Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Neutral position elevator SM F-4 Phantom!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Neutral position elevator SM F-4 Phantom!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 07:02 AM
pilot43
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neutral position elevator SM F-4 Phantom!

Hello, friends!
Report please - where is found neutral position of the elevator beside F-4 Phantom from Skymasterjet?
In instructions on assembly of the models about this is not written.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 AM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Neutral position elevator SM F-4 Phantom!

Where is your CG? I can probably get you a picture Sunday. Hopfully someone will reply before then. There are alot of them flying. I have pics for the JL and as I remember they are very similar in position. That said they are vastly different airplanes. Lets get you a pic of the SM.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:24 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

im sure you will find it somewhere here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_31...18/key_/tm.htm

Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 AM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pilot43,

Mine is 43mm below the horizontal panel line measured to the tip of the horizontal stab. My CG is 305mm behind the junction of the leading edge of the wing and the fuselage.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:58 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

not the best pix but you should have an idea, there are 3 tick marks that are visible in the 2nd pix. the top was at cruise, the middle was at take off, the bottom was at landing.

I had my CG at 300mm and this is the large SM F4

it's a great flying jet and I look forward to getting another one..

good luck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85879.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	1827468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86918.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	1827469   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46129.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	1827470  
Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 AM
AKB
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: yeahbaby

not the best pix but you should have an idea, there are 3 tick marks that are visible in the 2nd pix. the top was at cruise, the middle was at take off, the bottom was at landing.

I had my CG at 300mm and this is the large SM F4

it's a great flying jet and I look forward to getting another one..

good luck
Buck you didn't lose yours did you?

Alan
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 AM
yeahbaby

Hey Alan how ya doin? Merry XMAS

yup, I was a Delta Alpha and didn't do a good pre-flight after having sat the jet for an extended period of time. somehow I reversed ailerons while setting up another jet on the same radio...and while doing the control check....well.....I saw what I wanted to see instead of actually seeing the appropriate control deflection.

essentially dumb thumbed it into the ground on the best take off I ever had with that bird. a fleeting moment of....."I can fly this out" turned into just dumping it into the ground. no fire thankfully having shut down the motor prior to impact.

there is another one in my future. all the internals were fine, tanks, gear, tail pipe etc.

How's your F4 doing? enjoying it I see from 400'?? whew that's tight and ballzy!

cheers
Old 12-07-2012, 08:28 AM
pilot43

Many thanks all!
I have found here is this subjects http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_31...31/key_/tm.htm There all answers to my questions.
I build the Phantom. This is a first Phantom in Russia and I need the advices and help.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:37 AM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Best of luck! She will pitch down a little with full flap. Easily handled with some trim. Stay on power until touchdown as she's a dirty bird and will slow/drop as soon as power is reduced.
Your gonna love it!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 AM
yeahbaby

+1

great airplane and you found an informative thread with tons of helpful hints / tips etc.

it's a no brainer airplane to fly.....just remember if you find yourself gear down / flaps full etc on downwind and you're not in the vicinity of 1/3 throttle you gotta ask yourself...why? LOL

the beautiful thing with this bird if she gets slow is that it just develops a high sink rate....like a turd dropping on a flat rock from a tall moose.

enjoy

ORIGINAL: 757Driver

Best of luck! She will pitch down a little with full flap. Easily handled with some trim. Stay on power until touchdown as she's a dirty bird and will slow/drop as soon as power is reduced.
Your gonna love it!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:57 AM
pilot43

:-)
Thank you, gentlemans.
He will fly as present fighter :-) We respect Phantom, this best plane :-)
Old 12-07-2012, 08:59 AM
AKB

yup, I was a Delta Alpha and didn't do a good pre-flight after having sat the jet for an extended period of time. somehow I reversed ailerons while setting up another jet on the same radio...and while doing the control check....well.....I saw what I wanted to see instead of actually seeing the appropriate control deflection.

essentially dumb thumbed it into the ground on the best take off I ever had with that bird. a fleeting moment of.....''I can fly this out'' turned into just dumping it into the ground. no fire thankfully having shut down the motor prior to impact.

there is another one in my future. all the internals were fine, tanks, gear, tail pipe etc.

How's your F4 doing? enjoying it I see from 400'?? whew that's tight and ballzy!

cheers
Hi Buck
Yes Merry Christmas to you too. Being a Canadian I got involved with a Snowbirds Tutor the last while, so I have been having adventures with it.
The F-4 took a back seat for a little while. But I decided this year it will be finished and flying for 2013. I did get some motivation from Dave Phillips flying his at Whidbey Island when he was there in 2010. Also when I was at the Jet Masters in Dayton, I also talked and watched Andy Andrews flying his flying very well too. So I think 2013 will be it's year.

So sorry to hear about your accident. As your testament says, it happens to the best. I hope you get replaced soon and that the skies will be in fear of the big Rhino again. Maybe talk to you again when I get close. Still have kept all the PM's and emails you wrote me with your good guidance.
Talk to you soon Buck and have a good 2013.

Alan
Old 12-07-2012, 09:09 AM
AKB

essentially dumb thumbed it into the ground on the best take off I ever had with that bird. a fleeting moment of.....''I can fly this out'' turned into just dumping it into the ground. no fire thankfully having shut down the motor prior to impact.

cheers
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 AM
yeahbaby

cheers mate

here's some motivation for both of ya!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14871.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	1827536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90667.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1827537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57668.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	111.3 KB