Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Fly Eagle F-16 1:4.6 Advance, wow

David, they do have the gear done and are in testing. They want to make sure the control box holds up properly. It isn't available yet but when it is will be an easy retro. Should have them soon.

Lowell
    Lowell Wexler
    RC Jets Direct, Global Jet Club, Kingtec turbines, Jet Cat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mario.. I agree with Lowell... So much so, that I have now just ordered a hawk to go with my F16. I am really happy with how my F-16 flies and promised myself no more jets, but after having a week with the big hawk at BITW I could not get it out of my head, so had to order one [&:]
    Whichever you go for, you will be happy I am sure. My F-16 has a P200 in it right now, although after flying the factory demo model ( even in the heat of california) I think mine will get a re fit to a 180 size turbine soon. You could really feel the benefit of the lighter turbine. Plus it had plenty enough power for a pretty varied flight routine I think.. True. if you go with stores ( especially a complete set ) Then I would go with lots more power.
    When you get your jet... or jets if I can be of any help, just shout. I should have my hawk in a few weeks, and will be putting it together myself [X(]
    Regards Al
    Al's Hobbies, Horizon Hobby, Airworld, BVM, Jet Cat, Skymaster, FEJ, Rc Jet Centre,pull over, Tomahawk, C-ARF, Jet-Teng,Kingtech

Al, so you say there is really no need for a P200? When the ordinace comes later on, those will also be fitted wich gives extra weight of course.
    I`m about to figure out wich engine I finally will buy, so your recommendations will be very appreciated.
    I really thought a P200 would be a perfect match..
    Avonds F-16 1:6,8 . Skymaster F-16 1:6 RNoAF .
    Flyeagle F-16 1:4,6. Pirotti Rebel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I really thought when I saw the size of this beast that a 200 was essential. My own 16 with the P200 goes really well, but I have never been reaching full power. When I flew the FEJ demo model in California I was really surprised with how well it performed on the 180 turbine. Even the high alpha and draggy airshow style of flying could be done at 3/4 power. I have decided that I am going to try my 16 with the p-200 again after it has had a check up at Jet cat, and then decide wether I run it, or swap it out for a lighter 180 size turbine.
    I guess what I am trying to say is that both turbines ( 180 or 200 ) will work well in this model. I guess its a case of what you have available and what you want to to do? If you want to load it with stores then I would for sure go with a 200+. If you want to keep it light and throw it around clean then a 180 is great. The plane is so big, and the airframe so light that it does not suffer with the extra weight of the 200. There is the option to have a colossal amount of fuel ( Kit comes with 4 tanks, of which I am only using two, even with the 200 ) As happy as I am with it on P200 power, I wouldnt mind a go with something like the BF300 [X(]
    Al's Hobbies, Horizon Hobby, Airworld, BVM, Jet Cat, Skymaster, FEJ, Rc Jet Centre,pull over, Tomahawk, C-ARF, Jet-Teng,Kingtech

Thanks for your thorough answer!
    I want the possibility to choose, fly it clean and with full ordinance..
    So I guess I keep aiming at the P200 then. It sound like the best alternative for me.
    Luckily I work at an airport with lots of Jet A1:-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anymore flight videos?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Perfect turbine for this jet:

Jet Cat P-240 http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=883316

58lbs of push will get it flying right[:-]
    \"Hi,You are 100% correct but are also 100% wrong... \"
    - rcflip

Got my P200sx today, five hours runtime - 3800 USD. And a Behotec 180 for my Skymaster 1:6 too, 18 hours - 2250 USD.
    There is a 7-9 weeks waiting for those who want this F-16 with everything done, so I will get mine in the end of january.
    The offer was with everything done included transport for the same prize as it`s sold now, I just couldn`t resist it..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

which colour scheme you have chosen? will they have the electric gears by January?
    OWNER OF
    F16 1/8 K80E
    F16 1/6 K170F
    F18F K180G
    TD VIPER EV90

I don`t know about the electric gear, will drop them a email about it. Do you guys recon this will be the best?
    A failsafe on air-pressure would anyway be a must using air-retract.
    And I`ll get mine in the Belgium yellow/grey Tiger Meet -91 shown in a previous post. Just one F-16 was painted like this.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Trust me, do yourself a favor and get electric if they offer it or send the gear to down and locked to be converted. The f16 gear is heavy and im sure the air works but no room for error and u save weight with electric.
    If you go air it will require at least two maybe 3 high flow air valves. You need that due to weight of gear and the high air volume.
    Contest Director AMA # 8394

