Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Flyers Beware, scam artist Shaun Evans loose

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Flyers Beware, scam artist Shaun Evans loose

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 PM
truthhurts
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Flyers Beware, scam artist Shaun Evans loose

To all Jet enthusiest, pilots, suppliers. This is a warning to all of you about Mr Shaun Evans from Yellow Aircraft planes.Here is the story
1.He sold me a yellow aircraft F18, whichhe stated was new, however, on recieving it, it was OLD with a number of chip marks
and cracks.
2. I paid for ordenence i did not recieve any
3. I senthim a new turbine with fod screen direct from Kingtech, however, i recieved a crashed turbine with no fod screen.
4. I knowhe had the same type of turbine onhis F-15 thathe crashed and sent me that crashed turbine.
5. The report from Kingtech states the ecu has 118 min of runtime on the turbine, whenheclaimedhe started it once to check for
fuel leaks (5 minutes) and once for the first flight (5 minutes). I started it once for 6 minutes and flew it once for 4 minutes.
That's an average of 20 minutes.
6.He charged me $1200.00 usd forhis so called professional build and on the first and only flight thus far, the landing gear
fell out and the turbine melted most of the air lines, the nose wheel was badly put together and the nose cone has no hatch to
hold it down and no scews or screw holes so it needed tape to hold down, just like whathe did in the videohe posted on you tube.
7. After my first flight, i was made aware of a fuel leak on the turbine, which i calledhim about. That fuel leak then led me to remove the turbinefrom the aircraft for the first time and thatswhen inotice that something was wrong with this picture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMQdyTRIzuc

At first Shaun said that he was not 100% sure that Kingtech did not send it to him in that condition and a few days later, he changes his story and said he did infact get a Brand new turbine from kingtech and that is what he sent to me. Story has changed. So what he is saying is that the turbine compressed it self inside My airframe without crashing??
Kingtech's report says that the turbine was definately in a crash, bearings are damaged, there is dirt inside the turbine, the starter housing and bracket was broken and he tried to repairusing epoxy, the casing is dented, the festo fitting is broken. Screws on the casing were crossed thred.
I dont care what his ratings say, he is Dis-honest with his dealing's with me.

Shaun Evans is being very Dis-honest and sneaky and he should not be allowed to get away with this, so i want THEWORLDTOKNOW..
regards, George
P.S. I am not a poor man and don't need to lie about this. Yes, i am new to the jet family and learning every day. I am the largest hobby distributor in the Caribbean for over 20 years but was green to the turbine world and was realed in to Shean via RCU. I purchased many turbines thru RCU, some, i got what i paid for and 1 i got scammed.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:35 PM
truthhurts

Default RE: Jet Flyers Beware, scam artist Shaun Evans loose

keep advised that up to date, this aircraft cost me about $12,000.00 usd
Old 03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

He and I have not always seen eye to eye on many subjects, but this sounds a little fishy to me. From everything I have seen in regards to him it appears he is a stand up guy and not a scam artist like you suggest. With 28 post total I am going to have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one....
Old 03-06-2012, 07:48 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I find it hard to believe also that he would knowingly do something like this when he has had a (as far as i know) spotless reputation till this... The lack of photo's from the OP and lack of post count makes it seem fishy to me as well..
Old 03-06-2012, 08:04 PM
truthhurts

While I understand your reluctance to accept what I have expressed due to YOUR experiences with said individual. Am I expected to not convey what has in FACT happened to me? of what value is it to me to post my experience except to shed light on what this individual is CAPABLE of ...it is immaterial to me that u or any others worship blindlyat the alter of this con man...I am sorry but these are the facts
1) I paid significant amts of moneyfor aNEWproduct and service
2) I did NOT recievea NEW turbine as EVIDENCED by the report I recieved from Kingtech
3) I did NOT recieve a NEW Airframe
4) I paid for a professional build and got a novice like poorly built aircraft
5) and I paid for ordinance and did NOTrecieve any
If any of u disciples would like copies of my report from Kingtech,I will email you at your request, please note report includes all detailsas well as PICTURES

Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: islandhobbies

While I understand your reluctance to accept what I have expressed due to YOUR experiences with said individual. Am I expected to not convey what has in FACT happened to me? of what value is it to me to post my experience except to shed light on what this individual is CAPABLE of ...it is immaterial to me that u or any others worship blindly at the alter of this con man...I am sorry but these are the facts
1) I paid significant amts of money for a NEW product and service
2) I did NOT recieve a NEW turbine as EVIDENCED by the report I recieved from Kingtech
3) I did NOT recieve a NEW Airframe
4) I paid for a professional build and got a novice like poorly built aircraft
5) and I paid for ordinance and did NOT recieve any
If any of u disciples would like copies of my report from Kingtech, I will email you at your request, please note report includes all details as well as PICTURES
Post your proof here in public instead
Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: InboundLZ

He and I have not always seen eye to eye on many subjects, but this sounds a little fishy to me. From everything I have seen in regards to him it appears he is a stand up guy and not a scam artist like you suggest. With 28 post total I am going to have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one....
Hear, hear....

