Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Internet Brands-Owners of RCU-Everyone Send complaint - link here

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Internet Brands-Owners of RCU-Everyone Send complaint - link here

Old 03-05-2012, 06:39 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Internet Brands-Owners of RCU-Everyone Send complaint - link here

I have decided to post a complaint on the corporate website. Maybe if we spam them with enough complaints they will take more notice and act. Here is the message I sent them. Please be respectful in your emails to them!!!!!

I am sending a message to complain about the web site RCU(RCuniverse.com).

This site used to perform very well until you guys bought it. After that time it has gotten continually worse to the extent that it is hardly useable.

Your representatives have posted that you they are working on a solution but that was months ago. It is apparent that there is a serious problem with your servers and you are having trouble finding a solution or that you just don't care.

Either way, you are losing customers and advertisers. The sight is a disaster and very loyal followers are simply going to other sites like RCgroups.com.

Please consider alocating more resources to fixing the problem.

As mentioned above, there are other sites to go to but RCU used to be the best. I'm sure your company doesn't want to hang it's hat on transforming great web sites into junk.

Kindest Regards,
Andy Andrews

-

Here is the Link: http://www.internetbrands.com/ib/news/company-news
Old 03-05-2012, 06:48 PM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Internet Brands-Owners of RCU-Everyone Send complaint - link here

I agree..it has got to the point where I am getting too frustrated to even come back here..working for me now, but it's getting tiresome.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:49 PM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

lol..as I tried to post this is what I got..First it wouldnt open, then this..

We are sorry...

You are seeing this message because of one of the following reasons:

Your session timed out.
The server was restarted before you made a HTTP POST (posting a message, registering an account, login, etc.)
Problem #1:

You probably spent too much time and your session timed out. This is, however, rarely the cause of the problem because we implemented a session keep-alive mechanism to prevent this issue from happening. However, the server itself could have experienced some problems that prevented this mechanism to work as it should, and therefore we cannot completely rule out the possibility of this either.

You need to make sure your browser has cookies enabled. See below for instructions:

Netscape Communicator 4+:

Select "Edit" from the browser Menu bar
Select "Preferences"
Double click on "Advanced"
Verify that "Accept only cookies that get sent back to the originating server" is selected
Select the "OK" button
Microsoft Internet Explorer 4+:

Select "View" from the browser Menu bar
Select "Internet Options"
Select "Security" tab
Select "Custom (for expert users)" security level and select the "Settings" button
Locate "Cookies" and verify that "Allow per-session cookies (not stored)" is enabled
Select the "OK" button on the "Security" window
Select the "OK" button on the "Internet Options" window
If you already have cookies enabled and still experienced the problem, see problem #2 below for other possible causes.

Problem #2:

Your server experienced problems and was forced to restart. Restarting a server will erase all session data and our protective mechansim had no choice but to drop your HTTP POST because we had no way to identify you without valid session data.

Many forum administrators host their forums on shared servers, on which could have more than 200 sites hosted together. Sometimes the server has to be restarted because some badly written programs on other sites may drain the CPU/RAM and cause the IIS to restart itself. This is unfortunately an inevitable situation that many site administrators and its users have to face from time to time.

Technical Information

For more information, please contact forum admin.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That link works about as well as the whole damn operation !!!!! .... Will not connect... Imagine that !!!!!![>:]

Danno
Old 03-05-2012, 06:51 PM
rcjetsaok

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: KFX450

lol..as I tried to post this is what I got..First it wouldnt open, then this..

We are sorry...

You are seeing this message because of one of the following reasons:

Your session timed out.
The server was restarted before you made a HTTP POST (posting a message, registering an account, login, etc.)
Problem #1:

You probably spent too much time and your session timed out. This is, however, rarely the cause of the problem because we implemented a session keep-alive mechanism to prevent this issue from happening. However, the server itself could have experienced some problems that prevented this mechanism to work as it should, and therefore we cannot completely rule out the possibility of this either.

You need to make sure your browser has cookies enabled. See below for instructions:

Netscape Communicator 4+:

Select ''Edit'' from the browser Menu bar
Select ''Preferences''
Double click on ''Advanced''
Verify that ''Accept only cookies that get sent back to the originating server'' is selected
Select the ''OK'' button
Microsoft Internet Explorer 4+:

Select ''View'' from the browser Menu bar
Select ''Internet Options''
Select ''Security'' tab
Select ''Custom (for expert users)'' security level and select the ''Settings'' button
Locate ''Cookies'' and verify that ''Allow per-session cookies (not stored)'' is enabled
Select the ''OK'' button on the ''Security'' window
Select the ''OK'' button on the ''Internet Options'' window
If you already have cookies enabled and still experienced the problem, see problem #2 below for other possible causes.

Problem #2:

Your server experienced problems and was forced to restart. Restarting a server will erase all session data and our protective mechansim had no choice but to drop your HTTP POST because we had no way to identify you without valid session data.

