Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fresno 2012 Jet Rally, no turbines?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fresno 2012 Jet Rally, no turbines?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:31 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Fresno 2012 Jet Rally, no turbines?

I just heard there are no turbines this year? I just got my old plane down and it will take me till August to change the batteries so I was looking at late summer events?

Is this true and if so why no turbines? One of the funnest events of the year in California IMHO.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Fresno 2012 Jet Rally, no turbines?

Matt,

Don't know about the rumor, but attendance at the last two events was dismal.  2 years ago, there were about 12 pilots which included myself, George, Ken, Kent, Mark, Dave and a few other of the usual suspects.  It was puzzling.  George and I stopped at a mom and pop place on Blackstone and George had his Futaba shirt on.  Amazingly, the checkout guy asked if we were in town for the jet event.  Dougie tried to get something going here on the forum but nobody much responded so they bailed on attending.  I told the club guys that the people in town got the word but it seems they didn't do anything about getting a "buzz" going with the jet guys.  Got the deer in the headlights from the CD when I handed him back the bombing trophy.  In fairness, I was told he became the CD less than 3 weeks before the event.

Last year, it was myself, George, Kent and Mark.  George and I both had broken our jets by 10am Friday and packed out, left and went to a movie.  We also found the best hobby shop we've seen in a long, long time.  Chris and his buddy showed up as we were leaving.  Same deal, people in town knew but no jet guys.  No flyer, no mailing, no e-mail, no buzz on the forum.  Told the club guys as much again.

Surprised to see there's even talk of an event this year.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:30 AM
flyrcjets
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, you covered last year pretty well, me and Chris got there and had the whole place pretty much too ourselves the whole weekend!
I hope they get it together and can put on a event as this was one of the most enjoyable for me in the past, even if it's where I put in my Firebird a few years ago! Where are you Dave!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

There's turbines allowed here next week! Come down for a day and have some no-muss, no-fuss fun.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	xv64200.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	677.2 KB
ID:	1766220  
Old 05-27-2012, 12:55 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: Thud_Driver

Matt,

Don't know about the rumor, but attendance at the last two events was dismal. 2 years ago, there were about 12 pilots which included myself, George, Ken, Kent, Mark, Dave and a few other of the usual suspects. It was puzzling. George and I stopped at a mom and pop place on Blackstone and George had his Futaba shirt on. Amazingly, the checkout guy asked if we were in town for the jet event. Dougie tried to get something going here on the forum but nobody much responded so they bailed on attending. I told the club guys that the people in town got the word but it seems they didn't do anything about getting a ''buzz'' going with the jet guys. Got the deer in the headlights from the CD when I handed him back the bombing trophy. In fairness, I was told he became the CD less than 3 weeks before the event.

Last year, it was myself, George, Kent and Mark. George and I both had broken our jets by 10am Friday and packed out, left and went to a movie. We also found the best hobby shop we've seen in a long, long time. Chris and his buddy showed up as we were leaving. Same deal, people in town knew but no jet guys. No flyer, no mailing, no e-mail, no buzz on the forum. Told the club guys as much again.

They posted the dates on rcu a week before the event. I personally liked the Fresno event. Good fun.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:20 PM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

by the time I heard about it last year there was no time to plan and request time off. hopefully this will be better this year, would like to make another Fresno run.

Kevin
Old 05-27-2012, 02:40 PM
AFTERBURNER1

It is woo woo only now!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Ricco
My Feedback: (11)

Guys you are taking this the wrong way. This is a new event we are trying for electrics and old school gas ducted fans. We have nothing against turbine just trying to do something kinda of new that many people with limited funds can participate in. Just a lay back fun time. The interest the last to years in our event led us to try something new. Foamies ok. Give me a call if you nwant to talk about it. John 559-905-7514.

Thanks

John Riccoboni

Event Organizer
Old 06-09-2012, 05:04 PM
mr_matt

OK so this is a new event got it. Is the old Fresno Jets with turbines happening on another date?

EDIT with enough lead time announcement I think you will get a decent turnout from southern CA.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Ricco

I'm not putting together a turbine event ,just this one. You have Best of West four weeks later. I'm not understanding the problem. There are electric events all over the country. Why Am I feeling like there is some kind of problem?
Old 06-09-2012, 05:38 PM
mr_matt

No problem other than Fresno Jets is no more, it was a great event.