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On my 1/8 i have electric gears modified by Down and Locked and have no problems at all, it's one thing less to worry about, others would say stay pneumatic as they extend and retract faster in case you need them on emergency the 1/6 i did not modified to electrics due to high cost and alsoi have not flown it yet due to being abroad but whenever i test them they sustain the air well.
    OWNER OF
    F16 1/8 K80E
    F16 1/6 K170F
    F18F K180G
    TD VIPER EV90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I will do the same with my f-16 keeping her with air , electric is nice but wait , wait , to $$$$$$ , I have a almost perfect air system in my twin f-15 with 2 robart air valve and a mini hobby sequence , don't get me wrong i have electric retract in my f-86 and I love it but if I can make a almost perfect air system and save me $$$$$ I will go with air
    Kingtech 140G 180G 2 JETCAT P-140RX P-180RX P-120-P-80
    FEJ F-15 E twin / FEJ F86/ skygate hawk / comp arf eurosp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was told I needed 3 air valves for my F-14, but it works with a single EV5U and 4mm airlines. My gear work each and every time. KISS!
    Team Elite Aerosport

So what amount do we talk about here, converting a F-16 retract in 1:4,6 size?
    Anyone?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dubd

I was told I needed 3 air valves for my F-14, but it works with a single EV5U and 4mm airlines. My gear work each and every time. KISS!
    My electric gear is much more simple of a setup than the air was. Its all personal preference, but the f16 gear is much more complex than the f14. Lots of rotating parts and the gear is heavier by far. Just my opinion and how many videos do you see nose gear problems with f16s.
    Mario didnt your nose gear collapse?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not debating air versus electric. I'm saying that if one were to use air, 3 valves might not be necessary.
    Team Elite Aerosport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

My electric gear is much more simple of a setup than the air was. Its all personal preference, but the f16 gear is much more complex than the f14. Lots of rotating parts and the gear is heavier by far. Just my opinion and how many videos do you see nose gear problems with f16s.
    Mario didnt your nose gear collapse?
    My gear never collapse , just a few problem in my first flight , but I fix all the issue
    Kingtech 140G 180G 2 JETCAT P-140RX P-180RX P-120-P-80
    FEJ F-15 E twin / FEJ F86/ skygate hawk / comp arf eurosp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I tried the ev5 on mine just wasnt enough for all three valves. Fej recommended at least two is why i say that. Like i said its what ever works for u just trying to pass some learned stuff on the fej f16.

I'm not debating air versus electric. I'm saying that if one were to use air, 3 valves might not be necessary.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FenderBean

I tried the ev5 on mine just wasnt enough for all three valves. Fej recommended at least two is why i say that. Like i said its what ever works for u just trying to pass some learned stuff on the fej f16.

I was told by FEJ that i needed 4 valves for my F-14, but a single Airpower EV5, 4mm festos coming from the valve, and 4mm airline and it works fine. There is no wrong way, just saying that there may be a simpler (and cheaper) alternative over using multiple air valves.
    Team Elite Aerosport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Every one i have asked about the f14 says the air system works great on air, the f16 is so lucky. That being said the new gear is better but its even heavier than the last version.
    Hows the 14 holding up?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

F-14 is doing well. Still need to get the plane trimmed while the wings are swept.

Are you planning on going to a 1/4 F-16 or 1/5? After seeing the 1/4 F-16 in person, my 1/6 F-16 seems like a micro machine.
    Team Elite Aerosport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im holdings on to mine for awhile, i was planning on doing 1/6 f18 and wait till they get electric gear full ordinance for the 1/4.5
    That will be a ways done the road, i have to get through a deployment and get back down south.

Reply from Flyeagle about the electric retract:
    "We are waiting a reliable motor with gear box for electric gear for big models. As you can see our models are bigger, so we need a very strong and high quality motor gear box for the function in order to work perfectly and longer usage. Surely, we also try to find a good price for customers too. If any damage on motor or gear box, it will cause gears won’t come out to damage the model. This is the main reason we have not released our electric gear. Anyway, all of our customers can do upgrade to have electric gears upgrade when available by changing cylinders or with retract parts."

And reply from Down & Locked:
    "I will estimate the cost for the F-16 conversion to be $700.00 plus return shipping We have done a large number of the smaller scale gear which looks to be of the same design Your cost would not be more than the $700.00 quoted and maybe less depends on the overall size of the gear and the electric motor size we use . If you have further questions or are ready to proceed please let us know."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For the 1/6 size conversion with the gear door sequencer built in it cost about 750.0
    This covers any fabrication require for the mod. They some times have to machine parts to retro fit the motors. Mitch is a good guy, i have worked with him trying to improve somethings. They are doing bvm and robarts electric retracts as well. Just to give u a idea the 1/5 f16 electric retracts fej sale is about 500.00 plus plus u get the electric doors.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast