Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Graupner MC-32

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Graupner MC-32

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 04:09 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Graupner MC-32

Does anybody fly with the Graupner MC-32? I like different radio's and this looks interesting but there will be very few if any on this side of the pond. Maybe some of the Brits or Europeans have experience with it and can provide some feedback?

I'm currently using a JR12xMV with Weatronic module and the MC-32 is one of the very few new radio's that can support Weatronic. I'm also a thumbs flyer but, I understand that shorter sticks can be purchased and it can be used as a hand held as opposed to a tray radio.

TIA

MIke

Old 08-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts
Default RE: Graupner MC-32

Mike

The CARF team are all using the MC-32. Not driven one myself yet, but talking with them they have had no issues, programming looks normal (sane) Graupner-JR type with many nice features. It is a large radio, so not sure about thumbs even with short sticks.

Dw
Old 08-18-2012, 12:16 AM
1_helihover_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Mike
I had the MC-32 and I was using it with the Hott-system - and my comments will be with regard to that system. To cut a long story short I would stay well clear. I had major problems with glitches, in a foamy I lost contact completely, so putting this system into my jets - i have Ultra Flash, KingCat, to name a few - is a big no,no. Probably the transfer protocol for the Weatronic is better, but Hott is a can of worms in ny mind. Also, in the month I used the system there were two software upgrades, in my mind this is testament to the fact that Graupner has launched this system before it really being ready for the market.
What I liked was the fact that the ergonomics was very good, I really like the Graupner way of programming - and the design is well thought out. On the hardware-side of things, the switches and sliders felt a bit flimsy.The overall quality feel is below that of the competition. It fees cheap, and the build quality is not reassuring either. If you open the back cover, you will find that the connectors and leads is taped to secure them...
I used it as a tray type TX, so how it works when used as a hand held, i cannot comment.

Hope this helps you out a bit!

Helihover
Old 08-18-2012, 01:44 AM
tow

Have used this radio now for about 3 months, both in the HOTT and (free) PPM system. No issues with either. The telemetry is I think some better than Jeti`s, with voice alert for a number of functions. Also you have constant monitoring of signal-strenght and battery for the RX. Great system with lots of (too many??) features. I`m sorta old school so touch-pads and digi-trims takes some getting used to.... Wish they stayed with knobs and switches. This TX is much larger and heavier than the MC-24 so I think you will find it un-comfortable as a hand-held unit.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:26 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I handled one but even with the short sticks I could not get my hands around it. Also I could not reach some of the switches on the shoulders. I liked the bult in strap hanger system but this is definatly one for the finger and thumbs brigade.
I currently fly a Multiplex 4000, which is a tray style Tx and have no problems with this (other than it's 15 years old and nothing lasts forever!)
Old 08-18-2012, 02:56 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you to everyone who has responded, the feedback has been quite insightful, Seems the consenses is that it may not be very practical as a hand held tx.

Dave, very interesting to hear the CARF team is using this tx.

Mike
Old 08-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Andreas, Thomas Singer, Wolfgang Klur and others were all using it at the Formation Cup and have had no issues. It was in Jets and their big Moki P-47 and Corsair, the Skygate L-39's CARF Viper's etc. There is not a system on the market that someone has not had an issue with!
Tx looks high quality, I've not handled one so can't comment, but it must be better than many of the "toy" feeling radios I have handled recently!

Dw
Old 08-20-2012, 01:51 AM
Alpenglider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Mike,

I have a MC-32 in use since march this year!

The Hott system is working perfactly for me, i have the GR-32 receiver
In my expensive jets and never lost one signal!

But as Dave said, it is more a tray based tx then a thumb style tx.

Price/Quality is second to non in my opinion!

Cheers

Thomas
Old 08-20-2012, 07:22 AM
RUFTER

I'm also flying one and having zero issues with it. Thinking of converting to Weatronic but not quite ready to spend more money on them unless they adress their customer service.
So flying HOTT now and very happy with it. Telemetry features are very similar to Weatronic, and the top display for realtime telemetry offcourse.
Programming is very easy and straightforward, as all Graupner TX's. Bigger and heavier than a MC-24, but a very solid feel because of the magnesium body. There were some issues with the side sliders but are adressed, stronger material is used for new TX's and upgrade parts are available.

On the German RCNetwork forum there is talk of a MX-32 (hand held type) TX beeing in the works, but don't get your hopes up, the original release date for the MC-32 was beginning of 2009, I got mine FEB2012.

Regards, Bart.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 AM
tow

If you don`t need quite so many functions you could consider this baby: http://www.graupner.de/de/products/8...0/product.aspx. Can be used both as tray or habd-held. First items alredy out for testing
Old 11-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Power Aviation
My Feedback: (12)

We have been using the MX-20 in several jets and giants here in Brazil, no issues so far at all, on FPV I got 4km range on the stock system (MX-20) in an urban area. One of the guys flying with us reported that his MX-20 lost about 80% signal when a Turnigy (cheap Hobbyking) 9X was turned on. He tried with several others of the same type and same result, I will test a few MX-20's we have here with those radios to check this out.

Has anyone experience similar issues?