Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Plea to ARF manufacturers for better Insignia Markings

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Plea to ARF manufacturers for better Insignia Markings

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:38 AM
Chris Smith
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Plea to ARF manufacturers for better Insignia Markings

Every couple of years we have to get on our soap box again and make a plea for accuracy in our markings.

I apologize up front.

Imported ARF manufacturers are the worst. Skymaster, FBjets, Fly Eagle jet, etc. None of these companies bother to take the time or effort to render the US insignia correctly. Unfortunatly, many of us don't know the difference so we don't ask for better.

The trend these days is for the ARF to come already painted with the insignia. It takes just as much time to paint the star and bar wrong as it would to do it right. Can we get a discount when they paint the insignia wrong? Or are we going to get charged more when they paint it correctly?

For ARF manufacturers: We are not talking about too small or too large. That's only part of the problem. We are talking the proportion of the star in the blue circle, the length of the bars, the width of the red stripe, etc. Same issue on the British Roundel. Could you at least try to get the color shades correct?

Attached I've provided a Judges reference sheet that explains how the US star and bar should look. Free of charge!! Wow, we are offering a solution and have done the research for you! Yes, many contest judges are letting you get away with it too. But for the most part the top pilots know how the insignias should look, so the models that win use graphics from the better sources. And they aren't most ARF makers.

Phew, got that off my chest for another few years. Back to standing on my head.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ec89707.pdf (24.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Chris Smith
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Plea to ARF manufacturers for better Insignia Markings

If we help one guy that wants to make a nice jet model, then it was worth the research. We have to stay sharp in the Nashville Jet Band since our Band leader Scott Harris just won US Scale Masters. Congrats to him and his BVM F-86F.

Updated the above attachment with the FS color numbers.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:51 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Good luck!

Maybe they can take spelling lessons also
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73025.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1799763  
Old 09-10-2012, 06:37 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

LOL my favorite was a fellow club member asked why I chuckled at his Hellcat every time I looked at it.

Under the canopy it said "Lift Hear to open" he had it for months before he realized what it said.