Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

kudos to Jetcentral USA, DHL, and Skymaster Extreme

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

kudos to Jetcentral USA, DHL, and Skymaster Extreme

Old 10-29-2012, 12:41 PM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kudos to Jetcentral USA, DHL, and Skymaster Extreme

After losing my AD Scorpion to 1) flying it to far out , and 2) dumb thumbing into the ground because I flew it to far out, I ordered an Extreme Dragon through Eric @ JetCentral USA. As always Eric maintained great contact with me, keeping me informed of the planes progress from ordering to shipping.

Skymaster kept up their end. I ordered the plane in late August and received it just last week. That was not too bad a wait at all. And when I did get it, it had been packed in amazing fashion and arrived in excellent shape. Everything had been wrapped in foam and bubble wrap, then surrounded with expanding foam.

And a shout out has to go to DHL shipping. The plane left Skymaster on Monday, on Tuesday it was in the hands of DHL. On Thursday @ 2 o'clock it was sitting beside my garage here in eastern NC.

I know we generally only talk here on the forum about the rotten stuff that happens to us. But this time all went well.

Gonna do a build thread on the Dragon if there is any interest, haven't seen one in awhile.

Take care
Mike

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80011.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1816010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99194.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1816011  
Old 10-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kudos to Jetcentral USA, DHL, and Skymaster Extreme

You can buy Skymaster jets through Eric? Does that skip over the hassle of dealing with Skymaster themselves?
Old 10-29-2012, 01:17 PM
zonker123

In conversation with Eric he can do the leg work only for the Extreme jet line that comes out of the Skymaster Manufacturing facility.
The Skymaster jet line has some other dealers I believe. (BVM, Details 4 Scale, perhaps some others that I am not aware of.)

Old 10-29-2012, 01:21 PM
mhadjiky

Hello from Cyprus

I have received my Dragon last Friday.

Could you measure and tell me the length of your thrust pipe?

Many thanks
Old 10-29-2012, 02:49 PM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

Build thread please. The Dragon looks like a fantastic jet! Similar to the Viper Jet...what are the differences?
Looks awesome! Plese put the link in this thread to your build thread when you get started. I'd like to see the components you choose to put in this sized airframe. I'm purchasing the 2.5M Futura from a guy in Florida and its fitted with the Mammoth from Jet Central...
Old 10-29-2012, 08:26 PM
zonker123

ORIGINAL: mhadjiky

Hello from Cyprus

Many thanks
I haven't measured mine but i think it is too short without having to make some extensions to move the motor back some. I have some one checking that out for me and should have a better understanding of whats going on later.

I will post what I find out so that we can all know whats going on.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:27 PM
zonker123

ORIGINAL: FlyinTiger

Build thread please. The Dragon looks like a fantastic jet! Similar to the Viper Jet...what are the differences?
Looks awesome! Plese put the link in this thread to your build thread when you get started. I'd like to see the components you choose to put in this sized airframe. I'm purchasing the 2.5M Futura from a guy in Florida and its fitted with the Mammoth from Jet Central...

Ok build thread here:[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11280107/tm.htm[/link]

Wish me luck!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:10 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: zonker123
After losing my AD Scorpion to 1) flying it to far out , and 2) dumb thumbing into the ground because I flew it to far out, I ordered an Extreme Dragon through Eric @ JetCentral USA. As always Eric maintained great contact with me, keeping me informed of the planes progress from ordering to shipping.

Skymaster kept up their end. I ordered the plane in late August and received it just last week. That was not too bad a wait at all. And when I did get it, it had been packed in amazing fashion and arrived in excellent shape. Everything had been wrapped in foam and bubble wrap, then surrounded with expanding foam.

And a shout out has to go to DHL shipping. The plane left Skymaster on Monday, on Tuesday it was in the hands of DHL. On Thursday @ 2 o'clock it was sitting beside my garage here in eastern NC.

I know we generally only talk here on the forum about the rotten stuff that happens to us. But this time all went well.

Gonna do a build thread on the Dragon if there is any interest, haven't seen one in awhile.

Take care
Mike
I also just recently ordered a Dragon but initially tried ordering through BVM. They were nice enough on the phone but never got back to me with a shipping quote. Since BVM never got back to me I decided to contact X-Treme Jets directly. After a couple of emails with John at X-Treme Jets regarding availability and shipping costs my Dragon was ordered. A few days after payment, I received an email confirming my payment had been received and shortly after that I received a DHL tracking number. I received the tracking number on Saturday morning and while I was trying to track my shipment on Monday afternoon the doorbell rang and it was DHL with my Dragon. I was amazed at how quickly it was delivered to say the least. I may be an exception, but I had absolutely no hassle what so ever dealing directly with John at X-Treme Jets... Also, the shipment was received in absolutely perfect condition, DHL didn't put so much as a mark on the outside of the packaging.

I haven't started my Dragon yet due to trying to get my shop in order and cleaned up from my last project but hope to get to it soon. By all means, start an assembly thread and I'll try to contribute to it also as I build mine. The only info I've found on the Dragon appears to be quite old and the ARF has changed quite a bit since then so I think some updated assembly information is in order.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:20 AM
wfield0455

Hello from Cyprus

Many thanks
My thrust pipe is 22 3/8" (57cm) long. Are you thinking that it's too short? Mine is a double walled pipe and doesn't have any sort of flare on the input end. I haven't studied it closely but when I was unpacking the Dragon I noticed a spun metal piece which I assumed was going to attach to the front of the pipe. I could be totally wrong about that though, as I said I've only gotten as far as unpacking it and have really figured things out yet..
Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 AM
zonker123

My pipe measured 60 cm overall without the bell mouth installed.

John from Skymaster extreme emailed me this morning requesting the length of my pipe and I am just waiting for his reply.

I would rather not have to extend the motor rails back as to avoid compensating with weight in the nose. But I won't let it be a game killer if that is what has to happen. Just another hours work on the plane, not a biggie.

Heck, who needs sleep!?

Old 10-30-2012, 12:37 PM
mhadjiky

Please find attached some pictures of my Dragon.

My thrust pipe is 60cm without the bellmouth.
I am going to use my G-Booster 160. I do not want to install the turbine all the way back.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85077.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	1816296   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43307.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1816297  
Old 10-31-2012, 04:43 PM
wfield0455

ORIGINAL: wfield0455

Hello from Cyprus

Many thanks
My thrust pipe is 22 3/8'' (57cm) long. Are you thinking that it's too short? Mine is a double walled pipe and doesn't have any sort of flare on the input end. I haven't studied it closely but when I was unpacking the Dragon I noticed a spun metal piece which I assumed was going to attach to the front of the pipe. I could be totally wrong about that though, as I said I've only gotten as far as unpacking it and have really figured things out yet..
I had order my Dragon directly from X-Treme Jets and today I received an email from John letting me know that I had received the wrong thrust pipe with my Dragon and that he will be sending me the correct one.
He also mentioned that the correct pipe length is 680mm..

Wayne
Old 11-02-2012, 08:27 PM
zonker123

Yep Got the contacted about that to. More kudos to go around.