Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Very bad answer from HH service department

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Very bad answer from HH service department

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:24 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Very bad answer from HH service department

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

ORIGINAL: cloudancer03

your best answer was simply go to FUTABA!!!!!
That certainly should do it. Futaba stuff never fails!
It dont fail but it costs 3 times more than every other radio and recievers. I figured i woud finish that for ya.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:37 PM
joebahl

bump......
Old 05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The real problem is this "Pre-Order" crap that seems so common these days. It's nothing more than getting people to pay for development costs up front. How about just selling a product when you can actually deliver it? Is that so hard?
Old 05-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Doug for your post, that was part of my issues.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:20 PM
joebahl

Now that i have more facts behind the scene's i retract my statements about ron. Good luck guys. joe
Old 05-03-2012, 01:35 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ron, I am having a tough time understanding why you didn't get your jets. I was in two different local hobby shops today and both had the E-flite Phantom in stock on their shelves! You would think that someone who pre-ordered it would get it first before hobby shops got open stock.

Are you sure your local shop didn't screw up and not even bother to order it for you and then pass the blame to Horizon?

Mike
Old 05-03-2012, 01:42 PM
92ARed1

The HHonline store is treated internally like an LHS

New products are allocated out to the LHSand online.

So depending on where you are "in line" when you place your order, determines if you will be the first one to get it.

So if you are #2 at the LHSyou are in luck, whearas #238 on line maybe not.

This also explains why you can be b/o on line yet stores have stock (IEthey didn't sell all theirs on preorders) or vice versa.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Tampaflyer
My Feedback: (42)

if you weren't trying to be the cool guy with the newest toy on the block.. you would have waited for it to come out. they were in such a rush to get them going on the other sites.. it is almost comical.

if you want to be the first, you are going to be the beta tester.

good luck.. i'm sure GP will fail you sometime in the near future and you can post that.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Ron Stahl

Mike I know for sure it was HH who dropped the ball until today. My caller works at the hobby shop and he is who special ordered the planes and support equipment for my family eight months ago and has been updating me with the bad news. Somehow this became my fault as a customer who wanted their items or money back , until the call from Rich Whittington from HH today. Like I stated after we spoke he ended up informing me that he has ok'd the return of any new in package product I want to return regarding this mess. As someone stated depending on when and where you order things if they are backordered you can still be waiting while a shop elsewhere has product sitting on the shelves.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

It's good that you can return the items you want to. Besides, maybe you can now buy the newest and better products. Those things that are eight months old may have already been improved upon in newer versions.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Jetdktr
My Feedback: (21)

Tampaflyer:

its not about being "the cool guy with the newest toy on the block", its about " here is something new", it will be out at this date. You order 1, date comes, nothing. Then its " it will be ready this date". This date comes and nothing, then again, and again with numerous products for almost a year. With some stuff if you dont pre- order when it is announced, you might not ever get it, because if the first container full of product just barely sells out , there will not be another. As for being the "beta tester", I have no issues with HH products, they sell good stuff, and I have been pleased with everything I have purchased as they work right out of the box.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:35 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

I understand your disappointment in not getting the planes when expected.

If I understand your scenero correctly, you are upset at Horizon because they would not refund you for product that you purchased at a hobby shop? Is this correct?

Why would you expect them to??? Yes, Horizon is both a retailer and distributor but, it's unrealistic to expect them to refund you for purchases that were not made with them. Sorry but, if my understanding is correct, then you are just a totally unreasonalble customer and they would be better off if you went to Futaba.

It would be like buying a TV from Walmart and trying to get a refund from the distributor that supplied it to them. If there's a refund to be had, it should come from the hobby shop.

My appologies if I've misunderstood you.

