Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Powerbox RRS

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powerbox RRS

Old 10-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Jgwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerbox RRS

I was upset today when I wanted to buy a Powerbox RRS to find that they are no longer being made. I have had 3 over the years and the unit is excellent it is small, low cost and provides the simplest method of having 2 receivers and complies with UK Large Model Association rules for system diversity. What a pity, I guess that there had not been enough demand for them. The alternative new product is 3 times the cost!

John
Old 10-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 727 Likes on 523 Posts
Default RE: Powerbox RRS

John

Your Champion RRS is in progress. Features built in Regulators, Switching, signal boosting for better servo resolution...Plus so much more

Dave
Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: Jgwright

I was upset today when I wanted to buy a Powerbox RRS to find that they are no longer being made. I have had 3 over the years and the unit is excellent it is small, low cost and provides the simplest method of having 2 receivers and complies with UK Large Model Association rules for system diversity. What a pity, I guess that there had not been enough demand for them. The alternative new product is 3 times the cost!

John
Have a few [link=http://dreamworksrc.com/catalog/powerbox-redundant-receiver-system-p-603.html]IN STOCK John![/link]
Old 10-09-2012, 12:12 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

John, are you aware of the emcotec device http://shop.rc-electronic.com/e-vend...=6&c=705&p=705
Old 10-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Jgwright

Harry

Yes I checked the Emcotec web site and see that they do a similar product to the old RRS unit. It seems I must be getting out of date and should be changing to S bus to take advantage of the cheaper receivers. Odd though that Powerbox have effectively given the market for those with older receivers who want a simple system for 2 receivers with redundancy to their rival.

John
Old 10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Nhalyn

I understand your voice on this point of view but I'm nt sure this system was "the thing".

This system only gives you a redundant Rx for your plane, and that's all. Why put double Rx system if you don't have a double battery system ? In fact, there is more battery failure than receiver failures, right ? So using Powerbox RRS system you have to add a meaning to feed your servos with redundant batteries feeding.

This is in fact a Powerbox Champion/Royal RRS system... OK, it's not the same price, but this includes, as said, dual batteries, dual receivers, signal boosters, etc, all included in a single and secured box.

For me the Powerbox RSS system was made for guy owning before a Powerbox without RRS system and wanting to update a plane with dual receiver without changing all the costly box system. Not sure there was a huge demand on it.

But you will be surely smilling again when you will found on the market this :
[link]http://www.lamb-air.com/central-box-200.php[/link]

This the Jeti equivalent of the Powerbox RRS system... But this includes the dual battery... Impatient to see the cost !
Old 10-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Jgwright

I had dual battery systems on my larger planes with 2 receivers. On 2 planes I used a simple Powerbox sensor switch which has twin battery inputs and feeds and A123 batteries. These planes though were not very fast flying and on the next larger heavier plane I have used a Powerbox Base log with its more powerful regulators.

I have never had an issue with Powerbox products which are excellent.

Not sure I would trust Jeti though.

John
Old 10-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Nhalyn

Why don't trust Jeti system ? They are manufacturing electronic systems for 15 or 20 years ago, and those are first quality system.

Electric brushed and brushless controlers are on top for years ! (Hacker motors is working with them)
Jeti duplex 2.4Ghz system is working for years now and is very good. They have start to seeling teir new transmiter DC-16 for few month now and it's a winner...

The central box is only a concentration in the same box of old systems that are working for years (EN links, Maxbec, etc...)
Old 10-11-2012, 01:16 PM
ModellbauUK

ORIGINAL: HarryC

John, are you aware of the emcotec device http://shop.rc-electronic.com/e-vend...=6&c=705&p=705
is this compatible with Spektrum 2.4gHz receivers?