Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

paint gun recomendation

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

paint gun recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:04 AM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: paint gun recomendation

David. I have a few of the HF guns and like what I see for the bucks as I'm not into doing a Finnish a fly would slip up and bust his tail on. With that said, I wish someone like you that's used them would do a good set-up thread on a gun like this. I think that would serve better use than everyone slugging out out over who has bought the best one out there and why. Ha. Ha. sure you can a,ways buy better in anything but I'm not a Finnish guru and would not have sleepless nights over not shooting a perfect job.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:30 AM
juanjulian
My Feedback: (9)

Hy guys lets keep this thread positive. All coments are considered I believe there are good cheap product, and some that simply don´t work. Recomending the good ones is aprecieated.

Watching some good brands spray guns in Ebay at good prices.

Already bought bought the binks model 115 copy cat china model for aplying primer.Can´t help my cheap instinct
Will inform how this works at the end.

Cheers,

Old 07-21-2012, 06:13 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Having seen Jermy's work, I'm going with his advice!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:39 AM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

I dont think I could do a setup thread, I have done it all by trial and error, I am no expert on spraying but get great results with my Harbour Freight guns.
Set the pressure, get a good fan, adjust the spray rate with about 20% thinner and make adjustments on a trial piece. Piece of cake. Jeremy is quite wrong about orange peel, my finish is glass like with a beautiful high gloss, absolutely no trace of orange peel. I use a 2 hp compressor with a 21 l tank and fit a water trap to avoid fish eye. My Hawks painted with this gun get a lot of compliments for the finish quality and have twice won Australia's big scale contest and got v high marks for finish at the JWM.

I had never heard of Harbour Freight or Central Pneumatic, a Qantas friend on layover saw them on special in LA and bought me a couple, couldn't miss at the price, never looked back, great guns, fantastic value, perfect results ! Can't say more than that!

Regards,

David
Old 07-24-2012, 06:08 AM
juanjulian
My Feedback: (9)

At the end decided to go with eastwood concourse mini. Got it with 1 mm needle, 9 oz deckups, rebuild kit, extra aluminum teflon coated cup.

My ideal were the sata or iwata but way above my butget.

Will report how this gun works.

This is my project

Pending to get a regulator for the gun.

Cheers

Juan
Old 07-31-2012, 09:59 AM
fireblade5437

Have just received my SATA Mini Jet 4 with a 1.2mm nozzle.

This is the first spraygun I have owned that has the jet exactly in the centre of the nozzle! Fantastic quality, I had a go with it this afternoon and found how well the gun lays paint on, unreal!! Well worth the £££££ thanks to ebay.

Alan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24134.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1787924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89718.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1787925