Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Flyers Beware, scam artist Shaun Evans loose

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Flyers Beware, scam artist Shaun Evans loose

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 04:18 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jet Flyers Beware, scam artist Shaun Evans loose

ORIGINAL: islandhobbies

You guys need to grow up.

If you only know that you are on the loosers side, the dishonest side...

Everything I said with my experience with Mr. Bandit Shaun and Mr. Bandit Shaz is 100% true. You could believe me or not, I don't give a crap.

I'm confident you will not 'Win' this battle....

Shaun and Shaz are of the top 50 people here that I'd trust to do business with..... their track records sell themselves, yours doesn't. Sorry.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:46 PM
BobbyMcGee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, 5 pages in a single day! Much of it being mud slinging!
While I can understand tempers, naming this topic, “scam-artist Shaun Evans loose” is not a good way to start out. WhileShaun can’t sue you in Trindad, and you can call him anything you want because of that fact, it’s not a good way to address the issue.
First of all, I see an estimate with pictures from KingTech that is dated March 6, 2012. That estimate references turbine # 163F. The email from KingTech that George posted, didn’t give reference to an actual serial number, it just stated that the numbers didn’t match up. That email doesn’t prove or disprove anything. KingTech should be able to trace who bought # 163F. They keep those records, you know!
Secondly, the damage to the turbine does show issues. But there is no way for usto know where that turbine came from (but KingTech can answer that). I can assume that George sent the turbine to be repaired after he had a few flights on it. From the videos, I also see that George flys his jets on a grass runway. I also see from the videos that George lands his jets really hard and fast. If I ever were to have a landing like his, I would have brought my jet home for a full inspection before making another flight. Those landings were HARD, and can do significant damage to landing gears, cause fuel leaks, damage FESTO fittings, gear doors, and bulkheads inside the fuselage! Also, grass is brutal to landing gear! Especially when landing fast!! George, since you fly off of grass, you must inspect you landing gear after every flight. I fly off a runway, and I always inspect my landing gear and gear doors for proper function before every flight.
George, you are pretty hard on your jets. Your landings are hard, PLUS you are landing on grass. Grass puts an enormous amount of stress on landing gear … even when the landing is soft. I can see why your turbine ended up in the condition it is in. There is always going to be lots of debris, grass, dirt, sand, and pebbles ingested into a turbine when flying off grass. That’s just normal. So … avoid flying off grass! If you do fly off grass, then accept the high maintenance and repair costs. Also, invest in a FODscreen it will help some ... but not stop sand from getting in the turbine. Sand is the death of any turbine.
Don’t blame anyone, or Shaun for landing gear struts or gears doors falling off. That is bound to happen when flying off thick and tall grass … and especially with your hard landings. Landing gear is a constant maintenance issue that YOU must inspect. Just because it was solid last week or when Shaun (or anyone) installed it, doesn’t mean that it will be solid forever, or even for a week! Even soft landings will loosen things after a brief time. Always check that the screws and nuts are tight, even if you put locktite on them. Door hinges also come loose after a while. If the grass didn’t rip the door off, it can sure catch it during take-off or landing and cause a hinge to snap. You must always inspect your jet before flying it.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:47 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: megafly

He landed ''Fast and safly'' on this video????
I was wondering what's he call's a crash

The video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EFTjEpmNnA
Sacre blue, and I thought I had trouble landing sometimes!!!

Lucky Pierre
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59348.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	1736152  
Old 03-07-2012, 05:50 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow he has a bunch of great videos to watch!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:51 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Im pretty new to the jet arena and from my experience and talking to Shaun he seems like a good guy that wouldnt sale broke stuff.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:59 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Well, this horse has been beat to glue on this one! Shaun, you are in the clear on this one far as I am concerned.

