lol
Old 08-30-2013, 09:36 AM
RickBoyer
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations to David Ribbe for once again representing the USA with another outstanding MiG-15bis jet model aircraft. This one looks much larger than his earlier version and Dave crafted it to perfection! Dave spent years on the MiG’s design, engineering and construction, and he flies it so smooth!

Make us proud Team USA!!

Rick Boyer

Top Gun 2004-2013
Pitts Special S-1S (#1)
Ryan STA
Pitts Special S-1S (#2)
MiG-15bis
Old 08-30-2013, 10:07 AM
HeavyMo

What a shame to see all this
And now the russian documentation is also investigated ?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:14 AM
argyris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMHp3mI1-w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ERedCoNzlc
Old 08-30-2013, 10:20 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

oh the drama!

Seriously, does anyone know how online documentation is handled? I assume in the days before the internet you had to have "published" picture ("Publish" in its old meaning). How do they handle the internet now? Just hit print? Obviously, if your source is a wiki page uploaded 6 days before the competition, you might be in for a bit of scrutiny! But what about other web pages and the like? Flicker?

Second, if memory serves, to get the highest static at the World Masters, you really need to have access to the full size plane, as you need pictures for proof of outline, NOT line drawings? If that is correct, it seems to me that if you are going to complete at this level, don't even bother if you can get to the actual plane and somehow get a picture of the top and bottom of it. Very hard to get those shots.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:26 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

THE LATEST VIDEO WITH ONE INTERESTING INTERVIEW AT THE END WITH GIANLUCA DI MARCHI AND ΤΗΕ AMAZING FIAT G91!
Ah, that'll be called digging your hole even deeper
Old 08-30-2013, 10:44 AM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_matt

Second, if memory serves, to get the highest static at the World Masters, you really need to have access to the full size plane, as you need pictures for proof of outline, NOT line drawings? If that is correct, it seems to me that if you are going to complete at this level, don't even bother if you can get to the actual plane and somehow get a picture of the top and bottom of it. Very hard to get those shots.
Maybe then Frank T is right, and 3views (plans) are the right way to judge.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:53 AM
siclick33

From what we know so far, does the lady in the video have a point?

From the IJMC rules:

(d) The CD shall ensure that the Tribunal reaches a decision within 12 hours of any protest being
made, and before any final results are released, or prize giving commences.

(h) The Arbitration Tribunal’s decision is final, and cannot be appealed against.

We heard news that the protest had been rejected, hence cased closed in accordance with the IJMC rules. Did Vitaly then come forwards with new information? If so, is that not a breach of rule (h)? If not initiated by Vitaly, why was further clarification sought after the protest had been rejected? The decision then appears to have been overturned after the 12 hour limit. Is that not a breach of rule (d).

I'm sure there must have been more going on as, from what we know so far, it looks to me like the IJMC have broken their own rules. Did Vitaly get his protest fee back?

This is a fairly horrendous situation and I don't know what the correct answer is but it's not good for anyone involved. Maybe the super competetiveness is one of the reasons there aren't more UK pilots; is it not supposed to be a fun hobby?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:56 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by JackD
Maybe then Frank T is right, and 3views (plans) are the right way to judge.

Maybe, but how often do you find a set of 3-views that are accurate? From my research, not very. But that is probly the reason for the comment "it doesnt matter how wrong it is, as long as it matchs the 3-views".
Old 08-30-2013, 10:59 AM
dribbe

In a way the Italians have already won by getting high static over the Yak!
oh the drama!

Seriously, does anyone know how online documentation is handled? I assume in the days before the internet you had to have "published" picture ("Publish" in its old meaning). How do they handle the internet now? Just hit print? Obviously, if your source is a wiki page uploaded 6 days before the competition, you might be in for a bit of scrutiny! But what about other web pages and the like? Flicker?

