Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Jetpower 2012

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

Β*Well we're nearly home having stayed the extra night. What a brilliant event, surpassed all my expectations. Great joint venture with FCT tanks, thanks Saleem and Mark for your support over the weekend and Mark for sharing the driving. At least I got a chance to go around the other traders to say high and to see some of the flying

Glamping was an experience but a hotel is calling for next year without doubt. You live and learn

On the a very successful event for us and nice to be going back with an van devoid of boxes.Β*

Ian
    HI great to meet you guys and really glad you had a great jet-power,on the review side drop me an email or tel number and we can have a chat regards Keith

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

who is kitting the brightly colored hawker hunters? Hard to tell what scale they are

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: John Tancock

Now that’s more like it Dave!
    Life is a Circus, you have to bring them in just like the Pied Piper!
    I will see you there tomorrow with my M&R shirt on!
    Have a safe journey.

Regards

John
    Hi John great to meet you guys many thanks for the thick head i had saturday morning!!!that sherbut sucks.Hope you all had a safe trip home and that, that new model is flying very soon,any issues drop me an email jetjock@talktalk.net regards Keith

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hunters were in the scale Miss Demeanour scheme. Swiss formation team. Looked an flown superbly.

They're big. 1/4 scale and P200SX power. HT-modellbau kit

Rgds,
    Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well i just went along for a jolly weekend away, my first time, so a massive thanks to Geoff White for the invite along with Jamie and Paul, don't know how it use to be but had a very enjoyable time, will be back next year, after all any weekend away having good food and beer with the lads has got to be a good thing, thought the night flying was enjoyable, not seen that before so was very impressed.

Took the pocket camera along to take a few pictures, came back with far too many, will take forever to process, just a shame the light conditions were not a little better for the camera Friday/Saturday, missed out Sunday as we came home.

A special thankyou to Barry for arranging the press pass, and finally Frank I want your Typhoon.

Just a few I processed tonight and what I like about photographing this is shooting jets low level, hate shooting upwards.

Jetpower 2012 by lauriehughes, on Flickr

4 Typical was tracking the wrong one

lozza
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/laurie-hughes/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah that hunter kit is nice.

my girlfriend was VERY impressed with my spending of Euros at the jetcat stand

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq45750.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	1802108   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mh20327.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	1802109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bh94682.jpg 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	1802110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oi15972.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	1802111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fq89595.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	1802112  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sj73437.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	175.2 KB 
ID:	1802113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bd67037.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	1802114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xw75809.jpg 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	1802115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us23996.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	1802116   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fr80679.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	1802117  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fl56123.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	166.0 KB 
ID:	1802118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kv87447.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	1802119  
    Kasper H
    JetCat P300RX 1:5,5 F-16 - Better to have too much power and not need it, than need it and not have it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You are a master laurie great shots

That shot of Ali's M346 looks is class, if there was ever a picture to say why you must have a pilot in your model that is is. Imagine how bad it would have looked with an empty cockpit.
    www.letterkennymodelflyingclub.com
    www.jmaireland.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did anybody get a good look at the Sebart Avanti??? Just wondering how the quality, construction, etc..looked.Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes i looked at it alot, one of my friends wanted it, but i simply dont think its worth the price.

the wings are made of wood with normal covering on it, the fuse is non sandwich, the plane is expensive. ( the price just gone up by 300€ )

it looked very well flying, and the fuelcell was very clever
    Kasper H
    JetCat P300RX 1:5,5 F-16 - Better to have too much power and not need it, than need it and not have it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any info on the Lightning?
    Thanks,
    Jon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Carbon-Customs

yes i looked at it alot, one of my friends wanted it, but i simply dont think its worth the price.

the wings are made of wood with normal covering on it, the fuse is non sandwich, the plane is expensive. ( the price just gone up by 300€ )

it looked very well flying, and the fuelcell was very clever

Why thank you..Just saw the wings were balsa covered..Im sure they are fine, I was hoping it was all composite or similar..Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It was on the Airworld stand. Had a chat with the pilot (an Airworld customer). He was very happy with the model. It looked fantastic in the air. He had increased the weight from book auw of 19kg to(I think)26kg have a higher wing loading for more realistic flight. There is no scale cockpit available for it right now but it is easy to adapt another cockpit. Turbine sits low in the fuselage and uses one pipe. The top pipe is a dummy. It did look like there would be enough depth for a twin turbine installation. Airframe comes in silver. Span 68" 176cm, fuselage is 111" 284cm Airworld web page is athttp://www.airworld.de/Englisch/Jetm...ning/index.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Andrew,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I figured it was AW, just surprised to see one fly.
    The kits been out for years but no models were ever completed and flown except the prototype.
    I've been in contact over the years with many modelers in the UK and other places and they all said the same thing: the kit is a mess and it's unbuildable.
    There was also issues with the availability of the landing gears and wheels.
    Too bad because the Lightning is one of my favorite planes and would really like to build one.
    Thanks,
    Jon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

That shot of Ali's M346 looks is class, if there was ever a picture to say why you must have a pilot in your model that is is. Imagine how bad it would have looked with an empty cockpit.
    Thats such a coincidence that you say that. The Pilot was only bolted in last minute at the show. As I was in the start box I went to remove him, as I was worried that it might make the model nose heavy. At the last moment I said to my helper " A stuff it! Leave it in as there might be someone who gets a good photo of it, and a cockpit like this without a cockpit looks rubbish" Great minds hey?
    Al's Hobbies, Horizon Hobby, Airworld, BVM, Jet Cat, Skymaster, Rc Jet Centre,pull over, Tomahawk, C-ARF, Jet-Teng,Kingtech