Many forum administrators host their forums on shared servers, on which could have more than 200 sites hosted together. Sometimes the server has to be restarted because some badly written programs on other sites may drain the CPU/RAM and cause the IIS to restart itself. This is unfortunately an inevitable situation that many site administrators and its users have to face from time to time.

Technical Information

For more information, please contact forum admin.

This guys in what you call INTERNET CRAPOLA !!!!!!

D
Old 03-05-2012, 06:53 PM
AndyAndrews

lol if you can't go to the link go to their main web page and hit CONTACT US:

http://www.internetbrands.com/
Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Great response andy... Mine was slightly more harsh though
Old 03-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Gene Margiotti
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great idea!! My little thread entitled: RCU - HORRIBLE got deleted and/or moved. It was up for about 24 hours and was just starting to grow legs. I'll definitely post on their website/contact us area.

Gene
Old 03-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

I just posted there as well same as Andy's comments
Old 03-05-2012, 07:31 PM
jzuniga

Sent!

Nice letter btw, Andy..

Z
Old 03-05-2012, 07:38 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Our Story,

Internet Brands is a unique and compelling story.

Our business model is producing superior results. Learn about how we do it.

Click here

[:-][:'(][:@]
Old 03-05-2012, 08:35 PM
t_burley
My Feedback: (59)

great idea as well. hopefully they dont end up buying up RCgroups as well
Old 03-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Props4ever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will contact them too as of last few hours, i tried to open the site n 5 times it crashed on me, hence i couldn't even open it, then it took 6 tries to make a post on my S Connie thread as site would crash n not accept simple quick 4-6 lines post as update..

Honestly, i'm getting frustrated n tired of this now SERIOUS SERVER ISSUES!!, if admin cant fix them ib few weeks from today, i will have to take my project on RCG or RCC to complete it there. I don't see a point on paying to this site when many others are already doing yet it's not making a difference....Sorry but had to get it out of me..
Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
jetflyr

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

I have decided to post a complaint on the corporate website. Maybe if we spam them with enough complaints they will take more notice and act. Here is the message I sent them. Please be respectful in your emails to them!!!!!

I loved the fact that they state they want criticism and so-on, yet only have a box for "Public Relations Inquiries"...
Yeh, they are sincere!

Greg
Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I guess its time for another forum to replace this one, maybe I will start hanging around the jettruth forum.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:33 PM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

I am sending a message to complain about the web site RCU(RCuniverse.com).

This site used to perform very well until you guys bought it. After that time it has gotten continually worse to the extent that it is hardly useable.

Your representatives have posted that you they are working on a solution but that was months ago. It is apparent that there is a serious problem with your servers and you are having trouble finding a solution or that you just don't care.

Either way, you are losing customers and advertisers. The sight is a disaster and very loyal followers are simply going to other sites like RCgroups.com.

Please consider alocating more resources to fixing the problem.

As mentioned above, there are other sites to go to but RCU used to be the best. I'm sure your company doesn't want to hang it's hat on transforming great web sites into junk.

Kindest Regards,
Andy Andrews

-

Andy, I plagiarized yours, expanded on it a bit, and sent it on to the link you provided. If more people follow your lead, we could make some noise and get some results. I feel like RCU is regressing to the dial-up ara as far as how fun it is to log on or make a silly post or rant (like this one).

Here is what I wrote:

Dear Madam or Sir, good day.

I am sending this message to lodge a complaint about the web site RCU(RCuniverse.com).

Simply put, this site used to perform very well from a practical and functional stand point. When a user logged on, they got in. This kept being the standard protocol until you guys bought it. After that time it has gotten continually worse to the extent that it is hardly useable. One can simply not log on half the time. Think of your favorite website (i.e. ESPN, FACEBOOK, CNN, RCGroups -hint,hint-etc...)and ask yourself how many times a day are you willing to try and log on and read through a page when the site crashes on your i-Mac, PC, i-Pad, and i-phone an average of once every 4-5 minutes?

Your representatives have posted that they are working on a solution but that was months ago. It is apparent that there is a serious problem with your servers and you are having trouble finding a solution, or that you just don't know about the problem (hence this letter), or worse, you simply don't care.

Either way, you are losing long-time customers-such as myself and hundreds if not literally thousands of others-and advertisers. The sight is a disaster and very loyal followers are simply going to other sites like RCgroups.com.

Try it, go to your owned site: http://www.rcuniverse.com ...

... and try surfing 5 pages in a row. Do it two more times. If you don't get an error Server Message at some point along this simple exercise, I will buy your boss Dinner at Elways in Denver, Colorado.

Please consider alocating more resources to fixing this glaring problem as this is 2012 and websites don't crash every 4 minutes.

As mentioned above, there are other sites to go to but RCU used to be the best. I'm sure your company doesn't want to lose this profitable site which is important to your investors, and the RC community at large.

Kindest Regards,

Shazam Kianpour
Old 03-06-2012, 01:39 AM
icepilot

Sent complain:
Dear Madam or Sir, good day.

I am sending this message to lodge a complaint about the web site RCU(RCuniverse.com).

Simply put, this site used to perform very well from a practical and functional stand point. When a user logged on, they got in. This kept being the standard protocol until you bought it. After that time it has gotten continually worse to the extent that it is hardly useable. For the Norwegian/European jet community, RCU has been a very useful tool to stay in touch with the world wide jet community, to share updates, air show schedules, build threads etc. Now, it's next to impossible to post anything, images, new post or answers - everything makes the server crash and we are thrown out from the website. It cannot possibly be in your best interest to let this continue - I suppose you bought the site for a reason, and that reason was probably not to let this become the worst rc model website around. Please start taking this seriously now, or there will be no more action on this site and your investment will be lost - we will be forced to find other places to share our interest and information.
Best regards
Tor Christiansen
Board member Jets of Norway
Writer for Jet Power magazine and RCJI magazine
Old 03-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

A dedicated jet forum is probably what is needed but jet truth dosnt sound right it should be exactly what it is RC Jets I am sure someone out there has the knowlage we could even move across some of the big build threads with a bit of time
Old 03-06-2012, 03:53 AM
Altered1

anyone thought of sending a mail to the advertisers on RCU?  Advise them they may not be getting value for money....
Old 03-06-2012, 04:48 AM
FCABARLE
My Feedback: (73)

"We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)"

Aparently RCU does not monitor these posts. I would expect after all of the complaints about the web site that RCU would have taken steps to correct the connection problems. I lost the opportunity to purchase more than one item because the connection was repeatedly dropped and I gave up in frustration. I'm really suprised that the advertisers stay with RCU; no way RCU is adding to their business when the site fails to connect.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Altered1

ORIGINAL: FCABARLE

"We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)"

Aparently RCU does not monitor these posts. I would expect after all of the complaints about the web site that RCU would have taken steps to correct the connection problems. I lost the opportunity to purchase more than one item because the connection was repeatedly dropped and I gave up in frustration. I'm really suprised that the advertisers stay with RCU; no way RCU is adding to their business when the site fails to connect.
I guess it depends on your definition of offensive..... having a user point out the blindingly obvious in a fair and logical manner doesn't sound that offensive to me....
Old 03-06-2012, 05:08 AM
larrysogla

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I e-mailed them my complaint about their server issues and also I copied some of the complaints listed here so that my e-mail will have a personal imprint as well as a group leverage in calling their attention to these serious issues about website access and website navigate issues. Unbelievable that InternetBrands is acquiring all these internet companies left and right but not doing something to keep up with the added server workloads. When people are not able to access a website because of server issues....they will stop viewing the website and the advertisers will notice this drop in viewership and will note that the website is losing its appeal and hence adverising revenue will suffer. It is simple business economics.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:57 AM
fhm555

Thier attitude is also costing them money...

To whom it may concern

I recently began aquiring large quantities of r/c related products with intentions of selling/ trading them. I came to RCU to do this based on my good past experience with buy/sellng/trading on your site. Imagine my surprise when I got there and found a limping crapshoot of a site in place of the reliable, vibrant, busy place I once knew RCU to be. I upgraded my trader status and placed 14 or so ads, but when I try to check on their status, it is a constant problem logging on, and I often just give up.

In short, I need a place where I can place several hundred ads per month and would be more than happy to pay to do so, but I will not do so on a site where people can't gain access to my ads due to problems logging on.

I am monitoring this situation as I search for alternative sites to do business with, and I want to stress, you were my first choice and will be my ultiate choice, provided you can address the current issues.

Thanks
Pat
Old 03-06-2012, 06:18 AM
AndyAndrews

I know they pride themselves on how many hits they get on their web sites per day. I can't believe they don't care about one of their sights losing daily hits over a server isssue. Quick access and increased hits is their total business model. That is how they sell their advertisers. That is how they attract the advertisers who pay the rent.

I'm not an I.T. guy but from what I have witnessed, it looks like its a pipeline issue. The site flies one minute and then the next it gets bogged down like there is a huge blockage. I pulses up and down. It's obvious that they have reached the physical limit of what the server can process either though hardware or through bandwidth. They need to increase the size of the pipes and all of our ... cough, thoughts and ideas.. will start to flow freely again.. hehe.

My bet is that this campaign will have some effect. Thanks to everyone who has contributed!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 AM
cutaway

ORIGINAL: FenderBean
I guess its time for another forum to replace this one, maybe I will start hanging around the jettruth forum.
Same here. My "had-enough-of this-nonresponsive BS" switch just flipped. You can't abuse people's goodwill like this and expect them to keep accepting it forever.

RCU is getting deleted from my bookmarks. I may check back every 3 months or so to see if things ever improve, but that seems very unlikely at this point. The lack of communication from management about the problems and protracted duration of the problems indicate they simply don't care and intend to milk whatever ad cash they can before the user base completely collapses and advertisers wise up.

I've been in the computer business for decades, and these symptoms are all too familiar to me. There is no happy ending to this story. The day the ad revenue dips lower than hosting costs is the day the plug will be pulled and the site will just suddenly disappear.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.