Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM Jets Photo and RC Plane Bomber

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM Jets Photo and RC Plane Bomber

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BVM Jets Photo and RC Plane Bomber

Rick,

I am sure BV will appreciate your compliments. You have expressed my sentiments exactly.

To quote the famous Elmer Kieth, "Hell, I was there!"
Old 07-21-2012, 04:14 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

I'm just trying to figure out how NBC and the word news can be in the same hyperlink?

Marty
Old 07-21-2012, 06:38 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

This Just In:

The SKY is falling, the SKY is falling!!!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:23 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

You know its bad enough when the idiots in the general public are stupid enough to believe that a jet model could carry enough explosives to do anything any harm, but when a long-time member of our own hobby is that stupid, we're in trouble.

The story is, and needs to be, to everyone who brings this up, model aircraft are not a viable way to carry out any terrorist attack. They don't have the payload capacity, range, accuracy, or secrecy necessary to do so. It is not a threat that the general public needs to worry about! Period, end of story!

Bob
Old 07-21-2012, 07:25 PM
DISCUS54
My Feedback: (211)

MSNBC, Ph.D. and idiot....say no more!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Doolittleraider
My Feedback: (72)

The terrorist got sentenced recently so the story has resurfaced. Its a sad that you had to call attention to it yet again with your thread. Bob Violet has done a lot to insure the safety of model jet turbines and has helped lobby to allow us to continue to enjoy it. Bob Violet is an asset to model jets. It is ridiculous that you had to call attention to a picture from Top Gun, of a jet doing a scale maneuver in a competition. From Harley's post its apparent that your phone call didn't transpire quite as you described it. I find it interesting that you need to quote your MD and PHD credentials here in a RC Forum. It would appear that you yourself lack confidnece in the points you are trying to make. Perhaps you feel that adding your professional titles at the end will make your post or the points you were trying to make seem more intelligent and creditable. The reality is if your points were really valid they would stand on their own merit.
Judging from the previous posts, yours included, I would agree with the "diagnosis" laid out in this thread.

Peter Miller
Old 07-21-2012, 10:20 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: rcjetsaok

ORIGINAL: ArtW

There is a TFR restricting RC flight throughout the Bay Area.

That twice you have brought this up... That has nothing to do with your gripe or the price of tea in China... I think you are throwing that in there to add to the drama of your post.. We had the same TFR here in Austin on Tuesday.. So what ??? I'm sorry you lost your field, but don't blame a TFR Presidential visit, the BVM Website or the price of tea in China on that !!!! That being said, I'm curious now... Why did you guys loose your field??? The official reason or your your reason will do, I can figure it out from that...

Dan

I don't think Mr Art is a fan of turbine powered model aircraft. One of his 106 posts below...

"Jets are quiet. Moreover the sound comes out the tail pipe. Once the plane is at flight levels they are even quieter because the sound is very constrained directionally. They frequently sound as if they have gone dead stick once at altitude. That being said many fields prohibit turbines because of the issues with fire, high speeds, distance, and altitude restrictions. A plane at 200 mph covers more ground. You need a bigger field with very few or very cooperative neighbors. You need fire resistant fields. It is easy to exceed the 400 foot restricted airspace and get into class G airspace (above 500 feet). You can't be near a general aviation airfield. Find a field that allows turbines."
Old 07-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Boomerang1

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't think Mr Art is a fan of turbine powered model aircraft. One of his 106 posts below...
Trial by media? Troll through his posts until you find something a little anti-turbine?

Why not mention Art flys jets? - John.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:32 AM
BobbyMcGee

Continuing in your line of reasoning;we should also ban guns, bullets, kitchen knives, heavy objects, cars, gasoline, rope, duct tape, pillows, any sharp or pointedobject, razor blades, tools, chain saws, hammers, screw drivers, rocks, sticks, bottles and any form of glass, etc. because all these things have been used in murders.

You cited the recent incident in Colorado in your reasoning. Do you also worry that guns will be banned, or should be banned because of the incident?

Its not the things that kill people or commit crimes ... its the people!

