Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

RE: spektrum vs JR

Very neatly put Pat, I have been using a DSX9 since starting in jets and have had hundreds of flights on jets and props without so much as a twitch but have used mainly Spektrum receivers on the jets with no issues whatsoever and have 100% trust in them,
    Gary.
    Stuka, P51, Super Chipmunk, Super Stearman R170, BE2e, Javelin, F16, L39, F86, Viperjet and at long last an F4!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: IFlyEm35

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

Is there a reason they can't make a DMSS module for the 12X?
    They have one but, you need a modular 12x (12xMV) to use it. About 95% of the 12x's sold in North America were dedicated 12x's. So much so that Horizon discountinued the 12xMV. I could never figure out why people wanted a dedicated radio? Now, we can clearly see the advantages of a modular system. Fortunately, I bought two of the 12xMV's

Mike

In thought the 12X MV was a 72 mhz setup. I guess not since mine is a dedicated 2.4 but has a module.
    How can yours be a dedicated 2.4 and have a module? If it has a module it's the 12xMV. Otherwise it 's the standard JR12x that has a non removable insert where the module would normally be and it won't have the software for PCM or PPM.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Spektrum and JR are both using us as beta testers, so let the technology mellow a bit, for a better word. Talk to the many that lost planes before the initial software updates. Maybe you should just get a 9 channel from hobby king, at least they know how to rip off the technology. Good luck.

They have one but, you need a modular 12x (12xMV) to use it. About 95% of the 12x's sold in North America were dedicated 12x's. So much so that Horizon discountinued the 12xMV. *I could never figure out why people wanted a dedicated radio? Now, we can clearly see the advantages of a modular system. Fortunately, I bought two of the 12xMV's

Mike

In thought the 12X MV was a 72 mhz setup. I guess not since mine is a dedicated 2.4 but has a module.
    How can yours be a dedicated 2.4 and have a module? If it has a module it's the 12xMV. Otherwise it 's the standard JR12x that has a non removable insert where the module would normally be and it won't have the software for PCM or PPM.

Mike

Though not mine, this is the same radio as mine. Is it not dedicated 2.4 and use a module?

I\'\'\'\'m in a jet!!! What could possibly go wrong?

I think most of the Spektrum radios are made in China. I was under the impression JR was made in Japan. I've owned both. I'd give the edge to JR. Servos, hands down, JR, over all other brands. Not to say Spektrum isn't a good product. I think it is. I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the Spektrum servos were JR quality too. Following excellent preflight protocols will make both brands winners. It's not just the radios as you know.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They have one but, you need a modular 12x (12xMV) to use it. About 95% of the 12x's sold in North America were dedicated 12x's. So much so that Horizon discountinued the 12xMV. I could never figure out why people wanted a dedicated radio? Now, we can clearly see the advantages of a modular system. Fortunately, I bought two of the 12xMV's

Mike

Mike

Though not mine, this is the same radio as mine. Is it not dedicated 2.4 and use a module?

That's not a module, try to remove it It's in place of a module and it's fixed in the radio. The atennae is hard wired into the radio as well. Even if you were able to remove it, the radio doesn't have the firmware to run anything but Spektrum 2.4 anyway. To run the DMSS module, the radio needs to be able to transmit in PPM as that's the protocol recognised by the DMSS module.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I believe the word is "moot"...

ORIGINAL: stoneenforcer

this is a mute thread
    \"I ran out of ideas and altitude at the same time...\"

\"The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves..!!!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it is but i didn't bother pointing it out since the comment is stupid anyway

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

I believe the word is "moot"...

ORIGINAL: stoneenforcer

this is a mute thread

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234