Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 02:56 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

HiCurrent,

None of us here are dodging responsibility. You apparently found us by looking at the label we placed intentionally on our products with tracking numbers, website address and item number. On our website's showroom we also paste the building threads that can lead you to here. All are pointing our customers to our customer service center so you can find help from us. We have some jets that have manuals from companies like FB, Ripmax, etc. Some, like JL that doesn't so we have build threads available as an alternative manual.

I don't think that there is a law requiring having a manual in California. If you have any question, then come down to our Irvine location from Cypress. It's only a 15 minutes drive down here when it's not in a rush hour with freeway full of attorneys coming to work in Irvine.

Other people might ask why we are here trying to defend ourselves. The point is that you made the decide to fly and ripped the tires off while you have all the chance to contact us if you have any question and concern. We have responded to your emails and answered you all the questions you have. We are a responsible dealer doing the after sale services even you didn't buy that directly from us. My question is that should you be responsible for your action to make the decision to fly the jet knowing that you have a flat tire? Should you be responsible for buying a jet without a manual, knowing that you think you can't fly without a manual?

We have spare tires (solid version) on the way to our Irvine location, and you can contact us for purchasing the replacement tires that you can pick up locally. Thank you.

Regards

Last edited by mikedenilin; 04-01-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:59 PM
mikedenilin

FireFighterFSFD. We are checking with factory for the radio setting for you. Stay tuned or call Jose. Free of charge, no peanuts, I think he is allergic to it.

Mike
Old 04-01-2014, 03:13 PM
FireFighterFSFD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have talked with Jose. VERY helpful and nice. I actually just bought a jet central rabbit from him for that very reason. I highly encourage people to speak with him when considering your next purchase. He is researching it for me and will contact me when he finds the information. I am actually a little nervous about the retracts now because of the lack of information available. Is no one running them anywhere but me?
Old 04-01-2014, 06:22 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Here is the intersting part. this thread has like 10 posts today and it makes it to the #2 spot on the homepage?? WOW
Old 04-01-2014, 08:40 PM
jetster81

When I buy a new plane,or car,or toaster, I research my potential purchase thoroughly and like others I need to spend my money wisely as I am not so well heeled these days. I stumbled upon the JL Viper by accident as it was not what I was really what I was looking for but having looked on this site and others I changed my mind because of all the positive feed back. Mine is arriving this week from my local dealer who has answered all my questions honestly so I know exactly what I am getting,I know there is no manual,I know it will be supplied with solid tyres,I know that the good CG is 35mm behind the factory recommend ,I know I have sufficient experience to construct,maintain and fly this plane. I will check thoroughly every aspect of this model and if I find anything suspect this plane will not leave the ground without my making the appropriate enquiries. The responsibility is mine and no one else's .

Last edited by jetster81; 04-01-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:13 AM
fredo

Exactly as said above, responibility is ours. All these composite models require some degree of building skills and it's not exactly meant for novices in building. I have built two Krill Katanas and CompArf GeeBee. None of these had instructions. It should be expected before you purchase, you know what you are getting. Btw, my Viper should be here at the end of this month. Can't wait.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:57 AM
FireFighterFSFD

has anyone had trouble with calling them?

Last edited by FireFighterFSFD; 04-02-2014 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:31 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

It is our responsibility BUT we should be able to assume minor things, like the tires dont come off the rims. While one can look at this type of stuff, we tend to rely on the fact others have been sucessful. However given thenumber of changes in this jet that keep happening (strut type changes, tire changes, wing bolt changes, concrete in the nose changes) that all goes out the window.

Mine had an issue where I put everything rearword and ended up very tail heavy. I did this based on other's recommendations. However suddenly they stopped putting concrete in the nose and I got screwed.

I finally just competed my 2nd install (or reinstall) to get things back forward and get some weight out of the nose. I think my viper will be 1 lb less.

