RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

2nd Chinese Stealth fighter J-31 Ist flight

Old 11-12-2012, 03:25 AM
Jgwright

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 2nd Chinese Stealth fighter J-31 Ist flight

I see that the Chinese have now had the maiden flight of their 2nd stealth fighter, this is smaller than the first with 2 engines and looking a bit like a small F22 or a F35 with 2 engines.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP7OH5ZJFno[/youtube]

John
Old 11-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Henke Torphammar

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 2nd Chinese Stealth fighter J-31 Ist flight

I heard Hobbyking is kitting it as soon as Bruce is finnished with his review of the prototype kit
Old 11-12-2012, 07:49 AM
FalconWings

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just dont get why they copy the OML profile? Its not like stealth is attached to a peculiar shape, it needs to be "smart inside" for it to work, and whole bunch of other stuff as well.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:50 AM
FenderBean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

China has the art of copy down pat
Quote:
ORIGINAL: FalconWings

I just dont get why they copy the OML profile? Its not like stealth is attached to a peculiar shape, it needs to be ''smart inside'' for it to work, and whole bunch of other stuff as well.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Ram-bro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

what makes you think it isnt? They have obviously stolen the basic platform of the F22, what makes you think they dont have the other parts of the platform? The only thig lacking on this jet I believe is the ability for supercruise and thrust vectoring.....at least that is the last I have heard
Old 11-12-2012, 09:38 AM
rhklenke

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Of course, thrust vectoring and supercruise are two of the major advantages of the F-22 airframe...

Lots of unknowns here - what is the actual RCS, what's the speed, payload, range, how good are the avionics (the most important part)? Oh, and there's the fact that the Chinese can't yet build a working afterburning, tubrofan engine to power it, or any other of their fighters...

Don't forget too that the advantages of stealth as an absolute means-to-an-end are decreasing rapidly as anti-stealth detection technology advances...

I am not at all worried about the quality of the Chinese' military technology advancing to catch ours. However, I am VERY worried about the quality of our military technology stagnating to meet theirs.

Bob
Old 11-12-2012, 10:08 AM
FalconWings

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Ram-bro

what makes you think it isnt? They have obviously stolen the basic platform of the F22, what makes you think they dont have the other parts of the platform? The only thig lacking on this jet I believe is the ability for supercruise and thrust vectoring.....at least that is the last I have heard
Because I read, read, and read and it seems the western consensus is that China does not have the capability of producing the software and hardware required to support Stealth Capability. Stealth is not only being invisible to radar, it is also having the ability to communicate, target, and share information with your combat system wihtout becoming a red spot on the enemy's radar. It is here where I'm sure China is 20 years behind. With the help from Russia, maybe knowk it down to 10 years.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Ram-bro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the worst thing we can do is under estimate the capabilities of your enemies or potential enemies. We experiences that during WW2 and the Vie Nam war. I dont doubt that you are educated or well read but yoou dont know what you dont know until its to late. remember, the Chineese still have the Russians who supply them not only with the materials but the technology.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
FenderBean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

we have had problems with china hacking into classified stuff the past few years and taking this type of info. You would be amazed at how often the military is attacked in this manner. [:'(]
Quote:

Quote:

Because I read, read, and read and it seems the western consensus is that China does not have the capability of producing the software and hardware required to support Stealth Capability. Stealth is not only being invisible to radar, it is also having the ability to communicate, target, and share information with your combat system wihtout becoming a red spot on the enemy's radar. It is here where I'm sure China is 20 years behind. With the help from Russia, maybe knowk it down to 10 years.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
FalconWings

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, worse case scenario China would not even think threatening the US. They threaten us = we stop paying them = we both go broke, then we can go to war against each other with stones, bow and arrows.
This world we live in is such a clusterF !!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:18 PM
FenderBean

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree with this, their entire economy depends on us buying stuff, you dont shoot the hand that feeds you
Quote:

Well, worse case scenario China would not even think threatening the US. They threaten us = we stop paying them = we both go broke, then we can go to war against each other with stones, bow and arrows.
This world we live in is such a clusterF !!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:20 PM
FalconWings

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: FenderBean

we have had problems with china hacking into classified stuff the past few years and taking this type of info. You would be amazed at how often the military is attacked in this manner. [:'(]
Quote:

Quote:

I agree but we also missclassify so much BS as "secret". It would take them ages to figure out what the hell they are looking at.
Hey, for all I know, the torque of the retaining bolts on the wheels of a Humvee could be classified, as it deals with Mil hardware. Imagine how much crap like that they must be stealing. Chances of actually obtaining something valuable are very small, unless of course, someone is helping them.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:18 PM
OliverJacob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Never underestimate your enemies...
The chinese are not what they were 10 or 20 years ago.
With their high exports and cash flow they are expanding their education system as well as living standards.

I have no doubt they can put some of their smartest engineers together or hire some foreigners to develop a stealth plane, a spacecraft or whatever they want. But the chinese way is still to copy and modify what's already out there.

They have their own philosophy of testing their planes, if one crashes and the pilot dies, it's not too big of a deal. the next one is waiting in line.
It's not all over the news there.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
marquisvns

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
the Chineese still have the Russians who supply them not only with the materials but the technology.

Kinda doubt it as for now, after the Chinese received 1/2 the number of SU27s from the Russians they backed out on their deal to complete and started building their own, called J-11. A friend in Beijing told me J-11 is nothing like the SU27, cuz, during high G entire strips of rivets will shoot out like a machine gun. This probably explains the role or their J-11 in this footage is good for.

Well, then again, between the Russians and Chinese, you never know.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Ram-bro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The russians are selling their ships and subs to someone.......and the Chineese will get better at their quality and control eventually. Heck, Ford and Chevy did when the Japaneses started selling their cars over here
Old 11-12-2012, 05:34 PM
WhoDaMan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I watched a special that had 1 F-22 go up against 5 F-15, the only time they saw him during the 20 minute blow out was when he flew over the top of them when they were landing
They asked the pilot
If you were a country and knew 30 F-22 were coming in at you what would you do

He said,,,,,, be very afraid
Old 11-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Vettster

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

In this video there can be no doubt who's helping the Chinese in development. Russia

This is a very slick aircraft looking simlar to the F-22 and more so to the J-31.

Whats neat about this plane is the leading edges above the intakes. Kinda like a canard but not really. Watch as they go down during slow flight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y6XxUx6uFhA#!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:42 PM
uncleTom

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Or biggest enemy is within.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 PM
blhollo2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thats funny the F22 raptor is now our old technology and we have moved onto more advanced projects... lol silly china
Old 11-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Doug Cronkhite

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It always makes me laugh when people get their panties all in a bunch over what an airplane can do in an airshow. The PAK FA is a cool looking aircraft though, that's for sure. Nobody will really know its capabilities for a very long time. The Chinese airplane.. well.. probably even longer.

Search this Thread