With a little imagination and a bit of sick inspiration, anything can be used to harm or kill another. So based on your reasoning, everything except cotton balls should be banned from the American market. Oh wait! Somoene can stuff them down anothers throat to suffocate them. Add cotton balls to the list of banned items!

Maybe we should ban scaples too? While surgeons use them for operations, they have been used in enough crimes and murders to worry the average paranoid person!

Bob was well within his rights to tell you to stay out of his business. I think you would get the same response from Macy's if you were to call them and warn them about the dangers of pillows, and why they should not photograph attractive women sleeping ona pillow. All because some sicko might get the idea to smother someone while they are sleeping!

Don't let paranoia get to you.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:30 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good job, Art!

I take it you also called the NRA, gun manufacturers, and all the gun store shops to warn them about the potential negative publicity that may come to their industry due the movie theatre massacare in Colorado. I take it they were more responsive and polite to your thoughts and warning.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What I really can't stand is this new generation of cry-babies that was formed because of the internet. I'm talking about people who feel the need to 'blog', write, or complain about things like this and bring it to a public forum. It was a conversation between you and BV, and it should have stayed that way. But because one cry-baby didn't his way, he goes public with his trivial matter!

Art, if you are married, would you like it if every time your wife disagrees with you, or vise-versa, she not only tells her family, but also puts the details of the disagreement on her facebook page for all the world to see? Would you be happy with her for doing that? Well, that is EXACTLY what you just did! So, now you further made Bob Violet dislike you. The paranoia that drove you to call him in the first place, is ridiculous. Secondly, your cry-baby rantings on this forum did not get you any friends or supporters here. You lost all respect.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:37 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Airplanes400

What I really can't stand is this new generation of cry-babies that was formed because of the internet. I'm talking about people who feel the need to 'blog', write, or complain about things like this and bring it to a public forum. It was a conversation between you and BV, and it should have stayed that way. But because one cry-baby didn't his way, he goes public with his trivial matter!

Art, if you are married, would you like it if every time your wife disagrees with you, or vise-versa, she not only tells her family, but also puts the details of the disagreement on her facebook page for all the world to see? Would you be happy with her for doing that? Well, that is EXACTLY what you just did! So, now you further made Bob Violet dislike you. The paranoia that drove you to call him in the first place, is ridiculous. Secondly, your cry-baby rantings on this forum did not get you any friends or supporters here. You lost all respect.

Well said!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:46 AM
rcand

Wow, that is disappointing to hear, I have known Bob almost 30 years and no matter waht anyone else says about this is old news or whatever, it is still someting that a concerned modeler saw on the a trusted web site and everyone deserves to be spoken to with respect and curteously. I guess everyone forget about our battles with the FAA trying to regulate us. even if you were totally off the wall, he could have been nice about explaining he side. Oh well, chaulk one up for experience.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:04 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcand

Wow, that is disappointing to hear, I have known Bob almost 30 years and no matter waht anyone else says about this is old news or whatever, it is still someting that a concerned modeler saw on the a trusted web site and everyone deserves to be spoken to with respect and curteously. I guess everyone forget about our battles with the FAA trying to regulate us. even if you were totally off the wall, he could have been nice about explaining he side. Oh well, chaulk one up for experience.
Trusted Website!? LMAO.. it was a news outlet he originally saw the story on. The only thing that can be trusted about that, is there is a large chance they completely screwed up the "facts", there are no facts, or its just bad news.... The only good news now-a-days is NO news...
Old 07-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: rcand

As I stated in my earlier post, the conversation was adversarial at the outset. If he had treated Bob with respect and coutesy, Bob would have treated him the same way. That is not what happened. I was there! The caller acted like he knew more about how to run BV's business than BV does.