Mike

You got that right. And not only trying to return the TV to the distributor but having had it for 8 months! As Daffy Duck would say, what a maroon.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:37 PM
w0mbat
My Feedback: (1)

I too have been waiting over 9 months with all the support equipment on hand. I pre-ordered the day they were announced. I have been in the hobby long enough to know that delivery on this type of thing could take a year or longer so it's no big deal. Once you are in the hobby for a while, you will learn not to believe most ship dates, no matter who lists them!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 PM
jetster81

Perhaps HH and other companies will learn from this well publicised incident and will in future only advertise goods when they become available I for one will be happy if they do.
Glad for Ron that he has now closure on this unfortunate situation.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:50 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a question for Ron. Are you now back in good graces with HH since they finally took care of you or are you still on the outs?

I am in customer service so to speak, I work for an IT dept and we support our users. We take care of our users, our customers, when they call the first time. Not when they have to go to my boss and get us to do what we should have done in the first place. I read these types of posts where someone is ranting about how HH treated them or how Futaba treated them until they get a satisfactory resolution then they are all happy with that company again. Why?

I used to use nothing but JR servos and Gyros in my planes, until I got an 8411 that was bad out the package and a gyro that had alot of thermal drift. So I returned both to HH for repair/replacement and they lost it. Even though I had tracking and signature information they kept saying they never received the package. After 7 months of this someone finally took the time to research the problem and found my package that had been sitting on the shelf awaiting payment for service. Had to fax them a copy of my receipt showing that I had bought both items new and about a month before I shipped them back to them, which incidentally I had put a copy in the box for them and even had an RMA number. They of course replaced everything for free because they were defective. That one incident has left a bad taste in my mouth and I have not bought another JR/HH product since. When you can't take the time to do what's right the first time to help your customer then you shouldn't be in business. I have had problems with my futaba and hitec gear and have had an issue or two with support but NOTHING that even comes close to what happened with HH. This is not a GP vs HH vs whoever debate but a debate based on service. Like i said I have had some issues with other companies as well. Its like politics, you choose the one that lies less.

Patrick
Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

The frustrations are well taken, but for what it's worth, the airplane itself is NOT AT ALL a typical ARF you see from China. I walked into a hobby shop here in San Diego, and they had three of them just sitting there, so I got one for my jet meet. It's instantly obvious that some real jet guys weighed in on this as the quality is just outstanding. So is the way things are laid out and put together. Looks like real glue in there, too, and not hot-melt. The covering is the best I've ever seen in an ARF in a box. Not a single sag or wrinkle.

If any of the delays had to do with them 'getting it right', then good thing we had to wait. When I first heard the price-tag, I laughed because I thought about the phenomenon of adding the word 'jet' to a product and it's suddenly worth twice what it was if it didn't have the word 'jet' in it. Now that I've had it out of the box, this baby is well-priced.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Jetdktr
My Feedback: (21)

Message Deleted
Old 05-04-2012, 11:01 AM
LOturbine

I agree with Yellow Aircraft above.. I finally got mine and was WELL pleased with the quality of this kit for only $360.. I was able to get everything for it including retracts for around $900.. Whatever they did to fix the "issues" was worth the waiting time! Too bad Tam can't figure out how to cram a P-20 into this one!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:28 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

ORIGINAL: LOturbine

I agree with Yellow Aircraft above.. I finally got mine and was WELL pleased with the quality of this kit for only $360.. I was able to get everything for it including retracts for around $900.. Whatever they did to fix the ''issues'' was worth the waiting time! Too bad Tam can't figure out how to cram a P-20 into this one!
Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...641188&page=15

S
Old 05-04-2012, 11:34 AM
rfrantz

If anyone was into model trains years ago as I was does the name Walthers mean anything to you. They still owe me a set of power trucks from 1978. They never offered a refund either.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:15 PM
RonTins

