RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetpower 2012

Reply
Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 AM
  #151
jetmodeller
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: norwich, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 412
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012


Quote:
ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

Well we're nearly home having stayed the extra night. What a brilliant event, surpassed all my expectations. Great joint venture with FCT tanks, thanks Saleem and Mark for your support over the weekend and Mark for sharing the driving. At least I got a chance to go around the other traders to say high and to see some of the flying

Glamping was an experience but a hotel is calling for next year without doubt. You live and learn

On the a very successful event for us and nice to be going back with an van devoid of boxes.

Ian
HI great to meet you guys and really glad you had a great jet-power,on the review side drop me an email or tel number and we can have a chat regards Keith
jetmodeller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:40 AM
  #152
roydefiant
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Eden Prairie, MN,
Posts: 664
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

who is kitting the brightly colored hawker hunters? Hard to tell what scale they are
roydefiant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:40 AM
  #153
jetmodeller
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: norwich, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 412
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012


Quote:
ORIGINAL: John Tancock

Now that’s more like it Dave!
Life is a Circus, you have to bring them in just like the Pied Piper!
I will see you there tomorrow with my M&R shirt on!
Have a safe journey.


Regards


John
Hi John great to meet you guys many thanks for the thick head i had saturday morning!!!that sherbut sucks.Hope you all had a safe trip home and that, that new model is flying very soon,any issues drop me an email jetjock@talktalk.net regards Keith
jetmodeller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:08 PM
  #154
schroedm
 
schroedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: SevenoaksKent, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 5,192
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

Hunters were in the scale Miss Demeanour scheme. Swiss formation team. Looked an flown superbly.

They're big. 1/4 scale and P200SX power. HT-modellbau kit

Rgds,
Mark
schroedm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:41 PM
  #155
lozza1965
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: gloucester, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 538
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

Well i just went along for a jolly weekend away, my first time, so a massive thanks to Geoff White for the invite along with Jamie and Paul, don't know how it use to be but had a very enjoyable time, will be back next year, after all any weekend away having good food and beer with the lads has got to be a good thing, thought the night flying was enjoyable, not seen that before so was very impressed.

Took the pocket camera along to take a few pictures, came back with far too many, will take forever to process, just a shame the light conditions were not a little better for the camera Friday/Saturday, missed out Sunday as we came home.

A special thankyou to Barry for arranging the press pass, and finally Frank I want your Typhoon.

Just a few I processed tonight and what I like about photographing this is shooting jets low level, hate shooting upwards.

1

Jetpower 2012 by lauriehughes, on Flickr
2

Jetpower 2012 by lauriehughes, on Flickr
3

Jetpower 2012 by lauriehughes, on Flickr
4 Typical was tracking the wrong one

Jetpower 2012 by lauriehughes, on Flickr
5

Jetpower 2012 by lauriehughes, on Flickr
6

Jetpower 2012 by lauriehughes, on Flickr

lozza
lozza1965 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:41 PM
  #156
Carbon-Customs
 
Carbon-Customs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: DENMARK
Posts: 500
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

yeah that hunter kit is nice.

my girlfriend was VERY impressed with my spending of Euros at the jetcat stand

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45750.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	1802108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20327.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	1802109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94682.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	1802110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oi15972.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	1802111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fq89595.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	1802112  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sj73437.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	1802113   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bd67037.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	1802114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xw75809.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	1802115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us23996.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	1802116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fr80679.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	1802117  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl56123.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	1802118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kv87447.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1802119  
Carbon-Customs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:55 PM
  #157
Xairflyer
 
Xairflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Co. Donegal, IRELAND
Posts: 2,738
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

You are a master laurie great shots

That shot of Ali's M346 looks is class, if there was ever a picture to say why you must have a pilot in your model that is is. Imagine how bad it would have looked with an empty cockpit.
Xairflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:43 PM
  #158
KFX450
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Danville, NH
Posts: 574
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

Did anybody get a good look at the Sebart Avanti??? Just wondering how the quality, construction, etc..looked.Thanks
KFX450 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:51 PM
  #159
Carbon-Customs
 
Carbon-Customs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: DENMARK
Posts: 500
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

yes i looked at it alot, one of my friends wanted it, but i simply dont think its worth the price.

the wings are made of wood with normal covering on it, the fuse is non sandwich, the plane is expensive. ( the price just gone up by 300€ )

it looked very well flying, and the fuelcell was very clever
Carbon-Customs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:33 PM
  #160
F106A
 
