Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR Radio future business plan (?)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR Radio future business plan (?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 07:09 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Radio future business plan (?)

OK, sorry this may be a re-hash of sub topics in other threads, but really hoping that some people in the know chime in here and shed some light.
it has been seen that JR is introducing their own 2.4 system, and departing from the US born 'Spektrum' 2.4 system. i personally have no issue with this, im that big of a JR fan. i also would be an early adopter of the JR DMSS without too much problem, i would simply keep a DX18 for the Horizon BNF stuff that we all seem to collect..

but im at a point where the 18MZ is looking pretty nice, and i have no problem waiting for a JR version if i knew it was in the pipeline, even a year out or more. (yes im that big of a JR nerd)

again, sorry for the re-hash, and dont want this to be a Ford vs Chevy thread. hopefully it will turn into a new product sneak peek? (wishful thinking)
funny, as i typed the line above i was reminded that i am a life long Chevy buyer, and i now have a month old Ford Flex..... Hmmmmmmm.[X(]
Old 06-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Samedayservice

Default RE: JR Radio future business plan (?)

http://www.jrpropo.co.jp/english/news/

Old 06-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

You didn't hear it from me...but its worth you waiting. I'm not going into specifics as when I spoke with my JR Japan contact they hadn't settled totally on channels...but as everyone can guess something is coming, but it could be next year....

I'm like a stick of Rock (cut me and it will say JR Propo) and JR has looked after my fleet of toys and given me very little to be sad about in 30 years of flying JR (we had the first ever 27mhz JR Propo set in the UK-before there was an agent) and that is everything to a hobby that is for fun.

Dw
Old 06-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Likewise, I'm hoping that JR continues to support those of us who use their high end systems. The DX-18, from what I have been able to tell from playing with it, is just a 10 ch radio with a few extra channels for mixing, but until they come up with an 18 ch receiver system, it is not very useful IMO....
Old 06-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Ozmodeller

ORIGINAL: Wayne22

Likewise, I'm hoping that JR continues to support those of us who use their high end systems. The DX-18, from what I have been able to tell from playing with it, is just a 10 ch radio with a few extra channels for mixing, but until they come up with an 18 ch receiver system, it is not very useful IMO....
Not quite true, it is 12 ch radio if you use a 12 ch rx, I am sure that they will come out with much more in coming months. Also, I find the programming to be more intuitive than JR, I have been using JR exclusively for last 30years so to move to the DX18 for me was a big jump but so far I am very happy with it.

Peter
Old 06-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Whether it is 10 or 12 channels, it still falls short of the 18 they imply..... and it is not JR.

I do agree that the software is very nice to navigate around, and very intuitive...
Old 06-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Ozmodeller

No its not a JR but I don't believe that is a bad thing, as I said I used JR exclusively for a long time as I believed it to be superior to what out there, I have had a play with Futaba and others but did not find the programming as good as JR, the DX18 in my opinion (and it is only my opinion) is superior to JR as far as programming is concerned. Also, I was a little disappointed that JR went to a totally different 2.4 protocol which would have made my many rx's redundant.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:43 PM
lightningmcnulty
My Feedback: (11)

I thought it was full proportional on all 18 with the expansion rx!?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:26 PM
jtlittle
My Feedback: (7)

Basically Spektrum is the cookie monster and has gobbled up a huge part of the lowend/highprofit radios. Believe it or not thousands of 2ch/3ch radios are sols to every four channel much less high end sets. Futaba has hung on because radios are a minute part of their business. I do not know but it would not surprise me if Spek monster gobbled up JR in the future. They would not want the modelers to know because we are conditioned to the premium brand and pricing of JR. What would happen is Spek would start rebranding their equipment as "JR" also maintaining a huge profit margin. I have no proof but I think it has already begun.  My $0.02 worth.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:31 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: jtlittle

Basically Spektrum is the cookie monster and has gobbled up a huge part of the lowend/highprofit radios. Believe it or not thousands of 2ch/3ch radios are sols to every four channel much less high end sets. Futaba has hung on because radios are a minute part of their business. I do not know but it would not surprise me if Spek monster gobbled up JR in the future. They would not want the modelers to know because we are conditioned to the premium brand and pricing of JR. What would happen is Spek would start rebranding their equipment as ''JR'' also maintaining a huge profit margin. I have no proof but I think it has already begun. My $0.02 worth.

You do know that JR is a totally different company, based in Japan and founded in 1979 right? You also know that JR is sold allover the world and has a bigger market share outside the U.S.? JR was late to the game with their DMSS 2.4 solution, but I doubt that they will be bought out by the U.S. (Horizon Hobby)-owned Spektrum.

Oh, and BTW, the low-end 2- 3-channel market is dominated by brands other than Spektrum, JR, or Futaba...

Bob

Bob
Old 06-16-2012, 04:15 PM
jtlittle
My Feedback: (7)

DO you know JR manufactures nothing. I have been in the hobby for fourty years. I have friends who have worked for a JAPAN manufacturer for 30 years. Like I said I DONOTKNOWFORAFACT. One fact is there will be some big changes to come and they will mostly be behind the scenes.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:01 AM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JR is their own company and has produced radios since the 1970's. I can say without reservation that JR does produce radios. Been there, seen it. They also have a manufacturing plant outside of Japan down in Mylasia. JR continues to add to their line and I am sure will in the upcoming future.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:51 AM
indubitably
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

You didn't hear it from me...but its worth you waiting. I'm not going into specifics as when I spoke with my JR Japan contact they hadn't settled totally on channels...but as everyone can guess something is coming, but it could be next year....

I'm like a stick of Rock (cut me and it will say JR Propo) and JR has looked after my fleet of toys and given me very little to be sad about in 30 years of flying JR (we had the first ever 27mhz JR Propo set in the UK-before there was an agent) and that is everything to a hobby that is for fun.

Dw
Dont you sell Futaba??? Also??? Isnt it risky taking a side like that?