Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Eurosport and gyro complications

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Eurosport and gyro complications

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 05:13 AM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eurosport and gyro complications

I was kicking around the idea of putting a gyro on the elevons of my CARF Euro. I would like to smooth out the rocking effect. I see two problems.

1.. The servos that the gyro would be connected to would be functioning as ailerons and elevators. I want my elevator function to be uneffected. Would positioning the gyro in the rolling plane isolate the pitch plane?

2..I have two elevon servos. It there a way to connect one gyro between the two servos to work on the rolling plane only?

Old 04-10-2012, 05:26 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Eurosport and gyro complications

A gyro will only work on the axis it is oriented on. If its oriented in roll, it won't effect pitch.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:37 AM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Thats what I was thinking but it make me concerned since its pretty much all my flight controls in one. I have working canards but still.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:40 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Think about what a 3D helicopter is doing while that little gyro is sitting there controlling the yaw axis
Old 04-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Jgwright

Joe

I have had several gyros installed in planes with elevons. It is no problem and quite common on deltas with elevons, they work on the axis they are oriented on. I had mine set to act on the ailerons with the orientation of the sensor. I would only use a gyro that is designed to be used on 2 servos such as the ACT Fuzzy Pro. ACT gyros are available in the USA from Todd at Dreamworks. They gyro will need a separate channel for the gain. I suggest that you use a rotary knob and set it for the first flight at 0 gain and gradually increase it as you see the effect it has. Make sure you have it set so it works the right way round!

This is a link to the manual so you can see how it works. English translation is at the bottom.

http://www.acteurope.de/intanlfuzzypro3.pdf

John