Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Need Servo Advice

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Need Servo Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 05:46 PM
STKNRUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Servo Advice

Got my KingCat out that I hadn't flown for a long time. Put it up on its back and attached wings to check gear and control servos. The flaps were 'frozen' and the 8611 servos could be heard trying to move them. I stared at it for a few seconds and tried the flap switch a couple times before I turned the Rx off. Rolled the planed over on the stand and there was the tape on the top of the wing and flap starring at me...called it a brain fart or age impairment. In any event, the servos work fine (with tape removed)...no slippage with resistance or hesitation. BUT can I trust that I haven't damaged them? Please save me the lecture, I feel bad enough!

Thanks,
George
Old 10-01-2012, 07:28 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Need Servo Advice

I highly doubt you damaged them. I assume they still move smoothly and work correctly? I would do a couple of cycles and if they work properly I would be on my way....
Old 10-01-2012, 07:29 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pop wing cover and turn it on and load it with your hand for a bit to about 1-2 amps.. (use a watt meter on your main batt input) to simulate air load.. check temp of servo as well.. thats a pretty tough servo. I have one that was bound longer than that on a rudder and it was ok.. More important is checking your batts or replacing after extended sit time
Old 10-05-2012, 05:43 AM
rctech2k7
My Feedback: (1)

You got answer from this query already and to give you my point, you didn't damage them, test your servo no load current, with rated terminal voltage must be almost zero. At same voltage full load current it must deliver rated torque.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 AM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont worry as much about the servos as you should the mounts, horns and linkages- Give them a really good inspection. Scotty