Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Flash Power thoughts

Jack

Field or not, the throttle controls the speed. My mind 25-30lb gives a good range. the Classic Flash is draggy compared to the UF. But the UF has way more flap drag available.

Dave
    Motors & Rotors. JetCat, Powerbox, Intairco, Behotec, Graupner. CARF-models Rep. JR Propo for ever!, Jet 1A, MAP, Evojet, BVM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have two flash's

The first has a Simjet 3000 (30 lbs) Flies well and fast.

The second had a Wren Super Sport, 18.5 lbs thrust. It also flew well and felt much lighter in the air. It did struggle a little bit to get into the air but once on step it was fine. I have since put a Jet Central Cheetah in it (31 lbs) and it flies awsome. Most of the time I fly it 1/2 to 5/8 stick but it has the thrust for great vertical when required.

It is just a metter of preference.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh I do Know that Dave, I guess I'm just trying to convince myself that my only other engine (a Rabbit 100 in my Elan)) will be a good alternative, I love the speed and power of the Cheetah, but that one needs major repairs from the crash. I still have to figure out why it flew away . I'm sending the radio and whats left or the on board equipment (servos /reciever) back to have it checked out. Thanks JAck.
    Jack George

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: carcraze

I am looking to get into a new jet and have been doing some reading and it seems to point to a Flash as the best option for what I want. I have been looking at either a used C Flash or U Flash new or used but I have been pondering power choices.

At this point it will be either a 100 or 140 and I was leaning to a 100 to keep it light and would like to try and get the fuel usage down for longer flight times and keep residual thrust down for landings.

Is there options for additional fuel over that of the wing tank?

I have also heard that the 100 is marginal for that bird as I don't want an under powered jet either. Operation will be off of grass fields.

Any thoughts?

I just started flying my UF with a Rabbit 100. To me it has plenty of power and it is lighter and lower fuel consumption than the 30 pound class. Most guys will advise the 30 pound thrust, true if you need a rocket for a jet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12