However I did check the CG so it was all good BUT it caused a lot of headaches, case and point, you cant rely on information in this thread at all given the # of changes!

There needs to be a manual. I know several chinese girls who speak great english and chinese, would not be hard to hire one of them to translate a manual.

Last edited by essyou35; 04-02-2014 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:04 AM
fredo

Essyou35, I realise that, there will always be some room for improvement. You get that in all kits. I'm just thinking,for the amount of money you spend, it still sounds like a pretty good deal and I know what others cost. I'm new to jets but with your cg I think regardless weather you have concrete in your nose or not, once you set your CG 30mm behind the wing tube ( or whatever that is) it should be the same as everyone elses. They are all the same airframes (shapewise), that means they will have common cg. Having weight in the nose or not will only make you shift your gear either more forward or backward only to achieve the same result....just my way of thinking.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:31 PM
FlyEng
My Feedback: (5)

The GJC JL Viper is my first composite turbine. I ordered it after speaking with Jose at Ky Jets and seeing him fly his countless times. This thread and GJC were great sources of help and i love this Jet. I will continue to be a customer of GJC due to their customer service and guidance.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:43 PM
FireFighterFSFD

GJC is pretty awesome. Jose is extremely helpful.
Malcolm Kay is also a huge help.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:45 PM
HiCurrent

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike,
The jet legend wheel is anything but intuitive about it operation. It has no nipple to let people know that it is inflatable. As for your argument about the car tires. The car manufacturer included the driver manual telling peoples about the low pressure icon. When the icon is visible, the driver should pump their tire up. I supposed you have the similar instructions that you attached in the box ?????????

The manual is not necessary done by the manufacturer (this is the contract between the manufacturer and the reseller). Whoever sells the product to the end user needs to provide it.
As for giving more money to you ? No way. I'm done buying anymore product came from GTC. I'll make sure everyone I know realized that too.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:18 PM
mikedenilin

Hi Current.

Not a problem whether you do business with us or not. We all have the right to buy from or to sell to whomever. This is a build thread that tells people how to properly build and fly this awesome Jet Legend Viper. I hope you can benefit from this thread whether you have a printed manual or not. To us this is the best place to get building and flying tips.

Should you ever change your mind. We are just an email or phone call away. Thanks.

Mike
Old 04-03-2014, 10:04 PM
FireFighterFSFD

Mike can you help me with my retract problem?
Old 04-03-2014, 10:56 PM
mikedenilin

Sure. My team is check with Jet legend factory to get the setting. Jose and Mandy have been working on it. Thanks. Mike
Old 04-04-2014, 02:10 AM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Hi Josh,

I have been working on this for you I have not forgotten about you at all buddy. Like I told you I don't believe we Global Jet Club have sold one of these Viper with the electric gear. For this very same reason. Also I know you purchased this from Malkam and we Global are doing everything to help you even though it was not purchased through us.

I keep my word and I told you I would help get you the info on this and that's what I'm doing. Sometimes the Factories are not the quickest in responding.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2014, 05:28 AM
FireFighterFSFD

I have received a response from my email to jet legend and they researching the issue and said they would be in contact with me next week. He said they are very very busy at the moment and apologizes for any delay in responses from anyone's email.
I honestly feel like they will take care of the issue and I am not worried. I am a little worried about the time frame in which I would like to finish the plane but there is not much at this point I can do. I would buy another jet from jet legend through Malcolm or global with out any hesitation if I had to do it all again so please so not take any of my frustration from a minor landing gear problem as a deciding factor in to whether you would place a order with one of these guys. The jet is beautiful. Seems to be built very well and from what I have seen they fly absolutely incredible.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:02 AM
mikedenilin

Ok. This is a test of your skill in Chinese. Got some response from our tech guy in China.
I will try to translate that but correct me just in case my translation is wrong.

正确的接法是起落架和刹车连接遥控器的比例通道,不能连接开关通道。原因是起落架的音序器默认的通道行程为 100%,比如FUTABA遥控器的开关行程是120%,这样音序器就有可能无法识别。

一般情况下将音序器的起落架插头连接遥控器的起落架通道,刹车插头连接一个旋钮通道(可以调整刹车力度,如 果连接行程为100%的开关通道就是完全刹死)。

但如果遇到非正常开关机(比如关机后再开机时遥控的起落架或者刹车开关不在正确的位置上)可能会出现指示灯 闪烁的现象,检查开关位置重新开关机就可以了。

mike
Old 04-04-2014, 06:06 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From Google translate

Proper connection is connected to the remote landing gear and brakes proportion channel, you can not connect the switch channel. The reason is that the landing gear default channel sequencer 100% of stroke, such as the remote control switch FUTABA trip is 120%, so that the sequencer may have unrecognized.

Under normal circumstances the landing gear sequencer plug connector channel remote control landing gear, brake knob passage of a plug connector (you can adjust the braking force, if the connection is 100% of the trip is complete brake switch channels dead).

However, if you encounter a non-normal switch (such as when a power-cycle the remote landing gear or brake switch is not in the correct position) may appear flickering lights, check the switch position switch on it again.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:18 AM
FireFighterFSFD

Proper connections are connected to the remote landing gear and brakes proportion channel already, you can not connect it to a switch channel. The reason is that the landing gear default channel sequencer is 100% of travel, such as the switch FUTABA trip is 120%, so the sequencer may have unrecognized it.
Under normal operation, the landing gear sequencer line is in the channel for landing gear and the brake knob passage of a plug connector (you can adjust the braking force, if the connection is 100% of the trip is complete brake switch channels dead). However, if you encounter a non-normal switch such as when a power-cycle the remote landing gear or brake switch is not in the correct position,it may appear flickering lights. Check the switch position switch on it again.

i have done this and still nothing. I also do not know if they want it to be at 6 volts or something different. If it is supposed to be 6 volts then why the are very very weak when lowering.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:53 AM
mikedenilin

Great Translation. It's quite accurate in meaning. Thank you Mark and Google.

Josh, What radio do you use? What's the ATV on each channel? so you can get it to move up and down, but just very slow? Here is a picture of the factory setup.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JL Electric brake set up..jpg
Views:	261
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	1984009  
Old 04-04-2014, 08:33 AM
FireFighterFSFD

Yea that is how mine looks.
I am using a 8fg
6.2 vvolts
I am using channels 7 and 8 so it is not in his mode
endpoints I have move all over. Maxed out, 30/30, 100/100, everything. No luck.
If you push the red button they will go up and down. But if you turn your radio on they will not.
Never got the brakes to do anything
if I push the button and just put my finger against the gear as they are coming down they will stop and not move until I hit the button again but they go back up.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:42 AM
mikedenilin

If you put resistance on the gear, the current sensor will stop the movement when the current drain reached the preset limit. You would have to cycle the gear and get rid of resistance.

Have you tried Channel 1 & 2 or use a different radio? I think it's more of software issue since the red button still works.

Mike
Old 04-04-2014, 10:44 AM
FireFighterFSFD

Yes 3 different Rx'S
3 different radios
2 different brands. Futaba and Hitec.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:44 PM
mikedenilin

Looks like we are running out of options to resolve it. We have been selling the air system as the air system has already proven reliable, so we have not switched to the electric version until we actually test it and certify it before releasing it to our customers. Would it be possible that Malcolm can replace you with a new controller after he tests it out and makes sure it works. I have told our tech guys to buy a set and test it out first then we can find solutions for you, but it's going to take time to get it done while you are just so close to maiden this jet. Perhaps you can test fly it with gear down setting first, and then wait for the replacement unit from Malcolm. Regards,

Jeff, hopefully your UK jet guys have better suggestions and solution to help us.

Regards,

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.