F106A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 1,831
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

Any info on the Lightning?
Thanks,
Jon
F106A is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM
  #161
KFX450
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Danville, NH
Posts: 574
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Carbon-Customs

yes i looked at it alot, one of my friends wanted it, but i simply dont think its worth the price.

the wings are made of wood with normal covering on it, the fuse is non sandwich, the plane is expensive. ( the price just gone up by 300€ )

it looked very well flying, and the fuelcell was very clever

Why thank you..Just saw the wings were balsa covered..Im sure they are fine, I was hoping it was all composite or similar..Thanks
KFX450 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:02 PM
  #162
Andrew Bailey
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chippenham Wiltshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 97
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

It was on the Airworld stand. Had a chat with the pilot (an Airworld customer). He was very happy with the model. It looked fantastic in the air. He had increased the weight from book auw of 19kg to(I think)26kg have a higher wing loading for more realistic flight. There is no scale cockpit available for it right now but it is easy to adapt another cockpit. Turbine sits low in the fuselage and uses one pipe. The top pipe is a dummy. It did look like there would be enough depth for a twin turbine installation. Airframe comes in silver. Span 68" 176cm, fuselage is 111" 284cm Airworld web page is athttp://www.airworld.de/Englisch/Jetm...ning/index.htm
Andrew Bailey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:37 PM
  #163
F106A
 
F106A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 1,831
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the reply.
I figured it was AW, just surprised to see one fly.
The kits been out for years but no models were ever completed and flown except the prototype.
I've been in contact over the years with many modelers in the UK and other places and they all said the same thing: the kit is a mess and it's unbuildable.
There was also issues with the availability of the landing gears and wheels.
Too bad because the Lightning is one of my favorite planes and would really like to build one.
Thanks,
Jon
F106A is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:40 PM
  #164
Ali
 
Ali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Northamptonshire , UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 4,975
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

You are a master laurie great shots

That shot of Ali's M346 looks is class, if there was ever a picture to say why you must have a pilot in your model that is is. Imagine how bad it would have looked with an empty cockpit.
Thats such a coincidence that you say that. The Pilot was only bolted in last minute at the show. As I was in the start box I went to remove him, as I was worried that it might make the model nose heavy. At the last moment I said to my helper " A stuff it! Leave it in as there might be someone who gets a good photo of it, and a cockpit like this without a cockpit looks rubbish" Great minds hey?
Ali is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:45 PM
  #165
Ali
 
Ali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Northamptonshire , UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 4,975
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012


Quote:
ORIGINAL: F106A

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the reply.
I figured it was AW, just surprised to see one fly.
The kits been out for years but no models were ever completed and flown except the prototype.
I've been in contact over the years with many modelers in the UK and other places and they all said the same thing: the kit is a mess and it's unbuildable.
There was also issues with the availability of the landing gears and wheels.
Too bad because the Lightning is one of my favorite planes and would really like to build one.
Thanks,
Jon


I was one of those who doubted that the kit was completable. I even had an early version of the kit and sold it on, as all but one of my builders said that it was too much work. When I saw Trond's silver and blue EE lightning on Airworld's site a few months ago I was like... WOW! I never thought we would get a chance to see it fly. So when it rocked up to JP this year I was full on excited. The flight that Trond ( The ex owner and builder ) put in on Thursday afternoon for his over 25Kg certification was bloody stunning. I remember going back to the hotel that night and trying to re work next years model plan so it could incorporate one of these bad boys.
Dont get me wrong. I still dont think its the easiest kit in the world to build. Trond is a great and very practical builder. At least now we know its an all round complete product, that can be finished and at the end of it there is the possibly of having a stunning flying and looking model!
Ali is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:27 AM
  #166
Nhalyn
 
Nhalyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Paris, FRANCE
Posts: 387
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

You are a master laurie great shots

That shot of Ali's M346 looks is class, if there was ever a picture to say why you must have a pilot in your model that is is. Imagine how bad it would have looked with an empty cockpit.
That's just I was talking to me as I was watching the stunning photo of the CARF L-39 patrol ! Superb shot, but empty canopy...
Nhalyn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:11 AM
  #167
John Tancock
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: LondonSurrey, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 385
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

Hi Keith
It was good to meet up with you and Peter, and Saturday night was a blast (Great air guitar too)!
Journey back was good, we were back indoors by 21:00hrs!!!!!!!!!!
There was no light unit in the Kit[&o], so James is going to send me one!
I can’t seem to PM Peter at the moment! If you see him tell to drop me a PM!
We can come up for a get together![8D]
Thanks for the company, you were both a great laugh.


