Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Futaba Users, HELP please!

Yeah the thick 17g wire robbe uses is perfect, but even with normal futaba stuff you still are just fine, jets don't pull as many amps like the giant planes do. Normally you have 4 servos working at the same time, elevators and ailerons, unlike the large planes that have 2-4 per aileron and 1-2 per elevator and 2-6 servos on the rudder that are being used constantly for hard 3d.
    Global Jet Club Team Pilot
    Contest Director AMA # 8394
    Avanti XXL, Skymaster F-14
    FEJ F-15
    46% Ultimate Bi-Plane
    Avant Mostro Nitro 90
    Futaba 18MZ
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE_...BAxA8bHVCw3VQQ
    https://www.facebook.com/FenderbeanRCBuilds

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jzuniga

ORIGINAL: furloughed ual

9156 = 8611 equivalent
    9157 = 8711 equivalent
    Not to change the thread, but on the Tower website it says to use nicad batteries only w/ the 9157? Is this true? Any feedback?
    Thanks

Z
    Yep. I have the same question. I have futaba 3305's and 3010's on some of my planes. Hobby Shop Dealer has also told me that Futaba servos require NiCad battery power. My servos are about 2 years old at this time. Quote from Futaba web site
    "This is the Futaba S3305 High Torque, Metal Gear Servo. per Futaba this servo is approved for use with NiCd batteries ONLY! The 3010 has this information: This servo can produce high-current draw from your batteries. If using NiMH or LiPo batteries, make sure they are capable
    of delivering approximately 2A for each servo.

John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is the thread Aussie Bart started to do a review of the PSS2018 for those who would like more info and some user reports:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11032674

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The 3305 is an ok 120oz servo, but Futaba wants to be sure the battery amperage or C-rate available is not a choke point. This would be the same issue with any digital servo and all of the 2.4 receivers. The 3305 is a high draw analog servo.

George,

So far, most of the Futaba servos the guys recommend, including the BLS types are great for large jets. However, because a servo has a high price doesn't mean they are required in all jets. There are also many perfectly good servos in the Futaba line for smaller and medium size jets. I would carry all of the 6 volt digitals no matter what size they are, and I would carry all of the analog 9000 series for a start.

S-bus has some real benefit and is very simple. However, some guys are concerned with the potential for failure with the serial harness concept and minimal redundancy at the receiver buss connection point. In addition, the cost of the harnesses and adaptors could be higher than a conventional set-up. Regardless, the SBUS compatible servos are computer programmable and can be used in non-SBUS instals.

Your real challange will be competitive pricing. Tower's usual discounts are hard to beat.

Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12