Shaun (at least spell the man's name correctly since you have done so much business with him) and I have had a disagreement or two (many) over the years, many have been pm's some have been direct phone conversations. HOWEVER, from what I know and from what many friends have said he is a stand up guy and a man of his word. So everything posted here is notwithstanding.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:31 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Isn't Island Hobbies the same guy that accused Chaz last year of a bunch of nonsense that was promptly debunked?!

Here we go again[:'(]!

David S
Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 PM
truthhurts

[img]C:\Users\Tannous\Desktop\scam pics\1.jpg[/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	zx70902.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	1735935   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45846.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1735936   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12142.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1735937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97187.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1735938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kd90070.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1735939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm76628.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1735940  
Old 03-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Race21
My Feedback: (20)

Exactly David S! Sounds like another episode of "Jack will get his jacket."

Old 03-06-2012, 08:44 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This does not sound like Shaun Evans at all.

Who are you, what is your name?

David
Old 03-06-2012, 08:45 PM
truthhurts

Actually, yes, it is me. I did purchase an aircraft from Shaz of which he did say the turbine and aircraft was in top condition and was recently serviced, however, on my first flight with the aircraft, the turbine spat its blades out and the aircraft went down and was destroyed. After sending the turbine to a professional turbinedoctor,it wasagreed that the turbine in no way was recently serviced, as the bearing were in bad shape, which caused theturbine shaft to wobbleand touch the housing.Again, In no way, time or fashion, did i lie about that and many people agreed with me, only his friends agreed with him. Off-course.....
Old 03-06-2012, 08:48 PM
truthhurts

David, my name is George Tannous, my company's name is Island Hobbies. I have purchase many jets thru rcu and have good relationships with the sellers. I do not need to lie about this my friend. I am stating what happened to me, what is the truth

Old 03-06-2012, 08:53 PM
ChrisPetersen
My Feedback: (3)

I can't speak for this circumstance but I am shocked to hear this. Mr Evans has always been very prompt and honest with me. I have bought aircraft and ordinance from him and he has always been a man of his word.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:54 PM
David Searles

Jeez Dude,

You must be some sort of bad deal magnet! Do you have some Karma you need to get worked out?

According to you, every guy with a prior great reputation suddenly turns to the Dark Side as soon as they have dealings with you!

I just don't get it, I guess.

And yes, Chaz is my friend, you, I don't know!

David S
Old 03-06-2012, 09:19 PM
David Searles

ORIGINAL: islandhobbies

David, my name is George Tannous, my company's name is Island Hobbies. I have purchase many jets thru rcu and have good relationships with the sellers. I do not need to lie about this my friend. I am stating what happened to me, what is the truth

According to your RCU file: You have a total of 5 transactions.

You purchased 5 jets in a two month span last summer, and have now accused two of the five sellers with shady and dishonest dealings. Both of whom have an extensive file of excellent past transactions over a period of years.

Somehow that doesn't make me want to sell you a jet.

David S
Old 03-06-2012, 09:48 PM
truthhurts

WOW, David, you guys!! Its like its a group of guys that think they are part of some turbine mafia family and outsiders must fear them and keep our mouths shut!!!. This is not IRAQ,NOSIR, i fear no one but GOD. I am stating the truth and my experience with Mr. Evans. You believe what you want, it does nothing for me. Family ties, i guess... Man, if you really new me, you would not have such a negative outlook on me..

.......its only just begun.....
Old 03-06-2012, 09:50 PM
truthhurts

My advise to all sellers out there. DON"T LIE. Give exact descriptions of what you are selling, with all accurate info. It works out better in the end.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have a seriel number for the turbine you bought that was new?
Kingtech should be able to determine if its the new turbine you bought.
Scott
Old 03-06-2012, 09:59 PM
jetpilot

Also the video states at the end that the F18 was built by someone else other than Shaun and that Shaun fixed it and made it flyable. Evidentally Shaun got the airplane from someone else and it was in bad condition and he made it flyable. That video doesnt sounds like a brand new jet built by Shaun.
Scott
Old 03-06-2012, 10:12 PM
truthhurts

Scott, i will check with Kightech tomorrow about that serial number again, which i did ask them on a few occasions to tell me. It was also stated that the serial number is on the exhaust cone, which is easy to swap.
About the aircraft, before and when i paid for it, it was not made aware to me that it had to be repaired in any way, or in any kind on Un-new condition. Only a few months after, when i was querying why the build was taking so long, especially when he said on his add, it was built, did he then reveal to me that he had to fix problems. These type of guys say anything to get your money, after, you suck salt. at least, thats how i feel.
,george
Old 03-06-2012, 10:19 PM
jetpilot

George,
Can you post the details of the ad or the actual ad?
Serial numbers on tailbone sounds ridiculous!
Scott
Old 03-06-2012, 10:25 PM
truthhurts

thats the exhaust cone on the turbine itself
Old 03-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Race21
My Feedback: (20)

A S/N on the tailcone? Can you post a picture of that here in this thread?

Old 03-06-2012, 11:01 PM
jetster81

Whilst I do not agree with this sort of posting for the obvious reasons I think we should all wait and seewhat mr Evans has to say (he is watching this post as I write) before decrying mr Tannous's comments .

I can't believe some of the comments posted here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.