Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 04:29 AM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zelayaroberto
Paul,
Thank you for sharing your settings, it will help me a lot.
I live in El Salvador and bought the viper from a hobby shop in Guatemala, RC Americas, the owner, Juan Pablo Castillo was at Florida Jets but I don't know if he bought the jet in there.
The boxes have a code starting GJC and a number, so I guess that's for Global Jet Company.
He is an extremely talented rc pilot and a better person.
Cheers,

Roberto
I have a DX 18 and I'm the one who set up Pual and Mikes Viper. The problem is that I don't know how to up load the file. If someone knows how please let me know and I could do it later on first chance I get.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:18 AM
zelayaroberto

Originally Posted by rcjets12
I have a DX 18 and I'm the one who set up Pual and Mikes Viper. The problem is that I don't know how to up load the file. If someone knows how please let me know and I could do it later on first chance I get.
Hi Jose,

I will post step by step instructions for that, but basically inside the system menú of the DX18 you need to copy the model to the memory card, then you take the memory card and put in a computer and copy the file of the model from the memory card to the computer, then you could email me the file and I will figure it out how to post it here on RCU.
My email is [email protected] or [email protected]
Thanks

Roberto
Old 04-21-2014, 12:51 PM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

Hi Jose,

I will post step by step instructions for that, but basically inside the system menú of the DX18 you need to copy the model to the memory card, then you take the memory card and put in a computer and copy the file of the model from the memory card to the computer, then you could email me the file and I will figure it out how to post it here on RCU.
My email is [email protected] or [email protected]
Thanks

Roberto
ok will do first chance I get maybe tonight.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:59 AM
zelayaroberto

Dear Friends,

I arrived to point to be ready to balance. I had checked everything and I think Im good to go.

All system are tested, turbine is working perfect, retracts good, brakes good, ailerons, flaps, elevators compensation for flaps good.

All I am missing is to know if I should balance this jet in upright position or upside down. I know that low wing planes need to be balanced upside down but I read somewhere that this jet dont. So please help me clarify.

Thanks

Roberto
Old 04-22-2014, 05:58 AM
mtnflyer14

Roberto,
Here is a quote from the Viperjet Tech sheet I have:
"After testing out various locations we have found the sweet spot to be at the front opening of the main hatch in
line with the intakes. You should balance your plane with the GEAR UP and your UAT / Header tank full and the
main fuel tanks empty. In this location the nose of the plane should dip down slightly. '
If you are familiar with the Vanessa Rig to measure CG position, it works very well with the Viperjet. Or, you can just get some help from a friend and put the airplane in the correct configuration and measure it by lifting it with your fingertips under the fuselage/wing. Everyone I know balanced the airplane upright.
Regards,
Gus
Old 04-22-2014, 06:05 AM
zelayaroberto

Originally Posted by mtnflyer14
Roberto,
Here is a quote from the Viperjet Tech sheet I have:
"After testing out various locations we have found the sweet spot to be at the front opening of the main hatch in
line with the intakes. You should balance your plane with the GEAR UP and your UAT / Header tank full and the
main fuel tanks empty. In this location the nose of the plane should dip down slightly. '
If you are familiar with the Vanessa Rig to measure CG position, it works very well with the Viperjet. Or, you can just get some help from a friend and put the airplane in the correct configuration and measure it by lifting it with your fingertips under the fuselage/wing. Everyone I know balanced the airplane upright.
Regards,
Gus
Thank you Gus,

Now, I forgot to mention that I dont know if I should balance upright or upside down?

Kind regards,
Old 04-22-2014, 09:53 AM
zelayaroberto

Thank you Gus,

Now, I forgot to mention that I dont know if I should balance upright or upside down?

Kind regards,
Sorry Gus, I didn´t read the last past regarding the upright position.

Have a great day.

Roberto
Old 04-22-2014, 09:54 AM
M3Baker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Friends,

I arrived to point to be ready to balance. I had checked everything and I think Im good to go.

All system are tested, turbine is working perfect, retracts good, brakes good, ailerons, flaps, elevators compensation for flaps good.

All I am missing is to know if I should balance this jet in upright position or upside down. I know that low wing planes need to be balanced upside down but I read somewhere that this jet dont. So please help me clarify.

Thanks

Roberto
Roberto
Balance right side up with the UAT tank full. 35 mm back from the center of the wing tube is perfect for this jet.
Best of luck and let us know how the maiden flight goes.
Paul
Old 04-22-2014, 09:55 AM
zelayaroberto

Originally Posted by M3Baker
Roberto
Balance right side up with the UAT tank full. 35 mm back from the center of the wing tube is perfect for this jet.
Best of luck and let us know how the maiden flight goes.
Paul
Thank you Paul.

I will let you know.

Have a great day.

Roberto
Old 04-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Roberto,

I wrote up the tech sheet and this is how I did my balance. You can see the spot on the front of the hatch opening where I held it and I put the main hatch sidewards on the opening and made sure it sat a little nose down.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jeremy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20121111_012654130_iOS.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	1989062  
Old 04-22-2014, 01:53 PM
zelayaroberto

Originally Posted by Jeremy_D
Hi Roberto,

I wrote up the tech sheet and this is how I did my balance. You can see the spot on the front of the hatch opening where I held it and I put the main hatch sidewards on the opening and made sure it sat a little nose down.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Jeremy
Million thanks!
A pic worth more than a thousand words.
Very thankful.
Roberto
Old 04-24-2014, 07:28 PM
zelayaroberto

Anyone experienced "pinched" airlines when assembly the wings to the fuse?
Any ideas how to avoid it?
Thanks,.

Roberto
Old 04-24-2014, 07:39 PM
jetster81

I had that Roberto but it was my assembly technique, shorten the tubing as much as you dare and it helps to cure it
Old 04-24-2014, 07:46 PM
VF84sluggo
My Feedback: (55)

Yes indeed, I did. My solution was just to bite the bullet and re-plumb the thing with 3mm line, and be done with it. No issues since, well worth the couple of hours' work.

My only regret was the waste of money on the pre-wired/plumbed version. I also ended up replacing the servo extensions once I discovered the ailerons/flaps, and elevator/rudder were sharing the positive and negative wires for most of the length of the extensions. I'd rather have each servo attached to it's own dedicated extension.

Sluggo
Old 04-24-2014, 07:53 PM
zelayaroberto

Thanks guys.

Roberto
Old 04-26-2014, 03:31 PM
M3Baker

Roberto,
Did you fly the jet today?
Paul
Old 04-26-2014, 03:43 PM
zelayaroberto

Originally Posted by M3Baker
Roberto,
Did you fly the jet today?
Paul
Dear friends and Paul,

I maiden the Viper today, it was a success!
Everything worked perfectly, I used all the recommended rates, settings, cg, etc.
I had a very experienced jet pilot next to me just in case but I did the take-off, trimming and landing!
One last thing, this was my first jet ever! And it is so easy to fly.
My first flight of the day was in a sports jet of this friend of mine, after that flight it was the turn of the viper.
My legs were shaken, but I followed every advice I had receive and well it was a sweet landing.

Cheers everyone.

Roberto.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations Roberto!!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:14 PM
M3Baker

Dear friends and Paul,

I maiden the Viper today, it was a success!
Everything worked perfectly, I used all the recommended rates, settings, cg, etc.
I had a very experienced jet pilot next to me just in case but I did the take-off, trimming and landing!
One last thing, this was my first jet ever! And it is so easy to fly.
My first flight of the day was in a sports jet of this friend of mine, after that flight it was the turn of the viper.
My legs were shaken, but I followed every advice I had receive and well it was a sweet landing.

Cheers everyone.

Roberto.
Roberto,
I am so happy for you. You did not tell us this was your first jet ever. Congratulations on a successful maiden and now you are hooked! This is a great segment of the hobby and it is thrilling every time I fly my jets.
Best of luck and enjoy your new viper!
Paul
Old 04-26-2014, 07:33 PM
M3Baker

Originally Posted by VF84sluggo
Yes indeed, I did. My solution was just to bite the bullet and re-plumb the thing with 3mm line, and be done with it. No issues since, well worth the couple of hours' work.

My only regret was the waste of money on the pre-wired/plumbed version. I also ended up replacing the servo extensions once I discovered the ailerons/flaps, and elevator/rudder were sharing the positive and negative wires for most of the length of the extensions. I'd rather have each servo attached to it's own dedicated extension.

Sluggo
Sluggo,
My jet was rewired too. Put all HD extensions in it. Funny, I had the same problem as Roberto with a pinched air line. I guess I better re plumb the air lines to 3mm as well. When Jose maidened mine we had a small air leak so we re plumbed from the valves to the disconnects for the wing attachments. Now I guess I better finish it to the gear and brakes and be done with it.
One more thing, did you get the Viper that was painted in Gator colors?
Paul
Old 04-26-2014, 10:16 PM
zelayaroberto

There is one little detail that is bothering me, the servo on the front wheel assembly is rubbing against the metal part on the landing gear, how do you solved that problem? Thanks
Roberto
Old 04-27-2014, 06:16 AM
M3Baker

Here are a few pictures of my nose steering servo. Notice that the servo is dropped in from the top.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	666.7 KB
ID:	1990400   Click image for larger version

Views:	124
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	1990401   Click image for larger version

Views:	104
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	1990403  
Old 04-27-2014, 06:24 AM
M3Baker

One more to show nose gear linkage.

Views:	106
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	1990405  
Old 04-27-2014, 01:53 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Paul nice work on the the nose gear. Why did you switch it out with CF?
Old 04-27-2014, 02:09 PM
M3Baker

Originally Posted by essyou35
Paul nice work on the the nose gear. Why did you switch it out with CF?
Essyou,
I had the jet built. Jose from GJC built it for me and he wanted to do some extras. It also has a CF tray on the top side. He did a fantastic build on this jet. Everything is really clean and neat.
Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.