Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Longest Eurosport build ever....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Longest Eurosport build ever....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 02:39 AM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Longest Eurosport build ever....

Purchased one of the original Fiberclassic Eurosports from Don Kanak of Planes Plus at Superman 2002, and just now getting to the point of doing the radio equipment install. The Euro is outfitted with full gear doors, full length intake ducts (no bypass), speed brake & semi cockpit detailing. Power will be a JC P-120 blowing through a Tam bifurcated pipe & scale nozzles.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33251.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1775554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95264.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	1775555  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:44 AM
Countryboy

Default RE: Longest Eurosport build ever....

Hope to have it finished by Ky Jets, time will tell. If not, at least I will be that much further along in having it completed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23284.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	1775556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa84770.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	1775557  
Old 06-25-2012, 04:11 AM
FMRR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL,It's not how long it takes...its your getting it done and will enjoy it. I thought I have a jet done for Kentucky this year...You know..work,life ,family,friends and major home remodeling project got in the way.may be ten years from now I'll be posting the same lol Nice looking jet,see you in Kentucky
Old 06-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Couch Potato

Longest Eurosport build ever..............?

We'll see I treat my ARTFs like vintage wines, turn the box over once a year.

Looks good, have fun with it.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:44 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

ORIGINAL: Countryboy

Purchased one of the original Fiberclassic Eurosports from Don Kanak of Planes Plus at Superman 2002, and just now getting to the point of doing the radio equipment install. The Euro is outfitted with full gear doors, full length intake ducts (no bypass), speed brake & semi cockpit detailing. Power will be a JC P-120 blowing through a Tam bifurcated pipe & scale nozzles.
Be sure to reinforce the vertical stab structure, those early models had problems with fin flutter! I had one of these as my first turbine jet and on the 10th flight the entire vertical started flapping side to side,mwith the rudder flapping in the opposite direction! I managed to get it down safely luckily.

David S
Old 06-25-2012, 03:06 PM
readyturn
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Couch Potato

Longest Eurosport build ever..............?

We'll see I treat my ARTFs like vintage wines, turn the box over once a year.

Looks good, have fun with it.

Box wine ! No, no ...... a nice bottle of wine and it should not last for a year !
Old 06-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Countryboy

David,

Thanks for the heads up. I suspected the vertical fin as being a weak point. I did away with the original short spar & cut a a new 12 mm c/f spar that goes all the way to the top of the vertical leading edge. I will also be adding a second former to help stiffen the fuse & adding a second spar closer to the leading edge. I may also fill the pocket surrounding the vertical base with expandable foam to help stiffen the fuse. Hopefully, this will curtail any flutter issues with the vertical.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Countryboy

Finally, the Eurosport is complete. Took a weeks vacation the week of KY Jets and really cracked on it. Drove in to Ky Jets on Saturday morning and was able to get a flight in that evening with Keith Yates doing the maiden. Maiden flight was flawless thanks to the setup tips from Nick aka Spaceman. The Euro now has six flawless flights and is such a delight to fly. Hope to have it at Route 66 in a few weeks along with the JL F-4
There is some video floating around somewhere....where you at Buck ?
Old 08-03-2015, 04:12 AM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You may already know, but there were cases of those old Eurosport wings coming apart in flight. If you didn't already, check the leading edges for gaps in the exterior seam and how well it is glued along the inside. I had an orange version like yours from Don's old Metropolis deal, so ours were most likely made in the same batch. I sold mine NIB to a local club member and after flying it a while he suffered a wing explosion. Just a heads up - I'd hate to see you have any issues.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-explodes.html