Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Help with Feibao L39.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Help with Feibao L39.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 08:13 PM
megafly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Feibao L39.

Hi guys, I just finished my Feibao L39.

My landind gear springs can't beat the plane weight, they almost compressed with full tank, so I'm asking you, whwrw can I find new springs for the jet? Because the way it is is impossible to fly safe.
Thanks!
Old 07-13-2012, 03:18 AM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help with Feibao L39.

Hi Megafly,
I will try to help.
First of all you want to remove the springs from the retracts to see the size, and type they are.
You then have to find a spring seller that can match a suitable set if possible.
In Australia I now that bearing supplies can get springs for me when ever I need them.
You can also try the local pages for a suitable supplies.
Hope this helps a little.
Good luck
Old 07-13-2012, 04:14 AM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Megafly,

Before you change anything are you sure the springs are too soft? These scale trailing link gears have two springs in them, a soft one which compresses a long way with almost no load which just gets the gear in the correct position to absorb the shock and then another much stiffer spring inside the first one which actually takes the landing loads and does not compress much.

I suggest that you manually compress the gear which shouldn't take too much force but then keep pressing on the oleo and check if there is still some springiness. If there is you are good to go.

Malcolm
Old 07-13-2012, 05:01 AM
megafly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I've changed the stiffer spring to longer one, I think they were to short, I will test it tonight, If does not get any better I will put the old ones, but the old ones with full tank are fully compressed.

THanks for your help