Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

mississippi afterburnr 2012

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

mississippi afterburnr 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 02:04 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: mississippi afterburnr 2012

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Apache Server at mississippijets.org Port 80
+1
Old 05-10-2012, 02:12 PM
vernonms

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: PHIL NUZA

For the last 2 years (and 2 months, to be exact , I've been hearing about the infamous ''Mississippi Afterburner'' Jet Event. Although Phil attempted to describe it in detail, I could have never gained a more true picture of Southern Hospitality and a genuine sense of family, had I not attended myself. Now that we are back home in Maine, I know why he was depressed when he could not attend last year. Mississippi Afterburner 2012 left a lasting impression on both of us. I can honestly say that this will remain our favorite event. Memories were made and friendships formed that I hope last a lifetime.

I hope everyone enjoyed the lobster - glad Mr. & Mrs. Eric Clapp could enjoy those set aside for me. The chicken was much better
A big thank you to Miss Michelle for being a gracious hostess and for being the keeper of our jets. If they don't show up tomorrow, we know you kept good on your promise to hold one back for yourself

Mr. Vernon - the best MC/M&M supplier/hustler of t-shirts & tickets I've ever met.
Bob O - thank you for being the chef connected with the yummy breakfast(s) & for being our chauffeur; Dawn - thank you for ''flipping''.
David R - thank you for your candor, your cooking skills and use of your bathroom, so I did not have to use the ''blue room''.
Sherry, aka: ''Momma'' - thank you for my Vitamin Water Zero & your sincerity. It certainly made me laugh AND prevented me from passing out.
Kim - thank you for introducing me to my new addiction, coconut water I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you, as much as we had time for.
OZ - It was great to hear your stories and to hang out with a fellow ''step-parent''. Thank you for your sincerity.
Buck - You gave up your comfy chair, your towel, your water AND Motrin. For that, my ankle & I thank you
Jenny, Ad, Josh & Katie - It was a pleasure meeting your family & we look forward to keeping in touch!!!
Jose (aka ''Doc'') & the Texas gang - great to see you again!!

To the rest of the Horizon Hobby crew (Sean, Dave, Chris, Tim, David et al) - I enjoyed meeting y'all & hope to see you at the next event.

Lastly, I want to once again congratulate my beau on an amazing run. Your flying skills are unmatched, you build beautiful airplanes and I will always be your biggest fan.
If we have left anyone out of the above stated recognitions, it was not intentional. I cannot blame it on the Mai Tai's (maybe next year?).......

Regards,
Meg (& Phil)
Don't forget Meg that u r now MA potato gun qualified!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Jetjock51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for letting me know about the bandwidth. I just upped it by a factor of 10 so we should be good to go for a while.