Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

WHY GO EDF IF YOU HAVE TURBINES?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
Turbines are expensive (electrics are cheaper)
18.30%
Turbines/support gear are too messy/smelly (electrics super clean)
8.26%
Electrics are easier to set up/operate/maintain (turbines are finicky)
10.04%
Electrics are quicker get flying (turbines lengthy setup, fueling)
9.15%
Turbines are more likely to cause a fire
7.14%
Turbines have lower reliability (electrics don’t dead stick)
4.69%
My field ( or other field of choice) does not allow turbines
14.06%
No waiver required (in the US, maybe elesewhere I don''t know)
13.39%
Something different
14.96%
Voters: 448. You may not vote on this poll

WHY GO EDF IF YOU HAVE TURBINES?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 09:11 PM
jetster81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHY GO EDF IF YOU HAVE TURBINES?

This stupid thread just about sums it all up for me. I fly turbines and EDF of different shapes and sizes and I love em all the same and am not predjudiced either way. Is it me or am I wrong in thinking that the idea of this game is to enjoy it and respect what others find entertaining to them?,for instance I would never want to do indoor rubber peanut scale as it's not my thing but I am interested to see what the guys over there are up to and marvel at their creations even if they do only cost a few bucks to make which for me is unimportant, we can all learn from each other.
And if anyone turns up at our club wearing a tosspot 'elitist' cap they had better be very very good or be ready for some flack from our guys.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:40 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with you jetster. I love model aviation of all types and I believe that is true for many of us. Many of us may have a preference, but we don't knock others who have a preference different from our own. Unfortunately there are a few grumpy old men who like to piss all over the parade. Just like in other aspects in life, we have to ignore them and keep it moving.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:26 AM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, just fly what you like and in a flying style that makes you have a good time. That is what it is all about.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:37 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Its amazing how some threads devolve into fights for one side or another and then people start getting personal. Who cares what people fly? I fly turbines, EDF, electric props, and nitro props. I love them all! I love anything that has to do with aviation. My local club feels the same way.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:47 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I just began reading some of this thread and I have to say, WOW.... 2 years ago at a major international jet event here is the good ole U.S. of A., My buddies girl friend was sitting under our tent, and had been there three days taking it all in. She had never been to a big jet rally before, and she made a comment on day three after watching all the going's on and the pilots and participants, that seems somewhat appropriate for this thread.... Out of the blue she said to us, " All you guy's are just a bunch of old Biotches "... I fell out of the chair laughing!!!! It's true guy's, and I'm right in there too !!!! I think everybody need to take a minute and look at the big picture and put all this in perspective. It is a HOBBY... It's is supposed to relax you and get you away from the real world and have fun and enjoy your selves and enjoy the company of people with similar interest... I sure don't see that in this thread. Next time you have these kind of thought and feelings, think about what she said about US... I do, and I start laughing !!! Believe me, It works !!!

Danno