Now I am unsubscribing as my inbox is blowing up and becoming a nuisance!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:04 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

George....
The problem many have here is this.... you have blatantly lambasted Shaun, making nefarious claims. I have known Shaun for well over 10 years; although not close friends by any means, I am comfortable saying this guys has genuine integrity! I dont always agree with him but I do respect him.
As an outsider looking in on this ridiculous tirade, you have not provided one documented shred of evidence to back up your claims of what has transpired? Some of the details stated dont make a whole lot of sense. You state that he swapped engines yet you provide info from Barry backing up the engine was indeed the engine purchased and shipped to Shaun on your behalf? Video shown clearly shows the engine starting and running perfectly (with a bent up starter mounting and broken fuel feed?!!?). With the damage you claim he did to the engine, I find it hard to comprehend how you got past a start sequence without knowing something was terribly wrong..... I assume the picture provided a few pages back is the broken fitting in question? I have run these engines with fractured fuel extensions; they leak some serious fuel when cracked. I realize this is the Kero Start feed not the fuel feed which broke but fuel leakage would have been easily noted on startup regardless! I have also run these engines where the starter has been pushed off center (two point mounting on fairly thin cover, shipping alone can offset them) and the bendix will chatter quite a bit; as bent up as your cover appears in the images, I would be surprised the engine was able to spool....
I can go on, digging into each detail of claims made but simply put, where is the physical evidence? You have yet to provide one ounce of evidence to back up these claims. It is not a question of who believes whom; you have come here making some serious, slanderous claims against a well respected member of the jet community without a shred of evidence to back up your claims....... why should anyone take your word? And if the situation was reversed, wouldnt you expect the same? Lets be realistic George.... Either provide documented proof to validate at least one of your claims or sign off and be done with this slanderous campaign. SERIOUSLY! Time to put up or shut up....
Old 03-07-2012, 06:07 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

The videos seal it. You guys are too nice when you say George is "hard" on his jets. If he made one landing like he did with the F-22 at my field, we'd uninvite him to fly his jets there and I would *never* have signed him off for a waiver. He's dangerous, plain and simple.

Just a word to those who complain about guys jumping on "outsiders." You have to know that most of the guys on here are personal friends with each other. I've met and flown with at least 50% of the guys on here (including Shaun) and those I haven't personally met, I've corresponded with on one issue or the other. We're not attacking anyone because they are an "outsider" or a "noob," we're standing up for someone whom we consider a personal friend...

Bob
Old 03-07-2012, 06:32 PM
socshooter
My Feedback: (45)

Actually that F-22 landed slower than George's
Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

wow just saw those two landings part 1 and 2, [:-]
Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: E.N.T.

DON'T let Barry stick his nose here , because then
you'll be exposed.

E.N.T.
I will be exposed?? What are you talking about?
Andy once told me his real passion is kites.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 PM
BobbyMcGee

Yeah, George. Those landings are rough. In the below linked video, you're lucky you didn't rip the landing gear out of the red F-22 with that high-speed and heavy landing.You can thank thebuilder who beefed up that landing gear! By all rights, it should have been heavily damaged or ripped out.

From what I see in the videos, your approaches are steep and fast. You need to practice your approaches more ... slow them down and come in with a more shallow approach. Fast and high does not work well when you are trying to land.
That grass field is a real killer too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSjbFIg2Kto
Old 03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

HOLY crap.. I still can't believe the F-22 flame-out and "fast but safe landing" video.... He was at like 800'ish feet and dove straight for the ground to land.. REALLY!

If he was an AMA member and a guest or member at my club field, i would personally send the AMA a link to his video's and a strong letter urging to have his waiver revoked.. he is an accident waiting to happen...
Old 03-07-2012, 06:52 PM
marquisvns

You guys type way too fast for my RCU and my computer to keep up, anyway, we still have soil sample from engine #163F if anyone could do an evaluation of its origin. That will either validate George's claim or properly clear Shaun's name.

Barry
Old 03-07-2012, 06:57 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: marquisvns

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: E.N.T.

DON'T let Barry stick his nose here , because then
you'll be exposed.

E.N.T.
I will be exposed?? What are you talking about?
Andy once told me his real passion is kites.
NOt Kites, knitting. But that being said.. I like your soil idea LOL>
Old 03-07-2012, 07:00 PM
ZX11

ORIGINAL: rcjets_63

ORIGINAL: megafly

He landed ''Fast and safly'' on this video????
I was wondering what's he call's a crash

The video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EFTjEpmNnA
Sacre blue, and I thought I had trouble landing sometimes!!!

Lucky Pierre
I only watched that video later. Fine, I know deadsticks aren't always pretty. But the "fast and safly" comment shows how our view of things isn't always 20/20. I bet we missed the unedited video showing the picnic basket, frisbee, small dog, and cooler flying thru the air after the F22 disappeared over the slope.

