Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD

Old 06-23-2015, 11:41 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Got several flights over the weekend on my viper. With the k140G vertical takeoffs are possible. I did an emmelman out everytime.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:56 PM
gsmarino2000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Viper is no longer perfect. Flew it a bunch at our club's Jet Rally this weekend. On one flight, the nose gear stuck up and would not extend no matter what I did, so I had to land it on the mains and let the nose slide on the pavement. My fault completely. I didn't have one of the battery packs in the nose secured well enough and it had moved into the way of the nosegear servo and steering linkage.

I have the Ferrari red/black scheme. The gloss black paint I can easily match, but this chipped some of the red away as well. Has anyone found a touch up to match the red? Or do you know a pantone number?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 06-29-2015, 06:50 PM
gsmarino2000

Here's a couple of pictures of my VJ from the Jet Rally this weekend.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GregRC-2218_small.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	2106484   Click image for larger version

Name:	GregRC-1247_Small.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	454.6 KB
ID:	2106485  
Old 06-29-2015, 08:16 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Due to accidental bumping of the gear switch on take off roll i'm in need of a few landing gear parts if any one has any they want to part with let me know.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:04 AM
barger

Originally Posted by gsmarino2000
My Viper is no longer perfect. Flew it a bunch at our club's Jet Rally this weekend. On one flight, the nose gear stuck up and would not extend no matter what I did, so I had to land it on the mains and let the nose slide on the pavement. My fault completely. I didn't have one of the battery packs in the nose secured well enough and it had moved into the way of the nosegear servo and steering linkage.

I have the Ferrari red/black scheme. The gloss black paint I can easily match, but this chipped some of the red away as well. Has anyone found a touch up to match the red? Or do you know a pantone number?

Thanks,

Greg
Greg I have been corresponding with the jetllegend factory often and they seem to answer email questions.Maybe they can help with paint code,Just a thought.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:32 AM
M3Baker

Originally Posted by KC36330
Due to accidental bumping of the gear switch on take off roll i'm in need of a few landing gear parts if any one has any they want to part with let me know.
KC, let me know what you need and we will see what we can do.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 06-30-2015, 05:35 AM
M3Baker

Originally Posted by gsmarino2000

Thanks,
Greg
For small touch up areas I've had good success with fingernail polish. Lots of available colors to match. Some of the Testors colors match up well too.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:47 AM
KC36330

Originally Posted by M3Baker
KC, let me know what you need and we will see what we can do.
Thanks,
Paul

Paul, i had ordered a break hub from GJC but it turned out to be the wrong size, i managed to get the old hub machined and a new air nipple installed last night so i just need some scissor link parts that are just ugly from road rash, had got word a few folks on this thread had incidents with their Vipers and may have some spare gears for a reasonable price so thought i'd ask.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:49 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

KC you flying again?
Old 06-30-2015, 06:54 AM
KC36330

Originally Posted by FenderBean
KC you flying again?
I never stopped, just all the drama queens at the local fields we are selective when/where we fly.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:56 AM
FenderBean

Cool deal, my times almost up here so if my first request doesnt work out, my 2nd will be to come back to Rucker and teach. Miss those nice flying locations, I have no local clubs here
Old 06-30-2015, 08:51 AM
M3Baker

Originally Posted by KC36330
Paul, i had ordered a break hub from GJC but it turned out to be the wrong size, i managed to get the old hub machined and a new air nipple installed last night so i just need some scissor link parts that are just ugly from road rash, had got word a few folks on this thread had incidents with their Vipers and may have some spare gears for a reasonable price so thought i'd ask.
I will see what's available, if anything. It's the least I can do for the guy who signed my turbine waiver!
Old 06-30-2015, 09:38 AM
essyou35

I could also use the front strut scissors too if you got any.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:03 AM
mike3841

At last, my viper was given it's maiden by Jason Fletcher on Monday June 29,after one more flight to sort out the gyro (iGyro 3e)
I had two flights with it. Like you all agree they fly great, on rails with the gyro but only a light wind. My viper is powered by
a Jets Munt 100, servos all Savox 20 kg on flaps and elevator 10kg on ailerons and rudder. Wing tip lights are by Braincube.
Rx is a 14 ch Futaba powered by two LiFe bats through a Power Box sensor switch. The fuel system uses two smoke tanks
at the rear and a 1.5 ltr in the front as described by Mark V in an earlier post. Cg is 30mm to the rear of the original position
(latest kits have a mark about 20mm to the rear.). I am using crow braking. Now looking forward to more flying, for you guys
in Australia we had our hottest July day ever, 36C.

Regards to you all, Mike T.

Name:	viper.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	3.45 MB
ID:	2106888  
Old 07-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Jason R.

Congrats on the maiden Mike, hope you enjoy many more flights on this fine jet. Thanks for mentioning the 36C, I wish i was there we are having a rather cool winter and it reached a high of 15C yesterday. On my way to field to fly some more today though.

