RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle F-16 1:4.6 Advance, wow

Old 07-27-2012, 08:36 AM
ianober

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Fly Eagle F-16 1:4.6 Advance, wow

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ali

Quote:
ORIGINAL: David Searles

Quote:
ORIGINAL: gunradd

Ali which side of the pond is the plane going to live?
That depends on who he sells it to. : )

Ali is merely a way station on the way to a Jet's real home. He get's them housebroken and properly trained before delivery to their new family.

David S
I would like to keep hold of them more often.. but people keep wanting to buy them ( In fact, just recently I have taken to not selling the flying fleet, and offering to have models built for perspective clients instead) .
Also, all these new cool toys keep coming out [&:], and there are only so many toys that can be maintained and played with at any one time. It has killed me to do it, but I have had to put some models up for sale again just recently as the workshops were starting to overflow. What with JET POWER coming up fast, I get the feeling that new toys will be heading my way sooner rather than later.

I know what you mean Ali, life's rough.......man.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:45 PM
rbxbear44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I got the 1/5.5 F-16 flying great...put around 100 flights on it and then sold it to a friend that has flown it now for two more years since then. I bought another one since then and sold it...it flew great too.

Rex

Old 07-27-2012, 03:18 PM
rbxbear44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ravill

It is still TBD if these jet can fly for more than 20-30 flights. That's right at the time when you are getting used to them and then stabs flutter off, vertical stabs disentigrate, etc...
Ravill,
That is just not the case with any of the FEJ airframe I have owned in the last 4 years...which I believe is now 7 of my own and I have assembled 5 more for friends. I remember being one of the first 10 to get the 1/7th scale F-18F when FEJ was just getting started. It was a heavy bird but it flew great and is still flying today...four years later and one of the first of that model. I have several buddies with the very same experience as well.

It cannot be "luck" nor can it be chance because I have assembled and flown several of their different models...now all of them were in the larger scale but have never had an issue with airframe quality, control surface flutter, no issues with the "MAC" discussion on the stabs with the F-18 or F-16. All of them have been flown aggressively, inspected and are still flying today.

I am only speaking from my own experience and the experience I have seen with my close friends FEJ planes over the past 4 years.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:25 PM
FalconWings

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How come I have a Fly Eagle F-35 with the largest flaperon I have seen in a model, with only two cheap plastic point hinges?
It makes for a nice display model in my garage.

This is how much confidence I have in them.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:47 PM
rbxbear44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Man...no clue at all why! If it were mine, I'd get some good insight from a few of my flying friends that build their planes too and make the fix though. If I didn't think it was a good hinge line, I'd just fix it...and get that bird flying! The first F-16 1/5.5 I got from FEJ...I went head to toe on that thing with a magnifying glass. There were two things I did not like at that point...not enough torsional strength in the fuse for that mile high vertical fin which I fixed with two Kevlar X's along the inside top of the fuse where the stab joined. And, the wood plates that were going to hold the Stab servos were not up to my par...which I simply laminated the plates and 2" on each side with 5oz. CF cloth and Kevlar weave.

Hate to see a bird like that collect dust though...sorry for your issue, man!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:01 PM
skyhawknut

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wings on this look like CRAP!

Possibly Too much taper on the trailing edge and they go too small at the tip - they look really funny. You'd think they'd get something right when they try something of this caliber.

Hope it's glued together too. Did you guys see the J-10 shed ALL it's trailing edge flight surfaces at Kentucky jets? Apparently the servo boxes were not glued well enough.

Takeoff is at 8:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvNq1...layer_embedded
Old 07-28-2012, 03:15 AM
Rakaz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Heyy Ali,

Thats surprise me a lot!! As I told you we saw the best Fly eagle jets version last kentucky jets. I fell in love with the Pablo┬┤s F-16 flight.
So mines it is arriving also!!!!! I am not sure which sheme yet.
Otherwise, of course we will do a demo flight around the events together right?

We are in contact my friend,

Have fun

Ra├║l

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14300.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1786693  
Old 07-28-2012, 04:04 PM
rbxbear44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Pablo did a great job flying the F-16 for sure. That is owned by David Baxter in Fargo, ND and was previously mine...great bird for sure.

The new 1/4.6 scale F-16 looks awesome! Wings look great too, especially the way they taper and how the tips look too! Excited to see both of you guys getting this bird...will be great!

Great meeting you Raul.

Regards,
Rex
Old 07-28-2012, 08:06 PM
David Jackson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Need a creative way of convincing the wife that I need another plane (this large F-16). Maybe I should tell her it's part of the intervention for my addiction, you know, a substitute for real drugs.[8D]
Old 07-28-2012, 08:26 PM
rbxbear44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: David Jackson

Need a creative way of convincing the wife that I need another plane (this large F-16). Maybe I should tell her it's part of the intervention for my addiction, you know, a substitute for real drugs.[8D]
LOL...David, man...as they seem to end up saying, "at least these jets are legal drugs!" It was great seeing you at KY my friend. The Viper looks great.