Pretty much correct what you said. Many competitors do very well with less than perfect documentation (photo angles a bit off, etc). But if you want top five, you likely need access to or great coverage of the subject aircraft.

David
Old 08-30-2013, 12:25 PM
rcjets_63

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbulence
I have searched for those magic photos online for the last 20 minutes and I can't find them, so if anyone bumps into them, please post the link.
The photos of the grey G91 were suddenly removed from Wikipedia during the investigation. However, the Russians, US, and many other teams had already downloaded the photos before they were removed from the website.

The photos allegedly used in Dayton are still on Wikipedia. Go to:

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_G.91

There appear to be many problems with these photos too. For instance, in the rear view, the nose wheel doesn't appear to be touching the ground. None of the tires seem deformed as they would be due to the weight of the aircraft. If you increase the brightness of the photo, you can look up the tailpipe and see the turbine. In the front view, the shadows appear quite wrong. In the bottom view, the right inner gear door is slightly open, not to mention that this is a high resolution digital photo and the Frecce Tricoloree stopped flying G91 aircraft before the digital camera was invented. In the front view, the inlet duct cover appears to match the cover fitted to the grey model right down to the tooling mark on the handle and the irregular foam filled gap at the edge. The photos also do not appear to match features of all G91 aircraft we have found, such as the shape and thickness of the inlet, the lack of panel lines at the base of the inlet, the incorrect fuselage break line, the thickness of the horizontal stab, etc, etc, etc.

The entire situation is very unfortunate. The Swiss did a magnificent job hosting the JWM and the competitors seem pleased that the situation has been resolved by the IJMC and we can get back to flying.

Regards,

Jim
Old 08-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jim,

You can clearly tell on that picture that it is a model, you are right, the wheels are not even touching the floor ALSO, if you look close, there appears to be an MB-339 in the shade. I am only going by the wingtanks that you can see in the Freece Colors. You can also see all three wheels of the other plane.

Last edited by Turbulence; 08-30-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

The back ground is a sim computer one?
Old 08-30-2013, 01:05 PM
impulse09
My Feedback: (3)

The best one was the flight photo with no pilot. Epic fail.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:25 PM
jo7

Default No words

See here what happened this afternoon: http://www.telesys.ch/thumbnails.php?album=596

Hermann

Probably it was the wrong air show.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JetWM 2013-AK3A1233-11.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1914833  
Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

A song by Beck comes to mind.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:59 PM
argyris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W4DS8Eag_4
Old 08-30-2013, 02:44 PM
GerKonig

Maybe the Russians realized immediately what the Italians had done because they hade done the same thing the prior year, but got away with it....

Gerry
Old 08-30-2013, 09:11 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GerKonig
Maybe the Russians realized immediately what the Italians had done because they hade done the same thing the prior year, but got away with it....

Gerry
What an totally naive and idiotic comment comming from the peanut gallery.

---------------------------

Again my apologies to Gerry. I misread his comment to read that the Russian team did the same thing. I was very tired when I read this at the first time. Cheers! Andy

Last edited by AndyAndrews; 09-04-2013 at 02:08 AM. Reason: misread OP's remarks
Old 08-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No disrespect Andy, but did you understand the comment? What I got from it was that, GIANLUCA had done the same in Ohio and the proof is still out there and the Russians knew that and when GIANLUCA did it again, they called him out on it? Did I read into it wrong?

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
What an totally naive and idiotic comment comming from the peanut gallery.

Last edited by Turbulence; 08-30-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:54 PM
rcjets_63

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Gerry,

Andy is here standing beside me at Meiringen. He misunderstood your comment and apologizes.

Regards,

Jim
Old 08-31-2013, 01:45 AM
Kirill

And what about the professionalism of judges who were looking at the pictures after photoshop and have not seen anything, or seen but didn't say anything ? In Spain they looked so too?

Last edited by Kirill; 08-31-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:34 AM
argyris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHxlohW8nw8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TUS35BO1QU

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.