John
John Tancock is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:15 AM
  #168
Xairflyer
 
Xairflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Co. Donegal, IRELAND
Posts: 2,738
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Nhalyn

That's just I was talking to me as I was watching the stunning photo of the CARF L-39 patrol ! Superb shot, but empty canopy...
Yes the l39 just looks like it is being hung up from a ceiling by a bit of string
Xairflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:00 AM
  #169
chrigui
 
chrigui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: ferrara, ITALY
Posts: 1,538
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

what type of gear legs and wheels in the L-29 DELFIN ?


chrigui is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:06 PM
  #170
speed is life
 
speed is life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Redstone, CO, USA
Posts: 330
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

On a few days of holiday in Germany after JetPower, can't easily post up pictures because I'm just on my iPad. Will post when I get back to the States and my desktop.
This was my 1st JetPower and I must say it is a real extravaganza compared to any event in the USA. Very tightly controlled and scheduled flying in keeping with the German way of doing things, no complaints, awsome flying, and a really beautiful flying site.
The trade halls were just mind boggling......so many goodies that you simply can't get in the a States. 

Been by to visit Daniel Schübeler at his facility near Paderborn today. Back down to Frankfurt tomorrow and a flight home........
-Mike
speed is life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:06 AM
  #171
pilot tw
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Kaohsiung, TAIWAN
Posts: 2,068
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

Here are some videos for Skymaster jets demo flight at Jet power 2012:

F-104

http://youtu.be/X-ABWYisLDo

A-10

http://youtu.be/5o1C3F0g-X8

F-16 1/6 G2

http://youtu.be/5UlhEweP3kU

F-15 EDF

http://youtu.be/YdCowyKFGOc
pilot tw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:27 AM
  #172
JohnMac
 
JohnMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Leeds, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 1,386
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012


Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ali


Quote:
ORIGINAL: F106A

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the reply.
I figured it was AW, just surprised to see one fly.
The kits been out for years but no models were ever completed and flown except the prototype.
I've been in contact over the years with many modelers in the UK and other places and they all said the same thing: the kit is a mess and it's unbuildable.
There was also issues with the availability of the landing gears and wheels.
Too bad because the Lightning is one of my favorite planes and would really like to build one.
Thanks,
Jon


I was one of those who doubted that the kit was completable. I even had an early version of the kit and sold it on, as all but one of my builders said that it was too much work. When I saw Trond's silver and blue EE lightning on Airworld's site a few months ago I was like... WOW! I never thought we would get a chance to see it fly. So when it rocked up to JP this year I was full on excited. The flight that Trond ( The ex owner and builder ) put in on Thursday afternoon for his over 25Kg certification was bloody stunning. I remember going back to the hotel that night and trying to re work next years model plan so it could incorporate one of these bad boys.
Dont get me wrong. I still dont think its the easiest kit in the world to build. Trond is a great and very practical builder. At least now we know its an all round complete product, that can be finished and at the end of it there is the possibly of having a stunning flying and looking model!
As you probably know Ali, I have one gathering dust in my attic. I never abandoned the idea of building it, I just put it on the long finger. A retirement project is what I had in mind. But Tronds flying of this model got me really hot and bothered. Somehow I am going to have to get this moved up the building list. Yes there is loads of work, but nothing a real modeller cannot handle. But it will be a labour of love.
Please get that one of yours flying Ali, I need the inspiration.
John

JohnMac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:15 PM
  #173
Jettrond
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: , NORWAY
Posts: 3
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

Hi all English Electric Lightning enthusiasts!

It was really nice to have so many good feedback on Jetpower Fair and here on the forum. It was not my best flights with the EEL, a bit stressful to fly the first time in such a big event.
Here is the link to my build thread with a lot of pictures: http://www.jetsofnorway.no/forum/vie...t=535&start=10

Best regards
Trond Hammerstad
Jets of Norway
Jettrond is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:22 PM
  #174
Jettrond
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: , NORWAY
Posts: 3
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

This is video of the maiden flight of the EEL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFKOU...layer_embedded

Regards

Trond
Jettrond is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:43 PM
  #175
tulz161
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St Augustine, Fl
Posts: 237
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Jetpower 2012

Fantastic shots Lozza!
tulz161 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:17 AM.