Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Reds in decline.

Sadly looks like recent events are taking their toll, I do hope this is not the beginning of the end.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-two-pals.html

Rob.
    UK distributor: Jets Munt Merlin 90, 140 & 160. Jet Central UK. FADEC ECU\'\'\'\'s UK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Reds in decline.

The article says (and implys) more about that pilot than it does the team itself...

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They are also cutting back on the number of jets to 7 so no more diamond 9 formation []

Rob.
    UK distributor: Jets Munt Merlin 90, 140 & 160. Jet Central UK. FADEC ECU\'\'\'\'s UK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Saying they are in decline because they made the wise and prudent decision to ground a pilot for safety reasons is wrong if you ask me. It shows responsibility and sounds like they are on top of the situation and responding accordingly. All for the better and longevity of the program.
    The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of low price is forgotten.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The one and only time I ever saw the red arrows was in the late 1990s, I think around 1999, at the Salinas airport (http://www.salinasairshow.com/links.htm). They had 10, they flew in from Monterey, CA. The tenth came in first and did a real low pass over the runway with smoke on and then landed. The other nine did there show performance. It was great, I love those jets. I hope they can keep going.

That same show there was an F-14 demonstration before the main event and I was in awe. It was like those typical A-10 close in maneuvers, but on steroids. My impression is I think the air show circuit is dying in general in the US. You don't see the real capabilities of the pilots and aircraft like you use to back in the day. I guess we'll keep it alive with our models jets.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Saying they are in decline because they made the wise and prudent decision to ground a pilot for safety reasons is wrong if you ask me. It shows responsibility and sounds like they are on top of the situation and responding accordingly. All for the better and longevity of the program.

Nail on the head Andy. Those Reds would be just as impressive with only two flying.
    Scratch it till it bleeds Convert it till it chokes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Robrow

They are also cutting back on the number of jets to 7 so no more diamond 9 formation []

Rob.
    I thought that the article says that the 9 will be back in 2013?

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Classic case of the SUN getting it wrong again.

2012 they will display 7 up, with 9 flying for major events
    2013 they will be back up to 9 for the whole season.

The official reason (as i'm led to believe) is a pilot was called up for service.

I'm sure there is someone around who will give the full version. But take the sun article with a pinch of salt as always.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, I'm sure they will be back stronger than ever for the 2013 season

Rob.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Let's face it. Women deal with the emotions of loss differently than men. Losing two team members that you've trained with at the level the Reds accomplish, within approximately 90 days of each other, has got to be extremely difficult! The last thing the Red's need would be to lose their first female member in another crash, due to a failure to recognize or accept her inability to "close ranks and soldier on" with the level of concentration required to perform safely. There are seven remaining pilots of the Team who will continue. I wish them the best and Godspeed!

David S