Rex
Old 07-30-2012, 12:00 PM
ravill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rbxbear44

Quote:
ORIGINAL: ravill

It is still TBD if these jet can fly for more than 20-30 flights. That's right at the time when you are getting used to them and then stabs flutter off, vertical stabs disentigrate, etc...
Ravill,
That is just not the case with any of the FEJ airframe I have owned in the last 4 years...which I believe is now 7 of my own and I have assembled 5 more for friends. I remember being one of the first 10 to get the 1/7th scale F-18F when FEJ was just getting started. It was a heavy bird but it flew great and is still flying today...four years later and one of the first of that model. I have several buddies with the very same experience as well.

It cannot be ''luck'' nor can it be chance because I have assembled and flown several of their different models...now all of them were in the larger scale but have never had an issue with airframe quality, control surface flutter, no issues with the ''MAC'' discussion on the stabs with the F-18 or F-16. All of them have been flown aggressively, inspected and are still flying today.

I am only speaking from my own experience and the experience I have seen with my close friends FEJ planes over the past 4 years.

Its good to see that some people are finally having some luck with Fried Eagle Jets! I have a 1/5.5 f-16 of theirs that I'm debating putting together.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:51 PM
EagleJC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi All:

This is a maiden flight video that I havethe F16 1/4.6 scale thatdisplayed at KY JET.

We spent two days to build this model. Dry weight is 19.5 kg (43lb) with all functions,power byBehotec 180 GE. ( two main fueltanks can fill up to 4.5kg) (there are two extra small fuel tanks, but I did not use them. will use one for smoke later on)

We flew it with slats and flaps for taking off and landing,

all servos are inside fuselage. very easy to put everytihng together at field.

for transportation reason, I moved pipe out to apart the stabs, so I can load this big F16 into my small trailer. I only spent 12 minutes to put stabs, pipe and tail cone on. (spent 8 minutes to move them again for loading).

video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlLY0TP8oYg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlLY0TP8oYg[/youtube]

Thanks
James

Old 08-01-2012, 01:00 AM
mario tavarez14

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wao very impressive , thinking to get one for winter project nice video
Old 08-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Ali

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Itching to get mine now.. Not sure if I should go with a King Tech 180 that I have coming, or go ba11$ out and drop the P-200 Sx into it?
Old 08-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Peter Coers

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Ali,

If I were you I would go for max turbi performance, looking at your super flying skills you can press the bird to the limit . Than you will have max fun flying the scale pattern from the duch demo.
All the 16's are flying to fast for this.

Grts,
Peter
Old 08-01-2012, 05:18 AM
FalconWings

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Peter Coers

Hi Ali,

If I were you I would go for max turbi performance, looking at your super flying skills you can press the bird to the limit . Than you will have max fun flying the scale pattern from the duch demo.
All the 16's are flying to fast for this.

Grts,
Peter
Not all of them. I can fly the first half of the Lockheed demo, except the short takeoff to vertical climb. For that I would need either an afterburning VT90 or a P400 on my 1/8 bird.
For the dutch demo I'd need about 5 gallons of fuel as it is freakin long, but cool nonetheless.

Happy vipering
Old 08-01-2012, 05:48 AM
VF84sluggo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ali

..., or go ba11$ out and drop the P-200 Sx into it?
No such thing as too much thrust

Sluggo
Old 08-01-2012, 06:22 AM
David Jackson

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well the wife didn't say I couldn't order one, so I assumed her silence meant I could. Pulled the trigger on this one last night. [8D]
Old 08-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Wap4life

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

David- I think i might try that out with my wife
Old 08-01-2012, 07:24 AM
rbxbear44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: David Jackson

Well the wife didn't say I couldn't order one, so I assumed her silence meant I could. Pulled the trigger on this one last night. [8D]
LOL...yep, silence does mean "Yes" in wife-ese! Or, you can ask her which scheme she likes the best "if you were to order one"...did that on my first Super Extra...then she cut me loose on all future purchases to pick my own schemes

Rex
Old 08-01-2012, 08:06 AM
FenderBean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The hobby and wife are kept apart for this very reason I would like to get one but im tapped out for awhile plus I made the mistake of jumping on a new product and wished I had waited for the bugs to be worked out. [:'(]
Old 08-01-2012, 03:21 PM
dubd

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: FenderBean

The hobby and wife are kept apart for this very reason I would like to get one but im tapped out for awhile plus I made the mistake of jumping on a new product and wished I had waited for the bugs to be worked out. [:'(]
Which product is that?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:20 PM
FenderBean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I got a Kasama Srimok 90 helicopter before they had worked out the kinks. It had horrible vibrations, the fuel would boil and the tailboom supports would blur. They eventually released some mods/upgrades that fixed it but what a pain. It is an amazing heli with lots of thought put into it but I lost interest in since my Vibe SG was kicking some butt
Quote:
ORIGINAL: dubd

Quote:

Which product is that?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:44 PM
rbxbear44

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:

I got a Kasama Srimok 90 helicopter before they had worked out the kinks. It had horrible vibrations, the fuel would boil and the tailboom supports would blur. They eventually released some mods/upgrades that fixed it but what a pain. It is an amazing heli with lots of thought put into it but I lost interest in since my Vibe SG was kicking some butt
Quote:
ORIGINAL: dubd

Quote:

Which product is that?

LOL...crickets! Love it!
Old 08-03-2012, 07:09 PM
EagleJC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Anther video, but it is small due to using I phone to record video.

hope you still can see it well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkISsnCDvc

PS: I have some building photos here. Will post them here soon.

Thanks
James

Search this Thread