Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Flyeagle f-16 1/8 scale questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Flyeagle f-16 1/8 scale questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 06:45 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: Flyeagle f-16 1/8 scale questions

hey essy I had to increase my ailerons throw to 20+ after that if felt much better, with the recommended 16mm it was super slow rolling. Mines the 1/6 scale not sure if the recommended throws are the same, mine has about that maybe a little more and right, when you flip it inverted I only required very little up to maintain level flight. Looks good with those lights! I have all mine installed just still haven't hooked up the battery
Old 08-04-2012, 06:52 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I put min originally at 20 then moved up to 25. On high rates, with the radio set at 80% travel, it rolls fast enough to probably rip the wings off LOL.
Its fun with the lights but dont do it on your 3rd flight in the dark LOL. The lights on mine are not as bright as they claim, he told me 2 mile visiability, no way. Maybe it wasnt dark enough, but all I couldl see is the lights and a slight profile of the jet. If I had the balls I would wait until darker but if the lights go out............................................... ... Oh No.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:23 PM
FenderBean

Yeah the only time I can see mine is in low light and within a 100 feet or so during the day and thats only the landing lights. The afterburner ring however is another story shows up great. Yeah I went 25 as well and it was fast spin so I backed it down a few % as well
ORIGINAL: essyou35

I put min originally at 20 then moved up to 25. On high rates, with the radio set at 80% travel, it rolls fast enough to probably rip the wings off LOL.
Its fun with the lights but dont do it on your 3rd flight in the dark LOL. The lights on mine are not as bright as they claim, he told me 2 mile visiability, no way. Maybe it wasnt dark enough, but all I couldl see is the lights and a slight profile of the jet. If I had the balls I would wait until darker but if the lights go out............................................... ... Oh No.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:32 PM
smitty1001
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Essy,

Congrats on the 1st flights! When CG is right and you have a good mix of up elev with the gear down it should be rock solid at about 1/3 throttle even in turns. I too hated flying gear down until I got the dirty attitude set with the mix/trim. Now it's actually fun driving it around slow and dirty. You being heavier should just mean you need a little more power and be more conservative with the yanking.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:57 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Falcon, that rocking was caused by me. On that final, I stalled it out and it elevatored down way too low, I hit power to bring it back on track.
The 20 mph wind and the drag from the doors caused and stall caused my to go behind me out there, so I had to bang the stick to get her back.

I trie dto reduce to 1/4 throttle on final and it stalled. 2nd landing of course I came in too fast. Thirsd landing I got it!

My probem is I like to do a gear check, but I am almost ready to stop doing because of how unstable it is in the turns with the door down. Do the real f-16 doors go back up with gear down?

Attached is a pic of my elevator trim after landing, is that right or does that indicate nose heavy?
That is the perfect trim! You got it nailed down. Always at least 1/8 in up at the trailing edge.
Yeah it's a pig with gear down, careful with that final turn, keep power!!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:01 PM
FenderBean

Yeah that almost got me on my maiden was that turn to final getting to slow[:-]
ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Falcon, that rocking was caused by me. On that final, I stalled it out and it elevatored down way too low, I hit power to bring it back on track.
The 20 mph wind and the drag from the doors caused and stall caused my to go behind me out there, so I had to bang the stick to get her back.

I trie dto reduce to 1/4 throttle on final and it stalled. 2nd landing of course I came in too fast. Thirsd landing I got it!

My probem is I like to do a gear check, but I am almost ready to stop doing because of how unstable it is in the turns with the door down. Do the real f-16 doors go back up with gear down?

Attached is a pic of my elevator trim after landing, is that right or does that indicate nose heavy?
That is the perfect trim! You got it nailed down. Always at least 1/8 in up at the trailing edge.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:14 PM
essyou35

Just to clarify, that is the trim with the gears up, what I need to stay level, still good?

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Old 08-04-2012, 08:35 PM
FalconWings

Yes, and I never trim for gear down....I like feeling what the model is feeling. What you show is correct for neutral trim.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:38 PM
smitty1001

Short answer is, depends. Vipers do fly with some up. As you get more comfortable with it, fly inverted at about 80% throttle and see how it feels. If it requires more than a little down to maintain level flight you can move CG back. Also, if that trim is compensating for nose heavy, when you go flat and level to full throttle, it'll climb pretty noticeably - if you're balanced and trim neutral, no to little pitch change on full power. You'll know as you approach aft end of CG range because you'll start finding the elevator overly sensitive in the flare.

Obviously the gear down mix is personal, I can't stand holding any up for level flight with gear down until I'm beginning flare. Plus, it keeps me "on speed," if I'm climbing, I'm too fast, coming down too quickly = more throttle. You'll develop your own taste - give it about 100 or so flights and report back
Old 08-05-2012, 09:56 AM
smitty1001

Fun morning! Can't wait to see the video David! Stills of the RMAF to follow [8D]

Old 08-05-2012, 10:17 AM
FalconWings

Nice pics! I'm fighting with the on board camera as it is apparently incompatible with Windows 7, I'm reconnecting my old PC now. Sucks!

Maiden was awesome. CG spot on, minor trim required. The nose gear door cylinder was not working right so I took off the door and the cylinder. Flies really well.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:30 PM
essyou35

Does these things do very well on short short grass? Or is that a disaster to the gears?

Alos, do they make a TV nozzle for this jet?