If you think back, you might recognize that BV has been and still is our biggest advocate in the battle with the FAA.
http://www.bvmjets.com/Pages/Tips/in..._our_sport.htm

Name one other model airframe manufacturer that has goen to the lengths that BV has. Our Congressman, Sandy Adams was given a tour of BVM some time ago, and understands our concerns for our hobby. She also understands the financial invesments we have all made to participate, and to enjoy our hobby. She understands the concerns of businessmen, like BV, and her efforts in the US House have helped us substantially. She does not want the FAA to regulate us out of our businessses and hobby.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:27 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez Jimmy, did ya get that 'tough guy' feeling, kicking him while he's down?? ... I'm sure he got the message from the first page.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36035.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1784556  
Old 07-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just because you have a lot of letters behind your name....doesnt mean you your opinion carries anymore weight than Mickey Mouses.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:25 PM
westwind two
My Feedback: (1)

You hit the nail on the head....well said Harley
Old 07-22-2012, 07:03 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What I really can't stand is this new generation of cry-babies that was formed because of the internet.

Amen to that !!!!! And throw J.D. Powers in there too !!!! You used to buy a product ( a Car or whatever ) and here it is, this is the price and have a nice day... That worked fine for ever until somebody got the bright idea to ask people what they think about products and such... Now the whole world revolves around Customer Satisfaction Index.... Hey if you don't like whats out there for the price they ask, Go build it you self !!!

Danno

P.S. You know, Sometimes the Public's right to know is a pain in my ***** !!!!

Joe Patroni ( George Kennedy )
Airport 1975

Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

You know what's really amusing? I'm very sure Art wasn't expecting anyone who was in the vicinity of the phone call made to BV to actually make a post here on RCU totally debunking his side of the story.

Nicely done Harley!!

-Spencer Maze III
Old 07-22-2012, 09:01 PM
jetster81

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

The story is, and needs to be, to everyone who brings this up, model aircraft are not a viable way to carry out any terrorist attack. They don't have the payload capacity, range, accuracy, or secrecy necessary to do so. It is not a threat that the general public needs to worry about! Period, end of story!

Bob
Bob, Sadly you are not correct here, or am I the only one that thinks FPV is the biggest threat to our sport today?

Old 07-22-2012, 09:34 PM
S HARRIS
My Feedback: (6)

So I finally make to the TOP of BV's site and somebody rains on me again!!!! Lol Go figure Somebody needs to get a life.. I can't blame Bob for his response either. Good Job Bob. Cool pic too!!!!! Chris you cracking me up dude.. BTW BG on the 26TH. You in, Scott
Old 07-23-2012, 04:34 AM
hemiflyer1
My Feedback: (2)

The news isn't really the news anymore mostly. Its' what "may" happen, or could "happen", anything to sensationalize something, keep the sheep scared  maybe. baaa. Really, it sucks listening to these bobble heads and trying to wade thru the B.S. that they are spewing. Propaganda for somebodys adgenda I suppose.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:10 AM
colmo-RCU

What makes me laugh is that you guys think that the FBI and every other intelligence and security department in Every country in the planet hasn't assesed the threat of r/c. It really doesn't matter what you think or what you say here, if model airplanes posed a real threat they would be banned or controlled like explosives or radioactive materials. Period. Saudi Arabia has done just that because some paranoid sheik or the king think like that morron with the Sabre.

Thats why uav's are regulated and not r/c, not because of our prudence in this forum or BV's lobbying.

Oh, and yes, BV is probably the second rudest person in the world, after my exboss.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:04 AM
RickBoyer
My Feedback: (37)

"Model aicraft banned/controlled in Saudi Arabia?” Heck, that’s not hard to figure out. '"No women allowed" is the kingdom's message to Saudi women and girls who want to play sports, In fact Saudi Arabian sheikhs also ban women from competing on its Olympic team.

They claim that allowing women to partake in sports is a slippery slope which will lead them to dress provocatively, spending an unnecessary amount of time outside the house and mingling with men outside of their families. Women are also banned from driving which makes it particularly difficult for them to attend sporting events.

In 2009 the Saudi government closed gyms for women and they maintain strict laws dictating how women should dress and behave, making it extremely difficult for them to partake in physical activity. A few years ago a marathon event was held in which women could only participate if they wore the abaya - a black cloak which covers the body head to toe, kinda like a black KKK outfit, helps keep the sun out..... Not too many females showed up for that one.....

Maybe instead of Art petitioning BV, he should call up the Saudis to give some fatherly advice on how not to control their females!!

RB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.