I shouldn't sling mud but I am weak of character. I bet the soccer field was full of sports teams and people enjoying the day. Then George showed up with his RC jets and everyone scattered.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 PM
BobbyMcGee

Barry, you can check to see who the original purchaser of 163F is. I would think that will solve this case.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

deeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm 8 pages!!! nice

Name:	Db84772.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1736183  
Old 03-07-2012, 07:12 PM
marquisvns

ORIGINAL: BobbyMcGee

Barry, you can check to see who the original purchaser of 163F is. I would think that will solve this case.
The original purchaser was George of Island Hobbies with expressed instruction to be delivered to Shaun Evans for installation. Since we didn't have that model of engine in stock on the day of purchase, 163F was sent directly from the factory to Shaun.

Not sure if this solves anything Bobby.

Barry
Old 03-07-2012, 07:21 PM
megafly

If this guy fly in a asphalt runway, and land that fast he will need like 1000 feet at least to stop his jet, he came hott, and he came like this on every aproach...
I think he will be happy in my landing site...

Old 03-07-2012, 07:30 PM
BobbyMcGee

ORIGINAL: marquisvns

ORIGINAL: BobbyMcGee

Barry, you can check to see who the original purchaser of 163F is. I would think that will solve this case.
The original purchaser was George of Island Hobbies with expressed instruction to be delivered to Shaun Evans for installation. Since we didn't have that model of engine in stock on the day of purchase, 163F was sent directly from the factory to Shaun.

Not sure if this solves anything Bobby.

Barry
I think it does solve the case.From my understanding,George seems to be claiming that the turbine engine he sent to you for the repair (163F)is not the sameengine that you had shipped to Shaun that was to be put in the F-18 sold to George. Seems to me that George is claiming that Shaun did notput the turbine he got from you into the F-18 that was shipped from Shaun, to George. So, if Georgesent the turbine to you for repair, then it has to be the same turbine! Therefore, Shaun did not swap turbines, as George is claiming.

Simply put,
Factory sends Shaun turbine 163F
Shaun installs 163F in F-18 and sends to George.
George then flys his F-18 off a soccer field.
George has hard landings.
George sends 163F to you for repairs.
It's the same engine!
How can George say that Shaun swapped engines?!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:39 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm starting a George Landing fan club:

Name:	Xv64118.gif
Views:	12
Size:	5.65 MB
ID:	1736186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57214.gif
Views:	19
Size:	5.69 MB
ID:	1736189  
Attached Images    
Old 03-07-2012, 07:42 PM
BobbyMcGee

From this point on, if I ever see or havea hard landing,I'm going to call it a George landing!
Sorry George. Not to make fun of your landings, I just had to write that because it was funny!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:03 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Soooooooo

I wonder how much FOD was ingested at the end of that video?

Name:	Mk27716.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1736198  
Old 03-07-2012, 08:03 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

ORIGINAL: islandhobbies

ok, agreed, but dont you think that some people could be taking advantage of there so called good reputation??? is it because i am the 'new guy' i am atomatically the dis-honest one. Come on guys, be serious.
I am going to take current pics of the aircraft, proving that it was not in a crash as well as posting the video of my first and only flight with the aircraft, when the landing gear dropped out DURING FLIGHT....
I have known Shaun for over 17 years. He has built a few planes for me over the years and even test flown them. They have always been as he said they would be and stood behind them. REPUTATION speaks louder than angry BS! Your problem is accusing, accusing, accusing. Don't you go through your planes when you get them? Don't you look them over and make sure everything is good? It's not because your the "new guy" that people won't get behind you, it's because your a hot head! I know Shaun...he would go out of his way to make things right for any one (that deserves it, that is!).
So let's talk about Shaz for a minute...I have know Shaz for a while and have had dealings with him without any problems. I trusted him so much (based on a developed friendship and honesty) that I sent him a NEW turbine before the money ever got here. So I ask you George, are we all against you or are we dealing with the reputation of a couple of really straight up guys? I think I'll put my money on the latter... Sorry, I have been at theis a long time and have seen and experienced a lot. No sympathy here...
Lowell Wexler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.