I am sure your event will be great, that is not the issue. I was speaking of the turbine event.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:53 PM
AFTERBURNER1

Fresno was one on my favorites for sure. Lots of pilots and lots of good flying. I would imagine it was the largest money maker for the club as well... We ( so cal group) used to come in droves.... Seemed like the club had no interest in promoting the show the last few years. I even started a thread asking about it. All we got was crickets. Get Dave Fusinato to run it. A+ guy!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Ricco

Matt ,your right it was a great event. Three years ago we had an awesome turnout then the next two years nobody but a few greatly apreciated pilots showed up. Myself and Dave Fusinato started this event in 1994 and it grew from there. Maybe next year we can give turbines a try again. Hope you have an electric jet and can show up. This will be fun.

Thanks

John
Old 06-09-2012, 06:01 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: Ricco

Matt ,your right it was a great event. Three years ago we had an awesome turnout then the next two years nobody but a few greatly apreciated pilots showed up. Myself and Dave Fusinato started this event in 1994 and it grew from there. Maybe next year we can give turbines a try again. Hope you have an electric jet and can show up. This will be fun.

Thanks

John

Your club did not advertise the event. That is why nobody showed up. Sad but true.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:48 PM
mr_matt

Well i can't comment as i did not go the last 2 years but i went 7 or 8 years straight. It was one of the best events if not the best in Ca
Old 06-09-2012, 06:51 PM
AFTERBURNER1

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Well i can't comment as i did not go the last 2 years but i went 7 or 8 years straight. It was one of the best events if not the best in Ca

Yes it was.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Ricco

Well I'm advertising this one right now. Show up and have some fun third weekdend of September.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Ricco

Afterburner, Do I know you?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:27 PM
AFTERBURNER1

Well I'm advertising this one right now. Show up and have some fun third weekdend of September.

Give us ample heads up if you are planning on having a "Turbine/ Edf" version of Fresno Jets" ...
Old 06-09-2012, 07:29 PM
AFTERBURNER1

Afterburner, Do I know you?
Maybe
Old 06-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Ricco

Will do. U know i have a couple of turbines too
Old 06-10-2012, 06:30 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

This may explain why it has n't been going anywhere - but you have to read between the lines. If it is such a great evernt, as several people below have said, then why did two of you deicde to take you toys and go to a movie just because you broke them. It is that attitude that permeates the entire jet turbine group Most of us go to rallies to have fun with our fellow modelers - you seem to go to show off. And if you can't do that then you go home and complain about those who spent less than you..

ORIGINAL: Thud_Driver

Matt,

Don't know about the rumor, but attendance at the last two events was dismal. 2 years ago, there were about 12 pilots which included myself, George, Ken, Kent, Mark, Dave and a few other of the usual suspects. It was puzzling. George and I stopped at a mom and pop place on Blackstone and George had his Futaba shirt on. Amazingly, the checkout guy asked if we were in town for the jet event. Dougie tried to get something going here on the forum but nobody much responded so they bailed on attending. I told the club guys that the people in town got the word but it seems they didn't do anything about getting a "buzz" going with the jet guys. Got the deer in the headlights from the CD when I handed him back the bombing trophy. In fairness, I was told he became the CD less than 3 weeks before the event.

Last year, it was myself, George, Kent and Mark. George and I both had broken our jets by 10am Friday and packed out, left and went to a movie. We also found the best hobby shop we've seen in a long, long time. Chris and his buddy showed up as we were leaving. Same deal, people in town knew but no jet guys. No flyer, no mailing, no e-mail, no buzz on the forum. Told the club guys as much again.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:40 AM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

I found out about Fresno last year after the event, RCU is my lifeline for event info and I saw not so much as a peep for last year, the previous year Doug tried to rally the troops but it apparently went nowhere and attendance reflected the lack of promotion, was a great event the years I attended. good atmosphere and a great bunch of guys, this will be a greatly missed event if it cannot be revived.

Kevin
Old 06-10-2012, 09:33 AM
flyrcjets
My Feedback: (30)

I DON'T search for events and I still knew the Fresno Jet Rally was on last year and attended.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Ricco

Yes its been the 3rd weekend of september since day one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.