Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

TAM JETS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

TAM JETS

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billyg5829
Tam Jets.. Is Tam Jets still in Business, I have been trying to call him for 2 weeks and No answer, E Mails the same NO REPLY..
I need to order a tail pipe and Tail cone ASAP!!

Hi,

What exactly are you looking for? There are options out there. If you're looking for a straight pipe, there are some out there that are frankly far better IMO, and with responsive service/prompt communication. PM me for details if you like.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:56 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by melvin
Can anyone tell me the difference between a Tam's pipe and a CARF pipe that came with my Ultra Lightening? Are they made of a different material or lighter? Are they a exact drop in fit with the same mounting tabs etc,etc ? Do they last longer or run cooler? Just curious about the benefits of these over the stock pipes! Thanks for any info you can give on actual experience with Tam's pipes.

FWIW

Tam means superior quality, craftsmanship, materials, etc. In addition, Tam has engineered so many different pipe systems that I believe he has a unique design insight.

I did an unusual installation and the combination of the bypass and the pipe design was crucial. I assumed I would have to try at least 2 different pipe designs, but I explained to Tam what I was doing, he made the pipe and it worked perfectly first time. I will never run a pipe other than Tam's.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:38 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Saw on Facebook he's been sick this week with the flu
Old 01-07-2017, 05:00 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by melvin
Can anyone tell me the difference between a Tam's pipe and a CARF pipe that came with my Ultra Lightening? Are they made of a different material or lighter? Are they a exact drop in fit with the same mounting tabs etc,etc ? Do they last longer or run cooler? Just curious about the benefits of these over the stock pipes! Thanks for any info you can give on actual experience with Tam's pipes.
Tam's pipe will be lighter. A CARF pipe is heavier and will withstand a couple of hot starts. Tam's may not but he makes a good light pipe. I'm sure he can make you a heavier gauge pipe but that defeats the reason why many people get a pipe from him.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:52 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tam built me a non-thrust vectoring pipe for my Yellow F-22. The YA pipe had begun to come apart and I was not ready to run it. I had the new pipe from Tam in less than a week and the pipe was exquisite. The spot welds were even and perfectly placed, the metal work was perfect. I could have put just the pipe in a display case.....
Old 01-07-2017, 11:54 PM
melvin
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for the info! I think I will stick with the stock pipe since it will withstand a few hot starts more than the Tams. I'd rather be safe than fast.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:17 AM
Mike06659

I wish Tam would bring back his 1/8 F-16
Old 01-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by sideshow
Tam built me a non-thrust vectoring pipe for my Yellow F-22. The YA pipe had begun to come apart and I was not ready to run it. I had the new pipe from Tam in less than a week and the pipe was exquisite. The spot welds were even and perfectly placed, the metal work was perfect. I could have put just the pipe in a display case.....
Bob,

You still flying that Raptor? I just sold mine south of the border and went down there to deliver it right before Christmas. Super crisp, clear day, cold as heck, right on the Pacific. She got off in 180' with the K-180! I very nearly gave dude his money back and took the jet back to San Diego. Good times...
Old 01-08-2017, 05:59 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been talking to him the past week, ordered a pipe with the new smoke nozzle integrated, for my Rebel Pro. Texted him yesterday, he responded immediately...he is down with the flu!!!

Best pipe out there!

Rex
Old 01-09-2017, 05:22 PM
two dogs
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have left 2 phone messages since last week and also sent email.......no response?
Old 01-10-2017, 04:13 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by two dogs
I have left 2 phone messages since last week and also sent email.......no response?

I have also been trying to order some nozzles for my F18 with no response. I'm not to worried about it Tam will get back with me when hes feeling better and I don't need them right this second anyway.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:21 AM
Shaun Evans

Gunn,

Which F-18 do you have?
Old 01-10-2017, 06:59 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaun Evans
Gunn,

Which F-18 do you have?
Skymaster twin should be here any day now. Crazy how big planes are getting. The yellow twin is now considered a mid size jet. Times are changing and the planes are getting bigger and bigger. Some even bigger planes in the 130 inch size will be coming later in 2017. They are going to be to big to handle soon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00081.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	639.0 KB
ID:	2196180  
Old 01-10-2017, 07:10 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by gunradd
Skymaster twin should be here any day now. Crazy how big planes are getting. The yellow twin is now considered a mid size jet. Times are changing and the planes are getting bigger and bigger. Some even bigger planes in the 130 inch size will be coming later in 2017. They are going to be to big to handle soon.

LOL,

Yeah! I remember the first time I ever saw the Y/A Twin. Two O.S. 91's, and the pilot seemed like he could stick his whole head in the hatch to look around. When I got my first one, I needed my buddy to give it a ride to my house because I didn't have a big truck. Only a station-wagon.

Now look... it's like you said, she's only a mid-size now.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:02 AM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I texted Tam last Wednesday, ordered a pipe for my Rebel pro with the integrated smoke nozzle, sent PayPal Thursday...just got notice pipe is on it's way yesterday! He's sick as a dog, so is his family AND it's just the end of the holidays...guys, he cares.

Kris, I love the way Tam does the F-18 nozzles. He did some custom ones for my BIG CJM F-18E a few years back. They are "tag, you are it!" for sure.

Rex