Jason
Old 07-12-2015, 09:37 AM
gsmarino2000

I wasn't at Jets over Kentucky but it looks like there were several JL Viperjets flying. Here is a military scheme I have not seen on this airframe before.

Greg

Name:	IMG_9800_01.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	874.1 KB
ID:	2108685   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9806_01.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	500.7 KB
ID:	2108686  
Old 07-12-2015, 10:20 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Greg,

Good eyes, You caught our new Jolly Roger paint scheme. We just loaded them up in our container. They will arrive in California end of this month.

Here is the link

http://www.globaljetclub.com/AIRCRAF.../JL-1-9M-Viper

Thanks,

Mike
Old 07-12-2015, 10:28 PM
fredo

Hi guys
I haven't been on this site for a long time. Believe or not, exactly a year ago I got my viper ready to maiden and sadly it has never eventuated.
My work load and constant travel intensified so much, that I had almost no time for myself. And when I did have a bit of time I chose to fly my certified Imac plane just to get some stick time. I feel quite embarassed about this and decided to finally do something about it.
I brought it to the field to get it checked and did some take off rolls up and down the runway to get the feel of it. I think I have regained the bug, which left me for a whole year. I will hopefully maiden her next weekend. Fingers crossed these strong westerly winds will calm down.
wish me luck.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:18 PM
barger

Originally Posted by fredo
Hi guys
I haven't been on this site for a long time. Believe or not, exactly a year ago I got my viper ready to maiden and sadly it has never eventuated.
My work load and constant travel intensified so much, that I had almost no time for myself. And when I did have a bit of time I chose to fly my certified Imac plane just to get some stick time. I feel quite embarassed about this and decided to finally do something about it.
I brought it to the field to get it checked and did some take off rolls up and down the runway to get the feel of it. I think I have regained the bug, which left me for a whole year. I will hopefully maiden her next weekend. Fingers crossed these strong westerly winds will calm down.
wish me luck.
May the force be with you Fredo......Just received shipping notification on mine its due thurs afternoon I will post some unboxing pics when it arrives!
Old 07-13-2015, 06:33 PM
FenderBean

Been watching Jose and Paul fly their vipers, pretty amazing jet. The CG range is pretty impressive as well since Jose has his tanks waaaay back to help get the weight off the nose and Pauls is the normal setup with the fuel more forward. Takes a little more runway but once airborne they both seem to fly the same. The light kit look nice on them as well, good luck on the the maiden and the build. If you need any help Paul aka M3Baker is on here a lot so he can help.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:45 PM
M3Baker

For those of you who were needing landing gear parts, please go to our new website www.globaljetclub.com and go to the parts section listing for jet legend viper. Send an email to [email protected]. Let them know which part you need and you will get a price quote back. It would also be helpful to take a picture of the part needed. I talked to Mike at Kentucky Jets last week and he has assured me that you can get whatever landing gear part needed.
Thanks!
Paul
Old 07-13-2015, 06:57 PM
M3Baker

Originally Posted by fredo
Hi guys
wish me luck.
Fredo, welcome back mate!
Let us know how your jet flys. The Jet Legend 1.9M Viper is a great model. Easy to fly and has all the speed you need for those fast hair raising passes, lol. Very true flying jet if set up properly. If you're flying IMAC, then it should be a piece of cake. A lot of folks (not me) are using some crow for stable slow landings. It's just a personal preference.
Time for some thunder from the land down under baby!
Post pics or video please.
Have fun, let me know if I can help.
Paul

Last edited by M3Baker; 07-13-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:45 PM
fredo

Fredo, welcome back mate!
Let us know how your jet flys. The Jet Legend 1.9M Viper is a great model. Easy to fly and has all the speed you need for those fast hair raising passes, lol. Very true flying jet if set up properly. If you're flying IMAC, then it should be a piece of cake. A lot of folks (not me) are using some crow for stable slow landings. It's just a personal preference.
Time for some thunder from the land down under baby!
Post pics or video please.
Have fun, let me know if I can help.
Paul
Thanks I'll do my best.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:55 AM
essyou35

The problem I have is I need a $10 part with $35 EMS shipping.
I do not understand why parts are not stocked locally given how many of these are out there.
Im just fixing things until I get enough parts needed to justify the shipping cost.

For those of you who were needing landing gear parts, please go to our new website www.globaljetclub.com and go to the parts section listing for jet legend viper. Send an email to [email protected]. Let them know which part you need and you will get a price quote back. It would also be helpful to take a picture of the part needed. I talked to Mike at Kentucky Jets last week and he has assured me that you can get whatever landing gear part needed.
Thanks!
Paul
Old 07-14-2015, 07:44 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I bought an auto part on line and it costs me $5 plus $19.99 shipping. It is still cheaper than I pick it up at my local dealer for $49.95. We stock only most popular parts such as tires and flex plates. Other parts are available upon request. If we are selling thousands of these jets, then we will definitely stock unique parts. You can also request transshipment option so your parts are bundled in our monthly parts shipment so it will only cost you local shipping cost but it takes longer to get it.

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.