Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Question on customer service expectations

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Question on customer service expectations

Old 05-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Max_Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question on customer service expectations

Sorry, I guess I just don't read it the same as you: OP's posting "Is it my fault for causing the damage or should the manufacturer take some of the responsibility for supplying me with a component (the case) that wasn't simple for me to replace?" I read : Manufacturer take some responsibility??? Implying it is partially or entirely their fault to me. If the hardware store sells you a chainsaw is it their fault when you cut yourself with it because they included a blade? How can you judge the fairness of being charged without some details. If I buy a Chevy and it breaks at 1000 miles should they cover it? What if I ran it into a pole?

And honestly You say "You are comparing what started as a cosmetic issue with something that is crashing every plane that brand X is used on" I just feel we are being denied the info on whether or not it was "just a cosmetic issue"? Did the OP say "Its just a cosmetic issue"? Sometimes cases have a function. Like a RX where the case helps support the servo plugs? To me its just one of those deals where if its a non-issue why not just present the evidence? Not a witch hunt...I just don't see how it is possible to give a opinion without the details.

I mean we are judging how the manufacturer reacted AFTER THEY REQUESTED AND SAW THE ISSUE VIA PHOTO. Do you think THEY might have wanted the photo to make sure their product did not have a design flaw? I think you are missing my point in that even if it isn't absolutely necessary to know in this specific forum question...If you know a product that will supposedly break by itself why not reveal it? You are right the OP was not condemning a product...but he was kinda condemning the manufacturer...we are just trying to say he isn't because he won't identify them. I just don't see how its not simpler to say "I have product x and it broke like in the photo...Has anyone else experienced this? would you expect it to be warrantied?" How do we know 20 other people havent had this problem in which case all 20 of them, the OP, AND the manufacturer might benefit. If 20 people had them break but said to theirself "I don't want to write the manufacturer because they might think I am criticising them" does the manufacturer benefit or might they have been helped by the info?

Like I said if the facts were such a non-issue why not just expose them? If it is the OP's fault people will not blame the manufacturer...If it looks like it was made poorly people will sympathize with him...Isn't that what the original question was all about? The poster eludes to the fact the damage HE did was somehow partially their fault.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:50 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

You just might be overthinking this situation
Old 05-11-2012, 06:06 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

must be on the front page