ORIGINAL: Ron Stahl

Mike I know for sure it was HH who dropped the ball until today. My caller works at the hobby shop and he is who special ordered the planes and support equipment for my family eight months ago and has been updating me with the bad news. Somehow this became my fault as a customer who wanted their items or money back , until the call from Rich Whittington from HH today. Like I stated after we spoke he ended up informing me that he has ok'd the return of any new in package product I want to return regarding this mess. As someone stated depending on when and where you order things if they are backordered you can still be waiting while a shop elsewhere has product sitting on the shelves.
I don't think anyone in their right mind would blame Ron for venting. Heck, had he not vented on hear, he probably would not have had this issue resolved until date. Don't be sorry Ron. You acted professionally in my opinion.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:00 PM
rcand

ORIGINAL: Ron Stahl

Most of you know that I like all of us jet guys spend a lot of money on our hobby and more so for me at work on hobby equipment. Today I have to say that I am ready to switch to another brand of radio and parts supplier because Horizon Hobbies customer service SUCKS!!!!! After a 18 minute wait on the phone today with their customer service department,to get a person on the phone, I was told that they would not accept the return of the $2200.00 worth of support equipment that was bought over eight months ago for the two F-4 EDF planes they have still not delivered. Many promises have been made over those eight months on when our F-4's would arrive. Two weeks ago at Toledo I was told the planes would be here by the end of the April, some of you got your planes last week and posted so on here. But for me it's now MAY 2nd and still no planes. So today I called my local dealer to find out what was going on and was informed the new delivery date was May 30 for them from HH. Enough was enough so I called Horizon to speak to the customer service department, waited 18 minutes on hold to speak to someone about the possibility of returning the support equipment since the planes were still on backorder, and that I was way past tired of waiting for them and wasn't going to wait another four weeks. After the long wait to speak to a person sadly the tone of the conversation went south on both ends once I asked to return the equipment and got the response I did. I had enough of the lies and BS from the reps at the shows and now the service department. The lady on the phone told me to ''Just be patient and wait a few more weeks for the planes; but if I really wanted to return the equipment it was not Horizons problem but mine and I had to deal with the local dealer not them'', so I did just that I called GPA and cancelled all of my Horizon Hobby exclusive product backorders with them and they are going to work it out with HH one way or another on my equipment I don't want or need now for the F-4 's to get me store credit. So as much as I trust my JR and SPEKTRUM equipment when they need replacements I'll be spending my money with GREAT PLANES and FUTABA! Like I said in a previous post I am sure that many of the reps we like and trust are embarrassed to work with and for them right now.

Problem solved by HH see post #40.

Actually, I am quite impressed, you got someone on the phone in 18 minutes. It ususally takes me 30-45, and then, usually get nowhere, then have to take it up the line to the supervisory level.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:25 PM
shepp

I picked my f 4 from LHS last SAturday. Should have motor and fan unit tomorrow.

Shepp.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Ron Stahl

Patrick, in a short answer, no. I have lost trust and confidence in them as a customer.My local dealer did the right thing even before I got the call back from HH's Mr Whittington who did the right thing by not sticking me or my local dealer with the now unwanted products that were bought for the F-4's; but that did not win me back as the happy customer like I was in the past decade that went out of my way to support HH over GP. I however will not cut off my nose to spite my face and dump all of my HH equipment; I have literally tens of thousands of dollars of HH exclusive products either at my home shop or at work and for the most part was a satisfied customer until the last year over several issues with getting several products in a timely fashion. It is sad that I had to lose my temper and go over peoples heads to get results that should have been easier to resolve at a lower level.

I do really feel bad that I may lose some of my friends I have made over the years at HH because of this issue; as I told MR. Whittington the HH TEAM Members in the field (Too many to mention by name here) are great people who go out of their way to help guys at events and have to deal with problems in the field. Like I said earlier it's the non modelers making poor decisions at HH that seemed like they forgot that they are earning a living on peoples discretionary income that caused this to snowball not me as the customer or my local dealer. No matter what caused the delays; it should never be the customers fault or problem that as the supplier you cannot deliver product in a timely fashion.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:14 PM
WHMC
My Feedback: (15)

Mine is done ready to fly. At hobbyshop? whmc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.