Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Velox trim question

Maybe someone can answer this question. My Velox is trimmed well in straight and level, hands off okay. Landings are smooth and predicable. What I noticed today was that when it make a 180 degree decending turn back to the field, I need a lot of up elevator. If I let off the elevator the plane will diffenatly dive more than what is comfortable. Other than that the flight are very good. Elevator servo is a Hitech 7955 on 6 volts. 333 oz torque.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Velox trim question

Hey Ron....

I know it's a different bird... but my Falcon is the same way. (still a twin boom style) Once I pull the power back, and coming in for final... I'm holding about 20% up elevator. My thoughts are... as it slows down, with the flaps down... the elevator becomes shadowed.

Also... I'm helping a buddy build a Velox right now... so I'll be able to tell you if it does the same thing. I'm going over today to help him run the engine... and I'm hoping that he will get a few flights in, before the weather gets bad. (Hes a new turbine pilot)

Where did you fly yesterday? If you go out to Mon Valley... shoot me a PM or email. (I'm about 30 min from that field)
    Tony
    Owner of A&L Motorsports, LLC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It is not when it is in landing configuration or flaps down. I have the elevator mixed with the flaps to counteract the pitch down when extended. What I'm taking about is normal speed turns. This when alot of elevator is required when rolling out of the turn back to straight and level.

Tony,
    PM you email and i will put you on the "flying today" list.

Ron

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK... that's different. Hopefully I'll put some stick time in on my buddies Velox, and be able to tell you if it does the same.

We had a good day today. We were able to get one of his RAM 1000's running, and an old PST 600.

I'll send a PM shortly.
    Tony
    Owner of A&L Motorsports, LLC