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: F106A

Hi Andrew,
    Thanks for the reply.
    The kits been out for years but no models were ever completed and flown except the prototype.
    I've been in contact over the years with many modelers in the UK and other places and they all said the same thing: the kit is a mess and it's unbuildable.
    Too bad because the Lightning is one of my favorite planes and would really like to build one.
    Thanks,
    Jon

I was one of those who doubted that the kit was completable. I even had an early version of the kit and sold it on, as all but one of my builders said that it was too much work. When I saw Trond's silver and blue EE lightning on Airworld's site a few months ago I was like... WOW! I never thought we would get a chance to see it fly. So when it rocked up to JP this year I was full on excited. The flight that Trond ( The ex owner and builder ) put in on Thursday afternoon for his over 25Kg certification was bloody stunning. I remember going back to the hotel that night and trying to re work next years model plan so it could incorporate one of these bad boys.
    Dont get me wrong. I still dont think its the easiest kit in the world to build. Trond is a great and very practical builder. At least now we know its an all round complete product, that can be finished and at the end of it there is the possibly of having a stunning flying and looking model!
    Al's Hobbies, Horizon Hobby, Airworld, BVM, Jet Cat, Skymaster, Rc Jet Centre,pull over, Tomahawk, C-ARF, Jet-Teng,Kingtech

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

That's just I was talking to me as I was watching the stunning photo of the CARF L-39 patrol ! Superb shot, but empty canopy...
    "You've never been lost until you've been lost at mach 3 !" (a test pilot of the SR-71)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Keith
    It was good to meet up with you and Peter, and Saturday night was a blast (Great air guitar too)!
    Journey back was good, we were back indoors by 21:00hrs!!!!!!!!!!
    There was no light unit in the Kit[&o], so James is going to send me one!
    I can’t seem to PM Peter at the moment! If you see him tell to drop me a PM!
    We can come up for a get together![8D]
    Thanks for the company, you were both a great laugh.

John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Nhalyn

That's just I was talking to me as I was watching the stunning photo of the CARF L-39 patrol ! Superb shot, but empty canopy...
    Yes the l39 just looks like it is being hung up from a ceiling by a bit of string
    www.letterkennymodelflyingclub.com
    www.jmaireland.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what type of gear legs and wheels in the L-29 DELFIN ?

www.jetflydemoteam.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

On a few days of holiday in Germany after JetPower, can't easily post up pictures because I'm just on my iPad. Will post when I get back to the States and my desktop.
    This was my 1st JetPower and I must say it is a real extravaganza compared to any event in the USA. Very tightly controlled and scheduled flying in keeping with the German way of doing things, no complaints, awsome flying, and a really beautiful flying site.
    The trade halls were just mind boggling......so many goodies that you simply can't get in the a States. 

Been by to visit Daniel Schübeler at his facility near Paderborn today. Back down to Frankfurt tomorrow and a flight home........
    -Mike
    -Schuebeler Sales USA-

Will Rogers never met a fighter pilot.
    -Author unknown

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are some videos for Skymaster jets demo flight at Jet power 2012:

F-104

http://youtu.be/X-ABWYisLDo

A-10

http://youtu.be/5o1C3F0g-X8

F-16 1/6 G2

http://youtu.be/5UlhEweP3kU

F-15 EDF

http://youtu.be/YdCowyKFGOc
    owner - Skymaster Jet
    X-Treme Jets

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ali

ORIGINAL: F106A

Hi Andrew,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Thanks,
    Jon

I was one of those who doubted that the kit was completable. I even had an early version of the kit and sold it on, as all but one of my builders said that it was too much work. When I saw Trond's silver and blue EE lightning on Airworld's site a few months ago I was like... WOW! I never thought we would get a chance to see it fly. So when it rocked up to JP this year I was full on excited. The flight that Trond ( The ex owner and builder ) put in on Thursday afternoon for his over 25Kg certification was bloody stunning. I remember going back to the hotel that night and trying to re work next years model plan so it could incorporate one of these bad boys.
    Dont get me wrong. I still dont think its the easiest kit in the world to build. Trond is a great and very practical builder. At least now we know its an all round complete product, that can be finished and at the end of it there is the possibly of having a stunning flying and looking model!
    As you probably know Ali, I have one gathering dust in my attic. I never abandoned the idea of building it, I just put it on the long finger. A retirement project is what I had in mind. But Tronds flying of this model got me really hot and bothered. Somehow I am going to have to get this moved up the building list. Yes there is loads of work, but nothing a real modeller cannot handle. But it will be a labour of love.
    Please get that one of yours flying Ali, I need the inspiration.
    John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all English Electric Lightning enthusiasts!

It was really nice to have so many good feedback on Jetpower Fair and here on the forum. It was not my best flights with the EEL, a bit stressful to fly the first time in such a big event.
    Here is the link to my build thread with a lot of pictures: http://www.jetsofnorway.no/forum/vie...t=535&start=10

Best regards
    Trond Hammerstad
    Jets of Norway

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is video of the maiden flight of the EEL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFKOU...layer_embedded

Regards

Trond

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fantastic shots Lozza!
    Money isn\'\'\'\'t everything... but everything makes me want it.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast