Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: F-16 pilot control question

ORIGINAL: tenacious101010

The Navy prefers, for good reason 2 engine aircraft and the F-16 does have a tailhook. Its not made for carrier landings, just for emergencys on land.
    Oh. 2 Engines. That explains alot. Speaking of 2 engines: how does the Tomcat compare to the Viper? Or is that like comparing oranges to apples? Different missions, different capabilities, different everything.

"We’re retrieving the seed — then we’re done defending the humans."

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm sure sluggo's going to jump in here and defend his girl, but we called Tomcats grapes, or tomkitties. They were meant for long range fleet defense, not knife fighting in a phone booth. Cool as hell, but easy in a visual game. The next generation of jet (F-15/16/18) after the 14 was designed to be good at longer (radar limited in 16/18) range stuff as well as in close

The hornet is AMAZING at slow speed. He can point that nose like crazy. The hi alpha stuff in a hornet is eye watering. (happy Buck?)

Sluggo..is the Navy done with N's? I was trying to work an exchange for a while up to Fallon..didn't get real far though

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ozief16
    The hornet is AMAZING at slow speed. He can point that nose like crazy. The hi alpha stuff in a hornet is eye watering. (happy Buck?)

Dave
    Indeed...but so much for Sam Flynn's "Speed is life" admonition, especially in a multi-bogey environment. For sure a great airshow jet, single-plane. But put six Hornets in close formation and the presentation looks busy. Not nice and clean like the A-4, the F-16, or even the F-4.

I had typed a big response here, but would rather not hijack the thread. Plus, it would be better to discuss this after-hours over an adult beverage or three at a jet event! But know this, if I could magically get granted 10 flights in jets I had been qualed to fly, I'd take 2 in the F-14 and 8 in the A-4F...no wait, just 1 in the F-14 so I could light the burners again, and 9 in the A-4F! ...and I'd pass on all of 'em to get 10 in an F-16. 9 g's beats 6.5 all day long.

Sluggo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not sure which was more fun, what I would give to do it again...........now back to the OPs subject
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xu62815.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	1810541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm38447.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	1810542  
    Live to Love and laugh, anything else is rubbish!
    A citizen of the universe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

UNCLE!!!!!!!!

Kurt

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tenacious101010

Not sure which was more fun, what I would give to do it again...........now back to the OPs subject
    Isn't that F-16 the gate guard now? Better than the bone yard but still a shame to see it bolted down.
    The three most useless things to a pilot, the sky above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel on the ground.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was a chase pilot for the F-22 DTE program.. Flew the baddest F-16 Block 50's stripped down and clean.. the Raptor kicked my ***** so badly it wasn't funny.. If I could pick one plane to fly, hands down f-22... I got one gunshot once.. only once.. thats coming from a guy with alot of F-16 Hours... I was impressed...

So... someone mentioned going to the bar and discussing this.. I'm in...Game of Crud, liars poker, JD and Coke.. to the bar!!
    Goose
    Wren Turbines USA, Fromeco Avionics, JetiUSA Flight Team, www.Espritmodel.com www.demonaero.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234